View Poll Results: Do you want subscribtion based server in archage, with no marketplace, or just cosmetic items in it?

Voters
206. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

168 81.55%
  • No. (idk why anyone would press it as they just can play on f2p server if they dont like it)

38 18.45%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 93 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Possible measures for ArcheAge's health & future.

Possible measures for ArcheAge's health & future.

Pre-face of my intentions

I have no intention of furthering the degradation of TRION’s name in the eyes of the community. My entire intention is based around gathering information in order to use it in a means that helps in furthering the longevity of ArcheAge. I personally feel, like many others, that ArcheAge is a great game that has been handled badly and the only way to resolve this issue is to work with those in-charge.

Many companies suffer from an ivory tower syndrome which makes them all but blind and deaf to the issues that people on the ground floor are experiencing. I doubt this is entirely the case with Trion but I believe that more information and discussion helps highlight these issues and bring around a resolution, one way or the other.

There are 3 outcomes here.
    Outcome 1 - TRION implement some of the recommendations made in this thread thus restoring some player faith in their business.

Outcome 2 - TRION fail to take heed of any of the recommendations in this thread through ignorance and a willful desire to continue their cash-gouging from loyal community members.

Outcome 3 - TRION fail to convince XLGames to implement any of the recommendations in this thread which in turn means they themselves incompetently negotiated a contract with another company that opened them up to so much ridicule and destroyed the half-decent name they once had.

Obviously the above will take some time to come to fruition and there will be a lot of cross-over between Outcome 2 or 3 but either of those mean a complete lack of respect and a disregard for their player base.

The consequences of the past year...

Many people continue to repeat the same thing - "ArcheAge is a great game, its destroyed by the cash-shop and decisions being taken by TRION" - This is repeated over and over. ArcheAge recently lost some of its most popular streamers and things continue to spiral downwards.

Trion is trying to launch Devilian also, but after looking at their forums and social media outlets all I can say is it is an absolute abysmal showing right now, no one wants to know. Their twitter follower count has been on 470 for over a week now.

Essentially when we get down to it the launch of ArcheAge and subsequent handling of the game has destroyed so much faith in TRION that it will be very hard for them to come back from this without sweeping changes to their operation methods. People see TRION as a company that simply wants to make money as much as possible and to hell with their community - this is backed up by any mention of TRION on any website. You only need to do a google search of "MMORPG.com TRION" and look at the first articles

This is a TROVE article - http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...4/feature/9874

Within the first few comments you get

Volgore writes:
    No matter how matter "reasons to play" you bring up, all it takes is just one reason to not play it: Trion.
    Continue and you get ...

Spoiler:

Lets move over to Devilian - http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...on-MMORPG.html

Spoiler:

And it continues.

Onto ArcheAge - http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572

Spoiler:

and on and on and on and on...

As you can see, this has been a huge blow to TRION, a year or so ago the feedback on any TRION game would have been completely different.

I wish to gauge the community's response to the issues facing TRION - Particularly the following questions.

Do you trust TRION? http://strawpoll.me/5007301

Would you play another TRION product? http://strawpoll.me/5007307

The problems

As the above quotes show quite plainly, the biggest issue people are at odds with is the cash-shop and how punishing the game is if you don’t drop some money on it, even if you are a Patron.

Archeum is a huge issue within the game that has been “fixed” multiple times but with nothing getting any better. This issue has also been compounded by the continual Archeum RNG box being in the shop.

The RNG boxes are another issue that I personally found to be game-breaking and were the main reason for me leaving, particularly the rumbling sappling boxes - shortly after their implementation I left the game.

Green/Blue/Yellow/Superior Yellow regrade charms only being seeded through the cash-shop. There is no in-game means to access these items.

Punishing game-play experience, from this I take it that people mean the RNG rolls on various items-
    RNG on creating gear
    RNG on upgrading gear
    RNG on upgrading ships
    RNG on upgrading gliders

Normalisation - This is another huge issue that has been widely ignored by TRION. The normalisation destroyed a lot of gear that took quite some time to gain, the Kraken Glider is a perfect example here.

Bots - obviously an issue that not much can be said about.

In-game Hacks - specifically the land-hacks that were prolific in the early stages of the game that destroyed a lot of people's ability to own land.

Future Problems

While the above are issues that are affecting the game currently, some more than others, the new servers that are about to be launched will face some additional issues.

APEX transfer - Some people will use their amassed wealth on the current servers in order to buy APEX then use the credits gained via those APEX on the new servers resulting in an entirely new generation of P2W.

Cash shop instant build farm - Lunar Scarecrows require nothing to be built, you simply drop it down and you have an insta farm thereby circumventing the controls put in place to counter the land-hoarding issue. Yet another pay 2 win issue that the new servers will face.

A possible solution

Now I understand that no one in the community understands the specifics behind the contract between XLGames and TRION so in order for this to happen both parties are going to need to be lobbied but more on that later.

Please be aware that the changes I submit in this thread are simply changes I feel would make ArcheAge a far more enjoyable game, would make the RNG aspects less punishing and bring more retention to current players and the chance of others returning. With the Patron system being in place TRION are already making money from the game.

I believe the key here is the Loyalty Token system.
    Non-Patron - 3 Loyalty per day
    Patron - 10 Loyalty per day

Remove Archeum Supply Crate from the credit store and add to the loyalty store for 30 Loyalty Tokens.

Remove Green/Blue/Yellow/Superior Yellow Regrade charms from the credit store and add to the loyalty store for 15/20/40/80 loyalty tokens respectively.

Add Yellow/Superior Yellow Regrade charms to all boss mob drop tables.

Remove Tempering Flux: Weapon & Tempering Flux: Armor from the credit store and add to the loyalty store for 20/15 loyalty tokens respectively.

Remove Lunar Scarecrow Farm Design from the credit store and add to the loyalty store for 140 loyalty tokens.

Remove all cosmetic items from the loyalty store and add an RNG equivalent that contains a chance to drop one of the cosmetic items for 100 Loyalty tokens and place all cosmetic items in the credit store without the RNG aspect.

Reduce the cost of all the following loyalty store items by 50%
    Superior Tempering Burnish 40>20
    Sunpoint 10 > 5
    Moonpoint 10 > 5
    Starpoint 10>5
    Lucky Sunpoint 50>25
    Lucky Starpoint 50>25
    Lucky Moonpoint 50>25

Reduce the cost of all the following loyalty store items by 30%
    Enchanced Skywhisper Glider 450 > 315
    Soulmare 350>315
    Celestial Pegasus 625 > 440 (rounded)
    Miraculous Hostility Lunafrost 150>105
    Miraculous Tracker Lunafrost 150>105
    Miraculous Transcendent Lunafrost 150>105
    Miraculous Love Lunafrost 150>105
    Miraculous Fortitude Lunafrost 150>105
    Miraculous Distorted Lunafrost 150>105
    Miraculous Giant Lunafrost 150>105
    Miraculous Elemental Lunafrost 150>105

Increase the drop chance of all Archeum by 100%

Revert normalization changes for any drop seeded into the world via boss kills.

XL v TRION

This is the crux of the issue. Over the past few months we have been given the line that “we will feedback to XLGames” but we have no idea what kind of influence TRION has over this game so we need to make our voices heard by both parties here.

We can be kept in limbo without really knowing exactly where the issue is and whether its TRION that is simply holding back because they want to make as much money or whether it really is XLGames digging their feet in because they take back a percentage of the revenue made by the game.

It is also far easier for XLGames to dismiss what we are saying about ArcheAge since they don’t have to deal with us directly, so lets change that.

I personally will be sending written letters as well as emails if you wish to do the same then here is the contact information you require

http://www.trionworlds.com/en/about/
    http://company.xlgames.com/en/contact

Pre-Generated Email:

Dear Trion/XLGames,

As a player of ArcheAge I am not satisfied with the current state of the game. I believe that ArcheAge could be in a far healthier position if changes were made that rebalanced the monetization of the game.

I understand that a lot of effort and resources have gone into the development and maintenance of the game and I feel that if a balance was found that ArcheAge could go on to have a very healthy future.

I feel everyone in the community wishes ArcheAge to be a success and keeping our community satisfied with the game and its publisher is a key-part of ensuring that it achieves this success, whether that success be measured financially or through the reputation of TRION and XLGames as companies.

Sincerely,
    ####

Conclusion

Nothing will change unless we as a community usher those changes in. For this to work it means those of you interested in change need to respond and take 2 minutes out of your busy schedule to send an email.

I am under no illusion that this may fall on deaf ears but at least we as a community can say we tried.

Trion - if these changes were implemented with the additional servers coming at the end of the year it may be the case that you will have to open more servers. If these changes were implemented then I would come back.

As a final request - Please if you have read this thread and no longer play will the changes specified bring you back? - http://strawpoll.me/5008365

Thank you to all those who took the time to read this thread.

Kind Regards,
    Aneu / Dean.

Honestly with the way people complain about the game you would of thought it would have BEEN failed.

But so far, despite its multitude of problems its still here. despite stiff mMO competition when it launched like Wildstar and ESO. Both of which had multitudes of problems in their own right.

There's a lot Trion can do to fix things, but lets face it Aneu. They could turn everything around and do stuff perfectly TOMORROW and there'd still be a contigent that would complain and espouse the downfall of Trion.

Problem is this community cant even agree on what needs to be changed and how. We seemingly only give vague clues and hints or just want stuff to change to suit us personally at the expense of the game and others. Sadly a lot of us cant see beyond our own issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Empyreus View Post
    Honestly with the way people complain about the game you would of thought it would have BEEN failed.

But so far, despite its multitude of problems its still here. despite stiff mMO competition when it launched like Wildstar and ESO. Both of which had multitudes of problems in their own right.

There's a lot Trion can do to fix things, but lets face it Aneu. They could turn everything around and do stuff perfectly TOMORROW and there'd still be a contigent that would complain and espouse the downfall of Trion.

Problem is this community cant even agree on what needs to be changed and how. We seemingly only give vague clues and hints or just want stuff to change to suit us personally at the expense of the game and others. Sadly a lot of us cant see beyond our own issues.
    I absolutely agree that there is an element of MMO communities that are simply never happy. It happens in every game but I've tried to take an objective approach to this from both angles (a community member playing for fun and a business trying to make profit) and I believe that these changes would add longevity to the game and also reduce a lot of the stresses people feel while playing and being punished by the RNG machine.

+1 for your solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Empyreus View Post

If one is pessimistic about making the game better managed then there's no chance it'll ever get better. If you provide solutions and debate on this topic, then there is a chance. There will always be people complaining, but if Trion managed this well the amount of people complaining would significantly drop, I feel.

Your solution is to essentially turn the game from a cash shop p2w fest into a sub game with loyalty tokens. They'll never agree to that. They bought the rights to publish the game. Which means they're in it to suck as much money as they can from the existing product because they have no idea (or, really, say) as to what the product will be post "current korean patch". Which is why you see them trying to milk the players as much as possible.

But hey, for the fun of it, should your idea be considered, I'd keep all the cosmetic ♥♥♥♥ on the marketplace. Most MMOs currently running with a decent dual system are making enough money to go by, without alienating their playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Yevgeni View Post
    Your solution is to essentially turn the game from a cash shop p2w fest into a sub game with loyalty tokens. They'll never agree to that. They bought the rights to publish the game. Which means they're in it to suck as much money as they can from the existing product because they have no idea (or, really, say) as to what the product will be post "current korean patch". Which is why you see them trying to milk the players as much as possible.

But hey, for the fun of it, should your idea be considered, I'd keep all the cosmetic ♥♥♥♥ on the marketplace. Most MMOs currently running with a decent dual system are making enough money to go by, without alienating their playerbase.
    Remove all cosmetic items from the loyalty store and add an RNG equivalent that contains a chance to drop one of the cosmetic items for 100 Loyalty tokens and place all cosmetic items in the credit store without the RNG aspect.
    This allows people to buy all the cosmetics for cash straight off - without going through the RNG gauntlet. The RNG gauntlet is added to the free loyalty token store and since its free it makes more sense. This way TRION makes money off the cosmetic stuff, plus the convenience and other items such as labour potions, tax certs and whatnot.

The money is still there but there is less emphasis on pushing the community away from the game which gives some inkling towards longevity.

Great post, voted and +1 for your efforts!

I would probably keep playing the game if these changes were made- I like the loyalty part, and AA would be much better with only a loyalty shop and no cash shop.
    Tryphon - Lvl 55 Darkrunner - Tahyang

I see they made you edit it... lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 93 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast