+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello from Community Manager Scapes!

Hello from Community Manager Scapes!

Hello ArcheAge fans,

Welcome to the official ArcheAge forums! As you may have read on the website, my name is Evan "Scapes" Berman and I'm proud to be your Community Manager. I’m eager to wade hip-deep into the ArcheAge community but want to provide a proactive update on recent hot topics and the game’s future (with regards to our service).

Let’s open with the burning question I’ve had tweeted and Skyped and yelled out of passing cars at me since I joined the ArcheAge Team at Trion Worlds: “When can I play the game?” You may know that ArcheAge is currently in an initial Friends and Family Alpha meaning the tester group is extremely small and nigh-internal. What you don’t yet know is that since the recent launch service in Russia, XLGames has been providing tremendous engineering effort toward making ArcheAge go live in the west as rapidly as possible. The work involved in launching a new region with support for three languages, unique to Trion’s version, is no small undertaking on top of integrating the game with our account, patching, operational, billing, and logging systems.

With that in mind, we plan to expand the alpha in coming weeks following GDC this month. This strictly NDA’d phase will initially focus on pillars of the ArcheAge community but will definitely grow out further. “But what about beta?” We’ll be transitioning from alpha to an NDA-free closed beta as the tasks mentioned above get knocked out one at a time, so we can have the best, fastest launch possible. While the tech work continues, the team is also finalizing plans for “early supporter” pre-launch packages slated to be introduced during this timeframe and available for the duration of closed beta, leading into launch later this year.

On that note, I also understand there are concerns about some of the pending changes to the game. Allow me to say this here and now: both Trion Worlds and XLGames want ArcheAge to be a free-to-play sandbox that fits our “No Tricks, No Traps” vision and will make development decisions for to achieve that goal in Trion’s territories. There are a couple of important recent examples we’d love to share: XLGames has agreed to our request that racial quests grant experience (which had been removed) and that mounts/gliders purchased from the cash shop provide solid value and fun, while earned and crafted items are objectively superior.

TLDR: I’m excited to be your point of contact for ArcheAge in the west and we have a lot of news coming up about bringing the game to you as quickly as possible. See you around the official Trion forums and in-game before too long!

I'm glad to see the ball rolling! Hope to see Archeage on the weekly streams going forward, and to hear of further progress! Thanks for keeping us in the loop (as much as possible!)

Look forward to hearing more in the coming weeks
    RU Open Beta Character Info:
    Server Джин
    Level 50 Paladin (Warfare, Protection, Devotion)
    Level 20 Renegade (Necromancy, Devotion, Conjuration)

Server Даута
    Level 50 Hunter (Archery, Finesse, Protection)

Any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM or ping me on Skype!

Hiya Scapes!

We're all excited to play the game, and we know what is in store for us.

We just want Trion Worlds to keep Archeage sandbox alive, and not dumb it down to all the themepark experiences out there.

And to finance the whole gig, just provide us with store perks very specifically suited to our chosen professions in the game.

Do not reward the best and most powerful, they are elite enough to take care of themselves. Encourage and boost the newbies and the masses, and we will be a robust gaming community.

Don't give in to the whiners and complainers. Instead of being fair. Please maintain absolute balance in the world's economy and power levels.

We understand that living in Archeage is a marathon. Not a race.

Hold many world events, and help us build and develop a legendary experience that we can share with family and friends that have not played Archeage.

From the Expeditionary Force "Archeage Angels"

Like Fook, I am super excited that the forums are open. It is good to have you Scapes

Hope to see Archeage on the weekly streams

Hi all! excited to play this game.

Hey Scapes! Good job on the new forums. Really happy to meet our community manager. I am definitely interested in working hard to find bugs in the alpha/beta version of ArcheAge. Ready for work sir!

Ce message me dit quelque chose
    En tout cas nous aussi nous sommes heureux de commencer l'aventure ArcheAge en Europe.

i cant wait to play in NA server.

Nice to see a forum and words of progression here! Can't wait to get into ArcheAge EU !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast