+ Reply to Thread
Page 250 of 250 FirstFirst ... 150 200 240 248 249 250
Results 2,491 to 2,494 of 2494

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Archers Unite

Focus gems are grandfathered in Korea till at least 4.0+

Quote Originally Posted by Nodoze View Post
    All very good points and you may well be right.

I believe they said explicitly that 100 pDef gems were not getting converted to 85 pDefs but that if the were not socketed or ever became unsocketed the 100 pDef gems would be inert/unusable. I agree it is confusing and frustrating. I posted the specific question regarding what happened with Focus in Kora to both omnom and to a few friends and will report back if I get any feedback.

Even if we did get Grandfathered at first there is no guarantee that they wouldn't get changed at some point.

Worst case you should be on par with future weapons...

Also note that, as long as the SS or dagger is T6 or below, you don't have to use your honor but instead can buy honor from folk that want gold...
    The answer I recieved from Mark at omnom indicates that you should slot your Focus NOW and that Focus gems ARE grandfathered currently in Korea:

Mark July 27, 2017: "If you slot before the patch hits, then you keep your gems and the values stay the same as before the patch. So, if you slot right now with 285 Focus gems, you’ll have 285 Focus gems in your weapon post-3.7 as well. "

Worst case, at some point post 4.0, they may get re-adjusted to be like non-grandfathered but you should have greater values till at least 4.0...
    Volunteer editor of the Community 'Complete Healer Guide Continued ...'
    Volunteer admin of the List of the Server's top Weapons;
    Volunteer admin of the Nazar Server Guild List;
    GM of the family friendly guild <Creepers Gonna Creep>

I'm a Stone Arrow. As of today and upcoming updates, what is recommended for me as a melee weapon? A Dagger or a Shortspear? (Keep in mind I have a shield on other hand)

Thanks in advance!
    kwart
    Europe Dahuta
    From Malta

Quote Originally Posted by kwart View Post
    I'm a Stone Arrow. As of today and upcoming updates, what is recommended for me as a melee weapon? A Dagger or a Shortspear? (Keep in mind I have a shield on other hand)

Thanks in advance!
    If you can only afford one, short spear for bigger cheer's. Really though you should have both. So you can be shortspear/dagger when possible, shortspear/shield or dagger/shield depending on your situation.

Quote Originally Posted by kwart View Post

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwardo View Post
    If you can only afford one, short spear for bigger cheer's. Really though you should have both. So you can be shortspear/dagger when possible, shortspear/shield or dagger/shield depending on your situation.
    I agree if your mainhand progression is at T6 and below.

If your gear progression is such that your shortspear is T7 your crit is the same on both SS and dagger at T7 so there is no advantage from a base weapon perspective swapping from ShortSpear to Dagger. You end up gaining a slight buff to your basic Toxic Shot but lose the chance to inflict the Feral Mark effect and your main Healing Power which is a bad trade off. The exception would be if you really want to swap gems around for a given fight but even then it would be hard to justify losing all your Healing and Feral Mark.

Personally during the regrade event for my Archer alt I acquired a Divine Gale belt to Zeal gem and both an Epic ShortSpear and Divine dagger that I am trying to get full Focus gemmed (by buying gems) before 3.7 drops to try to grandfather a max Focus set. After 3.7 I will likely at least do a full Ranged Crit Divine/Epic T5/T6 Dagger to swap around with. Since he is an alt I am not sure I will ever T7 a melee weapon on my Archer and regardless, even if I had the gold for a T7, that is irrelevant for 3.7 as there is no way I will have enough honor to fully gem a Bind on Aquire T7 myself on that alt before then.

Going into 3.7 I personally like the idea of as good of a full Focus ShortSpear (T6/T7 if possible) as you can afford as your main weapon. I like the idea that Full Focus ShortSpear can be fully leveraged in Archer main-specs and in Melee off-specs and can allow for decent Healing off-specs as well (as well as Healing Hybrids like Oracle Archer and Argent Melee). Unfortunately with gems getting more and more spec specific it is getting harder and harder to build flexible gear and that is the best I could come up with considering all the options...
    Volunteer editor of the Community 'Complete Healer Guide Continued ...'
    Volunteer admin of the List of the Server's top Weapons;
    Volunteer admin of the Nazar Server Guild List;
    GM of the family friendly guild <Creepers Gonna Creep>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 250 of 250 FirstFirst ... 150 200 240 248 249 250