+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 261 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Archers Unite

Archers Unite

Welcome to the Archers Unite Thread !

Join us in our quest to better understand everything about archery

If you want to learn everything about archery: Mechanics, Builds, Gearing, PVP Play,...

This is the place to be!

Feel free to ask anything you want to know about archery
    YOUR questions WILL be answered as our merry band of archer fanatics like to share there thought and pass on there knowledge and experience.

Keep it nice, keep it friendly, keep it constructive, keep it Archery !

Your friendly neighbourhood archer,

Tetrax

First thing i want to clarify, and which im sure some of you are not aware of.

FERAL MARK and use of Obsidian shortspear v2.

there are good reasons why every archer should get an obsidian shortspear v2 (yes even primevals)

- FERAL MARK: you may think this buff sucks, why? because the skills that activate it require you to stand still. As an archer this is not rly an option ofcourse because standing still = death

This is where the obsidian shortspear V2 for archers comes in.
    It has a chance to proc feral mark on any ranged attack. to my experience this happens quite a lot. BUT what does it do exactly you may wonder.

Now, what it does when it procs is apply feral aura on your target. The moment feral aura is activated it works like PUNCTURE. This debuff stacks and can do that up to approximately 1.3-1.5 k pdef penetration. This ofcourse can give a serious damage boost. On top of that when your stacks reach 30 it also TRIPS your oponent + it does feral blast which is extra damage. Stacking this with endless arrows is not that hard, esp as a prime.

- PUNCTURE passive: PPl say it only procs on melee skills BUT as i do quite a lot of arena, i've had it proc on charged bolt for certain, i think i have seen it proc on stalkers too and piercing shot altho im not 100% sure. Sadly it is very rare that it procs on a ranged skill. On the other hand if it procs on overwhelm, shadowsmite, shield slam, bullrush it gives a pretty good damage bonus

I hope this first bit of information clarified things on the feral mark debuff and use of obsidian shortspear v2

Now go and get it!!

The class i play is mainly Stone Arrow,
    I am happy to share my builds with you guys.

I do mostly 1v1 arena, this spec is pretty solid for me and have come to this after doing a lot of testing in 1v1.

http://archeage.earlygame.net/builds...3/8a2jzhbCS721

I decided to use last passive of sp instead of shield of steel cz i have plenty of def alr. I must say the cd makes a big diff for me in arena since cd is way lower, you can always switch to shield of steel if you feel the need for more defense ofc.

Open world pvp spec:

http://archeage.earlygame.net/builds...3/80tAzB713pH1

Honestly i dont do that much open world, but i came up with this build considering im playing in a group, being able to defen them, hold enemies off, using imprison on me and guildies to give time to heal up and recover and also being able to use snipe through it to split up enemies group i was also considering bastion might be better for open world havent tried it yet.

Please share your thoughts thx

http://archeage.earlygame.net/builds...0/jTCj8yxjtvl1

This is my druid build. It is not very mobile but it is EXTREMELY hard to kill. I forgo the Invuln for the utility of bull rush. When fighting another healer class or defense class you need to cycle the mirrors light and bull rush to keep them from healing. Keep resurgance running for a constant 200+ hp a tick. Try and save your mettle for your Revitializing cheer, don't waste it on bullrush.

This build requires a pretty heavy investment into gear. You need enough hp (21+k) + 1900+ toughness and enough resilience to absorb the spike of other dps classes. You need a healing spear for the feral buff and enough heal power to save yourself. So at least a t4 spear. You need a decent shield with enough pdef to get you up near 5k pdef, and enough gems and gear to get to 5k mdef. As well you will not have many damage skills so you need a good enough bow that each hit actually hurts. 650 ranged attack seems to be the sweet spot.

The beginning of every arena just before you queue self buff mirrors light for the healing increase, of course pop re-freshen and toughness.

To kill a DR: especially a well geared DR you need to get off redoubt before they leech you. This can be done with good ping or watching for them to stalkers mark you. The second you see that arrow coming for you you redoubt. They will then sleep you, which is fine they can no longer trip you meaning you can pop your revitalizing cheer and then IMMEDIATELY boastful roar them. This has the benefit of nearly healing you to full health and applying the move speed and damage debuff to them without wasting mettle on BR. As they will usually be 100% buffed when they try and spike you to death after leech it is essential you get up to 100% health asap. After a few seconds of out tanking their burst you will see their buff start to fall off. Now bleed them. Don't charged bolt yet a bleed will keep them from stealthing, now you just need to keep near enough to hit them with endless arrows and its game over for the DR.

With witchcraft builds you need to keep your intensity buff up as much as possible, the Auroria bonus piece for this skill helps immensely and is pretty cheap.

This build eats mana, and it eats tonnes of it. Run with archemaster and consider removing Antithesis for Painful recharge if you are adverse to pots in arena.

If anyone cares I could possibly do a bit of a video how to. This class wins me 90% of my arena's and kills leechrunner baddies dead. I personally think it is currently the only halfway viable build for 1v1, I do run a trickster in arena's occasionally as I get bored. Other archer classes are a free win to this build. Mage classes are as well if you can facetank them long enough for them to run out of skills. Really good witch craft players can kill you but it will take them 10 minutes to do it. Same with Abolisher/Blighters. Be scared of 2h high dps builds but you can beat them too. Well geared healer builds (paladin, druid etc) you will want to trade the arena with them as its will be a 10 minute waste of time draw otherwise.

Here are some videos of me prior to upgrading my armor killing some of the better pvpers:
    Vitiate vs Sensou https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5lL8NuaMh4
    Vitiate vs Ryuukomatoi : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeP-ZiaI11s
    Vitiate VS Cryy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlXerVk_bAU

P.S Archer is the WRONG class to roll at this time, if you haven't sunk 1000's of gold into it roll something else.

I'm a Primevil and I'm at that point with the game where I'd sooner quit than spend the time pushing my non-Primevil skills from 50 to 55. It's just terribly grindy and unfun and it was enough work to do it just for 3 skills, no way I'm burning my gaming/leisure time retraining to a new archetype.

When 2.0 hits and they nerf stalkers mark, dropping ranged damage by ~20%, that may be it for me.

Regardless, this is a good thread and the OP has hit on some combat mechs that are potentially critical to Prime's but also horrendously poorly documented by Trion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrax View Post
    First thing i want to clarify, and which im sure some of you are not aware of.

FERAL MARK and use of Obsidian shortspear v2.

there are good reasons why every archer should get an obsidian shortspear v2 (yes even primevals)
    Agreed. I've got a T3 Obsidian shortspear that is just waiting to be pushed to T4 but I'm ♥♥♥♥ blocked by the price of Epher Shortspears :/

- FERAL MARK: you may think this buff sucks, why? because the skills that activate it require you to stand still. As an archer this is not rly an option ofcourse because standing still = death

This is where the obsidian shortspear V2 for archers comes in.
    It has a chance to proc feral mark on any ranged attack. to my experience this happens quite a lot. BUT what does it do exactly you may wonder.

Now, what it does when it procs is apply feral aura on your target. The moment feral aura is activated it works like PUNCTURE. This debuff stacks and can do that up to approximately 1.3-1.5 k pdef penetration. This ofcourse can give a serious damage boost. On top of that when your stacks reach 30 it also TRIPS your oponent + it does feral blast which is extra damage. Stacking this with endless arrows is not that hard, esp as a prime.
    If this is all accurate then it's very good news for archers. The problem is that without extensive testing and player documentation you just can't have a high degree of confidence that this is how it actually works.

None of Trions patch notes talked about Feral Aura lowering the targets physical armor rating.

Here is what we have from the Dread Prophecies patch notes:
    ARCHERY
    •Deadeye: Now grants Feral Mark every 3 seconds.
    •Float: Now instantly grants Feral Mark.
    •Feral Mark: Hitting an enemy while Feral Mark is active now inflicts Feral Overpower on the target.
    •Feral Overpower: 3 second duration, stacks up to 30 times. At 30 stacks, inflicts Overpower Blast. Targets with Overpower Blast take additional damage and are Tripped for 1.5 seconds. Tripped targets gain an 18 second immunity against being Tripped by Overpower Blast.
    Here is the v2 shortspear: http://archeagedatabase.net/us/item/35552/

Combo Effect: Grants ranged attacks that hit a chance to inflict the Feral Mark effect.

So per the data from Trion, the spear allows your ranged attacks to have a chance to grant Feral Mark on yourself. When you have the Feral Mark buff your attacks start to stack Feral Overpower on your target (when they hit). When your target has 30 stacks of Feral Overpower it explodes doing damage and tripping them and the stacks presumably go away as the target gets Overpower Blast.

None of the Trion documentation references Feral Aura or any physical defense eroding debuff.

Do you have any links or player compiled data on this?

To further clarify how Feral aura works ill make some screenshots of the def of a guildie when it applies to him

Thx already guys for the great info, nice to see ppl talk about how they play their classes instead of ppl qqing about damage

KEEP IT UP!!! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnocchio View Post
    None of the Trion documentation references Feral Aura or any physical defense eroding debuff.

Do you have any links or player compiled data on this?
    HERE ARE THE SCREENSHOTS!!

- This is a SS of the Feral Aura Debuff: http://imgur.com/zzyHjCl

- This is a SS of his normal Pdef: http://imgur.com/VmwhLoF

- This is a SS of when the Feral Aura Debuff is applied to him: http://imgur.com/0rxCO92

When we where testing he told me that his Pdef was capped at around 2.8k pdef after feral aura debuff, so thats around 1.1k armor penetration

He did also say that rarely his pdef would go down under 2.5k , once even to 2.2k. This is only for a split second tho and pdef goes up very fast right after.

All in all, if you look at his pdef % damage mitigation it reduced it by approximatly 8% when at 2.8k pdef. This makes a big diff.

Ofcourse it will matter more on classes with less pdef than those with very high defense, even so it does make quite a difference imo.

Hope this makes it clear to every archer out there!!

You can nerf us to poop but we will just throw ♥♥♥♥ at you!!

I was gonna make a separate thread for this question but this seems like a good place to ask it, maybe @Gamemako will show up

Question: Is there too much Move Speed % increase stacking? IE a point where diminishing returns makes it not worth while to add more MS?
    “We view any system that generates value, at a cost to customer happiness, as a broken system that we need to fix.”

Valve On In-Game Economy

Calim[Strike]Naima[/strike] Kraken East Support Archer

Quote Originally Posted by Calim View Post
    You can nerf us to poop but we will just throw ♥♥♥♥ at you!!

I was gonna make a separate thread for this question but this seems like a good place to ask it, maybe @Gamemako will show up

Question: Is there too much Move Speed % increase stacking? IE a point where diminishing returns makes it not worth while to add more MS?
    I'm pretty sure it does not suffer from diminishing returns. every extra % speed is calculated on your base speed. so you can stack as much as you can.

Kk thx

time to get ready to move faster to be in the best possible position to toss my ♥♥♥♥ around.
    “We view any system that generates value, at a cost to customer happiness, as a broken system that we need to fix.”

Valve On In-Game Economy

Calim[Strike]Naima[/strike] Kraken East Support Archer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 261 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast