+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: RNG crafting

Quote Originally Posted by Koone View Post
    Just imagine the crush on market...
    RNG is not that bad.
    At least from my crafting experience, for every 10 Illustrious crafted item, at least 4-5 will be Ocean (for Cloth) and the rest you reforge into Illustrious Ocean.
    In the end, from 10 Sealed illustrious item I get 6-7 that goes to Magnificent.
    THe real RNG goes in Sealed Magnificent. Here, from 6-7 Sealed Magnificent, only 1-2 goes to Epherium.
    Koone, fwiw, your luck has been insanely good but very much anecdotal.

Mathimatically speaking, if you make 10 Illustrious, 2 or 3 should be upgradable to Mag and you either sell the others or spitball them 3:1 into upgradables, so you end up with 4 or 5 that are upgradable to Mag and make them.

Of those 4 or 5, on average, about 1, should be procable to Epher, so you sell the others or spitball them into another change at Epher.

If you get one, you are probably average. If you get less, you are kinda unlucky. If you get more you are very lucky.

Taking a Dagger for example, each Illustrious Sealed is going to cost you ~400g (depending on your server), so you are 4,000g into making 10 Illustrious.

From that batch if you get 4 to upgrade to Magnificent it's going to cost you 4x 400g to push them to Mag, so now you are 5,400g invested.

Of those you get 3 off brand and 1 upgradable. If you can sell those 3 for cost you reduce your investment by 2,400g, so you are at 3k invested.

Then you push that version to Epher for another ~1,600g and hope you get the Epher flavor you need (1 in 6 chance, right?)

Or you can eat the 2,400g on the 3 mags and spitball them into another roll, for a chance to be 4,000g invested into a 2nd Epherium.

This all constitutes about 18,000 labor less your proficiency discount, so roughly a weeks worth of Patron labor.

Who's the ♥♥♥♥ wad telling everybody to just have better RNG? Maybe you should just go play in traffic instead. I had to craft over 50 items before even one went epherium. In case you're too stupid to understand, it's not something anybody has control over.
    Aria - Pirate

The problem has always been that you cannot sell it if its not upgradeable. The existance of PVE welfare sets means no one is going to spend money on anything but the very best crafted gear. Its been like this since they released Hasla weapons that were equivalent to Eph. This has only been somewhat reduced by the need for salvaged pieces. The fact remains, anything thats not upgradeable is virtually worthless and a complete loss to the crafter. At the time i stopped playing, magnificent lake plate/cloth pieces were going for less than 40g per. 1 piece of Eph lake was about 750 and 1 piece of Delph lake was around 9000g. If it turned out some other craptastic prefix at epherium lvl, you couldnt even get 100g for it. The whole system is beyond broken, but its way more exacerbated by the fact that scrubs can "get by" in dungeon welfare gear. If at least they were forced to buy crafter made items for any content post 40, then the market would be way less ♥♥♥♥ed up than it currently is.

Quote Originally Posted by Frammallamadingdong View Post
    The problem has always been that you cannot sell it if its not upgradeable.
    The only mechanic that helped to combat this was obsidian gear.(As you stated). This is why RNG on crafting isnt actually that bad! People need Illustrious, Epherium and Delph gear. The only weak spot is Magnificent because it's demand is the lowest due to only needing 1 for an obsidian piece. The demand for most tiers is pretty good on my server cluster (Aranzeb/kryios/naima).

My recommendation to take 3 mags = 100% epherium is only 1 way to look at it. If Obsidian (Or a new type of gear) were to require multiple Mag level items, then the market for mag items would be healthy enough so that people could buy/sell with out burning a ton of gold.

RNG for crafts isnt too bad right now but it definitely takes a while to do things the responsible way (Selling each failed roll, instead of salvaging it and reforging). ALTHOUGH! i have 180k tailoring on 1 character and 90k tailoring on another, and i still have only ever crafted 1 delph piece of armor. 1.

Just to take my last 2 crafts: Cloth Hood and Cloth Shirt.
    Every time I start with 10 crafts and go to Illustrious.
    For Hood:
    - 5 Illustrious Ocean and the rest salvaged and reforge;
    - 2 Magnificent Ocean and the rest salvaged and sold on AH;
    - 1 Epherium Ocean and 1 Epherium Stone.
    For Shirt:
    - 4 Illustrious Ocean and the rest salvaged and reforge;
    - 2 Magnificent Ocean and the rest salvaged and sold in AH;
    - 1 Epherium Ocean and 1 Epherium Earth.

For Epherium Shirt Ocean and Earth I was tring to sell them on AH and on my server, but with no luck. Nobody wants them. For days I was sell them for 3000g each, but with no luck. Everybody wants to buy them for 1500-2000g. After more then a week and a lot of fees payed to AH, I manage to sell the Epherium Earth Shirt for 3500g in AH.
    The Epherium Ocean Shirt was on sell from 1 more week or so, but nobody wants it for 3000g. Finally I salvage it and made a T4 Obsidian Shirt.

A friend of mine crafted leather items, same as me, 10 Illustrious in one batch. From 2 batches of 10 Illustrious he got 0 to Epherium.

RNG is RNG and can't be all down to numbers and %. RNG is luck.

Another situation of what RNG means is when I try to regrade my Scepter and Shield beyond Unique. I tried 6 times with Respl. Scroll and Red Charm on Scepter. All failed and de-graded to Arcane. When I was out of gold, scrolls and red charms, I did one more try: normal scroll + yellow charm (600 credits charm) and I had succes to Celestial.
    After that I did Obsidian Shield, Flute, Bow, 5 x Obsidian Cloth pieces and 5 x Accesory all to Celestial, by just using normal scroll + yellow charm. Surprise: on all of them I had success on first try to Celestial (except Obsidian Shield on 2nd try).
    So from 14 items, 13 went Celestial on 1st try and 1 went Celestial on 2nd try, only by using normal scroll + yellow charm.

So how is RNG working? is just RNG...

:-) lucky guy

you need 16 illustrious usually to get one thats upgradeable to Eph.
    Actually, statistically speaking, you need 8.

One in four illustrious goes magnificent, which leaves you three illustrious. Combine using salvaging to get a second that is guaranteed to be upgradeable. Do that again with another four illustrious and you have four magnificent.

Also, there are only 7 possibilities at epherium and delphinad, not the 8 that you claim. That means that in reality, you need 392 illustrious on average for an item that is able to be upgraded to Ayanad. A far cry from your mathematically proven, and I quote "1000 ♥♥♥♥ing illustrious to get 1 delph thats upgradeable to ayan(sic)"

Are you a little upset that something that reminds you of the ♥♥♥♥ that comes out of your ♥♥♥ (as you so eloquently put it) is smarter than you?

The problem has always been that you cannot sell it if its not upgradeable. The existance of PVE welfare sets means no one is going to spend money on anything but the very best crafted gear. Its been like this since they released Hasla weapons that were equivalent to Eph. This has only been somewhat reduced by the need for salvaged pieces. The fact remains, anything thats not upgradeable is virtually worthless and a complete loss to the crafter. At the time i stopped playing, magnificent lake plate/cloth pieces were going for less than 40g per. 1 piece of Eph lake was about 750 and 1 piece of Delph lake was around 9000g. If it turned out some other craptastic prefix at epherium lvl, you couldnt even get 100g for it. The whole system is beyond broken, but its way more exacerbated by the fact that scrubs can "get by" in dungeon welfare gear. If at least they were forced to buy crafter made items for any content post 40, then the market would be way less ♥♥♥♥ed up than it currently is.
    Your point about PvE items absolutely prison-♥♥♥♥♥♥ the value of crafting is spot on. Along with the cash shop, those Hasla items and GHA armor did more to wrecking-shot the 'player based economy' than even the inflation of archeum.

However, with the rise of Obsidian items the nominal value of Illustrious/Magnificent/Epherium items has risen for items that are inputs to Obsidian.

Quote Originally Posted by Koone View Post
    Just to take my last 2 crafts: Cloth Hood and Cloth Shirt.
    Every time I start with 10 crafts and go to Illustrious.
    For Hood:
    - 5 Illustrious Ocean and the rest salvaged and reforge;
    - 2 Magnificent Ocean and the rest salvaged and sold on AH;
    - 1 Epherium Ocean and 1 Epherium Stone.
    This is actually a pretty great troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnocchio View Post
    This is actually a pretty great troll.

This is the truth. No reason to troll.
    Yesterday I crafted an Illustrious Katana. When I un-sealed it...Illustrious Sky Katana.

Comparing to some peoples I play with, I was lucky, but in some cases, I know someone who was more "lucky" than me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast