+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Error 1005 and Downloads restarting

Error 1005 and Downloads restarting

Hi,
    Since yesterday i've downloaded the game 5 times completely And every time the same problem happens.
    Once the game finishes downloading, i get a 1005 error and the game restarts downloading.

I've tried every solution people have put on these forums but none of them work.
    Actually one of the problems is that the game does not seem to actually really download anywhere,
    or gets deleted as soon as the download is finished.

Every time the download is finished, i check the game folders and there is never more than a few hundred MB yet my Bandwith
    Control panel clearly shows i've download 22G every time. I did complete PC scans to see if it was somewhere else but it is not.

Any ideas?

Hey Chaosdragon,

Try some of these possible fixes:

1: Delete the Glyph AppData folder
    The Glyph AppData folder contains several files that can get in a stuck state and cause the client to no longer authorize your login. Follow the steps below to delete this folder.

Navigate to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local.
    Delete the entire Glyph folder.
    Attempt to re-run Glyph.

2. Trying downloading the game into a different location, to do this right click archeage in your glyph client and click settings, you should be able to change the name.

3. Contact support team, and tell them everything you've tried so far, so you don't get the same response.

thanks Scorpion,
    but i've already tried all of that.

guess ill send them a support ticket.

Thanks

You may also try creating a new account and give it administrator access , then try downloading and installing glyph and archeage from that account. I was able to successfully download it that way . Oh yeah , it pretty much HAS to be to C: drive to work as well . On Windows 8.1 Update 1 x64 , Glyph wouldn't run properly or download anything or patch or anything really , unless it was in the default folder in C:

Fix error #1005

Hello

If you get the error # 1005 what you have to do to fix it. The solution that has worked for us is:

1) Select the "Beta" folder where the game is installed.
    C: \ Program Files \ Glyph \ Games \ ArcheAge \ Beta

2) Right click and You select properties.

3) In the "General" tab you take away the "read only" and aplicáis to all folders and subfolders.

4) After the launcher Glyph commandments and you complete the upgrade successfully.

I hope that this solution will work.

Sorry for my bad English I'm Spanish.

_______

Arreglar error #1005

Hola

Para los que tenéis el error #1005 tenéis cuando vais a aplicar el parche. La solución que nos ha funcionado es:

1º Seleccionar la carpeta “Beta” donde está instalado el juego.
    C:\Archivos de Programas\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Beta

2º Clic derecho y seleccionáis propiedades.

3º En la pestaña “general” descamarais la opción de “solo lectura” y lo aplicáis a todas las carpetas y subcarpetas.

4º Después ejecutáis el launcher del Glyph y la actualización se completara con éxito.

Espero que esta solución os funcione.

Quote Originally Posted by TERMICO View Post
    Fix error #1005

Hello

If you get the error # 1005 what you have to do to fix it. The solution that has worked for us is:

1) Select the "Beta" folder where the game is installed.
    C: \ Program Files \ Glyph \ Games \ ArcheAge \ Beta

2) Right click and You select properties.

3) In the "General" tab you take away the "read only" and aplicáis to all folders and subfolders.

4) After the launcher Glyph commandments and you complete the upgrade successfully.

I hope that this solution will work.

Sorry for my bad English I'm Spanish.

Thank you for the tip, but it didn't help me Still same error..

I got it working yesturday. All i had to do was set it to install to the default path on C: Drive instead of another place.......

I suggest you try the same. Worked for me and a few others

Chaos, already did, installed into C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph but still same problem..

Belquerst , you may be having the same issue I was having . ( IF you are running Windows 8 or higher ).

Create a new user account , and give it administrator ( not standard user ).
    Log into the new admin account and install Glyph to the default location. Right click Glyph , properties. compatability , make sure you select for all users . Run as Administrator and for Windows 7.
    Run Glyph , make sure in the upper right to select your regions Beta.
    Let it download the game again.
    Then if you want the game on a different drive , you can copy the ENTIRE Glyph folder there and run it from there . BUT , if there is another patch , you would need to copy the ENTIRE Glyph folder BACK to the original location or it WILL delete the main data file ( 20 Gb ), forcing you to redownload the whole game again.

Thanks Isoz, already tried that too, I'm running Windows 7.. my main problem is #1026 error..

I'll go cry I guess.. in 15 years never had problem like that, tried many games, was in many betas.. but this is the first time I really think that I won't try it..

+ Reply to Thread