+ Reply to Thread
Page 234 of 237 FirstFirst ... 134 184 224 232 233 234 235 236 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 2368

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Archers Unite

Quote Originally Posted by Rylee View Post
    Let's say gold isn't really a factor in the following, I've heard lots of things about archery and it being very good in raids right now, there are a few things I'm wondering though

Going as deep as you can onto evasion, I've heard some people say it's worthless and others that say they never get hurt at all, this covers the like, double flame earring, full gem divine gloves, passive... all of it, how do people feel on evasion maxing

I've also heard spend as much on your bow as you do your entire armor set, I totally get this, so if I wanna do full ayanad gale, a legendary ayanad bow is a good idea

Also reading above raises a good point, if gold isn't factor, focus vs crit gems?

When in raids, primetime all the time?
    Evasion stacking is very good, especially as a stone arrow. It's only useless when fighting mages or being tripped into a backstab. Not being tripped is where evasion helps. If they miss that initial debuff, they cant knock u down, not to mention you become quite physical tanky, through kiting and evasion combined. I'll be sitting arundel 45% when my gear is "complete" with a 10% chance to block when I have my shield on too, while being able to heal and kite as well. You become a huge ob noxious wasp when ppl can't kill you fast enough before the rest of the wasp nest shows up.

Gems: not an expert to say
    Bow > full gear. Even after getting an ayanad full resilience chest piece, I hardly feel tankier than before. It's all about avoiding dmg and dosing your opponent. I've been in divine T4/aurora for years now, and compete, not to mention best, ppl in full epic sets of T5+ armor, with a leg costume full of dmg stats, and a leg T7 bow, and only 85/300 points into my migration path-agility, if that helps you decide what to focus on.
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Let's say gold isn't really a factor in the following, I've heard lots of things about archery and it being very good in raids right now, there are a few things I'm wondering though

Going as deep as you can onto evasion, I've heard some people say it's worthless and others that say they never get hurt at all, this covers the like, double flame earring, full gem divine gloves, passive... all of it, how do people feel on evasion maxing

I've also heard spend as much on your bow as you do your entire armor set, I totally get this, so if I wanna do full ayanad gale, a legendary ayanad bow is a good idea

Also reading above raises a good point, if gold isn't factor, focus vs crit gems?

Archers being good in raids is really dependent on your raid, opposition, and your own positioning skills. Same numbers/skill opponents I find its pretty decent. If you are out numbered though and its tough to find a safe spot to be or kite through, it can be rough specially if they have a strong melee train. Generally speaking Prime is the primary raid spec, but with 3.0 sometimes ebonsong, SA always good to have a couple if you doing boat pvp. Really depends on your raid leaders and how open they are to stray from our stale meta.

I do not think there is a right or wrong answer to the evasion question. Depends on your play style and who you are fighting against. Personally I have a lot of evasion, but I dont have evasion boots, do not use squall and I am switching my earring to wave.

IMO invest everything you can into bow and things like costume/underwear/cloak that boost your damage and crit, armor you can skimp on with epherium if you need to.

hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by desenhaumabola View Post
    can you link your gear?
    Sorry I never made it on a site or anything... you can check in EU rankings in Kyprosa server as "Miriya". I have new boots and pants tho (had divine delph gale full gems in both)

Evasion is really nice, but it's often not worth sacrificing other stats over, unless you are constantly dying to archers.
    Melees will mostly get around you and trip you (can't evade when tripped and/or hit from the back) while mages ignore it alltogether... So if you intend to play stone arrow on a physical heavy server it can be great cuz you'll have big block too (avoidances stack additively) and trip immunity. But if enemies have mageball... you should probably use lightning earrings and dps passives instead..
    I personally use lightning earrings and no passive, and I still have 35% evasion without it. You just get evasion naturally from focussing on damage and stacking agility, so don't be worried about this too much, unless you are a big arena player.
    For glove gems, however, there isn't really any better alternative anyway... so go for it

If you had infinite gold... you would still need some focus since it's useless to do 20% bigger crits if you miss them 50% of the time.
    Most of your targets in raid PvP will be 2h users or shield healers.. those will only have 10-20% avoidance, meaning you can negate half or more of it with some focus gems. That effectively increases your realiability and DPS by more than full crit gems will.. But fully gemming focus in dual wield is also not necessary.
    I would say have about 2-3k focus and rest crit gems if possible
    for example 4 focus 3 crit gems per weapon is nice, or 5 focus 2 crit.
    I personally have one wep with crit gems and another with full focus.. but that's only cuz I'm cheap
    Mirijuana
    Member of Nova
    & Founder/Leader of <Aurum>/<Vortex>

Kyprosa New Age Nation
    WTB Epic /Legendary Archer Guards

Hey guys,
    What is a good archer-based class to farm mobs these days? I used to be a trickster few years back, but with witchcraft passive nerffed to the ground in 3.0 i dont think it's viable.
    Are the two mana passives from occ any good? And how hard will it be to solo farm mats for t4 helm/boots/gloves ?

You can get Arcane Desire from GHA and craft Monstrous Desire from it. It has an active that regens mana over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Majro View Post
    You can get Arcane Desire from GHA and craft Monstrous Desire from it. It has an active that regens mana over time.

Thank you, that seems like a very interesting item.
    Do you know how hard is it to solo GHA nowadays as an archer based class? Also, are the bosses can still be glitched in 3.0?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirly View Post
    Thank you, that seems like a very interesting item.
    Do you know how hard is it to solo GHA nowadays as an archer based class? Also, are the bosses can still be glitched in 3.0?
    Thanks.
    If you have a v2 shortspear its pretty easy to solo. Some bosses can still be glitched, but honestly its usually easier and faster to just kill them normally.

Which options are available for a rather cc-heavy (or, at least, above average cc) archer build?

Quote Originally Posted by Armkron View Post
    Which options are available for a rather cc-heavy (or, at least, above average cc) archer build?
    Trickster, maybe? I've seen a few running around.

Any defense archer will work to some degree. Stone arrow gets a decent amount of stuns/trips/disables while keeping a decent bit of damage. Archon has a butt load of cc from witch/def and can work in arenas and small scale engagements if you are decent at it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 234 of 237 FirstFirst ... 134 184 224 232 233 234 235 236 ... LastLast