+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Exploits and you: A community guide to what goes, and what doesn’t [UPDATED 10/12/16]

1.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #11
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsuro View Post
    Steps were taken to deem that not an exploit, and just an unintended game mechanic. Your new definition now clearly points to it being an exploit, not just unintended mechanics. So now we just have to ignore all past exploits labeled unintended mechanics up until you guys decided this is the definition of what an exploit is? To point this out. The fix in code was to add yet another exploit. To allow the guild leader the ability to gain infinite infamy without ever being kicked from faction until after they lose the castle. So can I get you to confirm that its not an exploit to boot everyone from my guild and gain 10k+ infamy without going pirate?
    To answer your second question first, we will allow something of that nature. That was a deliberate change in the code, and it is the current solution to prevent the castle exploit. Because of that, you may kick everyone from your guild, remain leader, and then rack up the infamy points. Again, we and XL may further work on that particular issue down the line.

Secondly, I cannot speak for what I was not present for. While the original castle exploit was very unfortunate, it has been fixed in the code. The decision that was made at that time will stand. However, please know that we as a team have a united decision on any additional exploits or unintended situations going forward, and we will do our best to make sure that we remain communicative when these things happen and that we apply punishments fairly and consistently when needed. I know that this does not fix the past, nor does it fix what happened regarding the castle exploit. But we have learned from that, and want to do right by you and other players going forward.
    Seraphina "Celestrata" Brennan
    Associate Producer, ArcheAge
    Scheherazade -- Future Nui Character

Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Visit the website for the latest news
    | Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata View Post
    To answer your second question first, we will allow something of that nature. That was a deliberate change in the code, and it is the current solution to prevent the castle exploit. Because of that, you may kick everyone from your guild, remain leader, and then rack up the infamy points. Again, we and XL may further work on that particular issue down the line.

Secondly, I cannot speak for what I was not present for. While the original castle exploit was very unfortunate, it has been fixed in the code. The decision that was made at that time will stand. However, please know that we as a team have a united decision on any additional exploits or unintended situations going forward, and we will do our best to make sure that we remain communicative when these things happen and that we apply punishments fairly and consistently when needed. I know that this does not fix the past, nor does it fix what happened regarding the castle exploit. But we have learned from that, and want to do right by you and other players going forward.
    So I've recently stumbled upon a new regrade "exploit" and some other things. I have tried contacting your support about possible rewards for turning over the information but they're pretty uncooperative. I am guessing this is not allowed though?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote Originally Posted by Northrop View Post
    So I've recently stumbled upon a new regrade "exploit" and some other things. I have tried contacting your support about possible rewards for turning over the information but they're pretty uncooperative. I am guessing this is not allowed though?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    So it sounds like you are attempting to blackmail them for the "exploit" you found?

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity View Post
    So it sounds like you are attempting to blackmail them for the "exploit" you found?
    Who do you think was using the last one ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) those "64" people they banned were actually about 4 people that were using the 64 accounts.

I'm just saying they can get ahead of the curve on this one with the right nudge.

Who do you think was using the last one ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) those "64" people they banned were actually about 4 people that were using the 64 accounts.

I'm just saying they can get ahead of the curve on this one with the right nudge.
    Attempting to solicit compensation for a bug shows you really don't care about the game. So just get banned for using it like everyone else will when someone else figures it out. I doubt it even exists

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    pls give me attention every1 im an elite hacker :^ )

Quote Originally Posted by zrg View Post
    pls give me attention every1 im an elite hacker :^ )
    Ight, I gotcha guys ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Could you shed some light on the Growlgate Tower/Wall issue. There is a cage in the Growlgate Tower, that upon falling into, the player is awarded with an exploration achievement. If you turn around and go further down your character drops down into the tower walls and you are able to target people on the outside of the tower from the inside of the wall while taking minimal return damage. I am sure this was discovered unintentionally but it has been used to combat people LOS'ing Morpheus as often times members of the enemy raid are concentrated far from Morpheus's range.

Will you be implementing a fix for this in the future (hopefully you do) ? Is this considered an "OK" exploit of sorts, along the same lines as LOS issues with Morpheus and Hanure?
    Jetblack
    NaCl - Kyrios
    Spicy - Reckoning

Celestrata has obviously never seen 10-20 people dropped in a second by 1 initiator and 1 mage due to animation canceling lawl

Using more account to "Ignore" destruction prevention charm/divine gift coin limit. Does it intended or exploit?
    If you had more accounts (or other user share his/her login information) you can use destruction prevention charms in same item. So. If you spend more real money you have higher chance to get epic or better items (14 account is quasi 100% upgrade to epic). If you have normal PAYING/patron user (1 account) you have low chance to get epic-mythic (~0%, high break chances).
    Ok This event finished, but give a safe 100% to the big paying user and ultralow chance in normal patron game mode is not fair play.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast