+ Reply to Thread
Page 237 of 237 FirstFirst ... 137 187 227 235 236 237
Results 2,361 to 2,368 of 2368

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Archers Unite

Quote Originally Posted by sillyfish View Post
    so i quit the game for a while. Was doing nothing but logging in and burning labor crafting scepters and stuff. But i've had enough i say!

Come 3.5 i'm going to roll on a different server and i'm going archer. I've wanted to go archer for well over a year and several things kept me from doing it. Australian ping, funding, archery not being in the current meta, etc. No more!

Gonna be shooting errybody. Errything. Errywhere.

I freaking love you guys.
    huzah!!
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Thanks everyone for your Bastion advises. As for Stone Arrow, it does looks viable but i like Aura's utility\mobility too much to skip it :D
    Also, @Trusivraj, i like your Oracle guide, once i get to 50 Def i'll make sure to switch it to Vita when i burn labor, so i could try that as well in 2-3 weeks or so :)
    Btw, can you guys write me the names of buffs worth using (potions, food etc)? Everyone keep telling me to buff up but i'm a noob, i have no idea what to look for in AH xD
    Oh, and, Def pen or atk spd accessories?

Quote Originally Posted by Thatguyy View Post
    Thanks everyone for your Bastion advises. As for Stone Arrow, it does looks viable but i like Aura's utility\mobility too much to skip it
    Also, @Trusivraj, i like your Oracle guide, once i get to 50 Def i'll make sure to switch it to Vita when i burn labor, so i could try that as well in 2-3 weeks or so
    Btw, can you guys write me the names of buffs worth using (potions, food etc)? Everyone keep telling me to buff up but i'm a noob, i have no idea what to look for in AH xD
    Oh, and, Def pen or atk spd accessories?
    Sweet soup for mana food
    Deluxe sandwich for hp food
    Kingdoms... just search for kingdom, it will pop up.
    Jujube juice and jujube something else for hp. (Can you tell I just buy buffs cuz I know what to look for, and not what it is yet?)
    Atk speed gems, and 1 life ring. Armor pen/gale rings arent worth for an archer anymore. The nerfs to armor pen and the dependence of atk speed for EA now makes atk speed far more valuable than armor peel. (I hardly felt a difference in dmg, when I had itemized armor pen)
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Hey everyone, 3.5 grows closer with 3.7 hopefully before the end of the year just wanted to bounce some ideas around the thread

Moving into 3.5 we are seeing archery at a fairly nice point at least in my opinion

How do people feel some of the more popular archery classes will compare?
    Bastion
    Prime
    Oracle ( <3 pew )
    Ebonsong?
    Stone arrow

I am playing on a very DR heavy server that does a lot of small scale and while prime is fun I really love songcraft. Songcraft is also seeing some awesome slill mods, I would want to play an Ebonsong much more than Prime.

I was going to build my prime slightly tanky, recieved damage, halcy neck some defensive costume stats but reading back in this thread before 3.0 the idea on ebon was throw EVERYTHING at damage to 1-2 shot sleep alarm call also seems pretty cool and that good charm fear on backdrop vs a DR

Anyway... I suppose, how do people will feel those classes stack up and if anyone has advice on ebon for 3.5 on what they think I would love to hear it
    #1 Trash Princess NA
    Silver Season 3 League of Legends
    4/10 placement matches Heroes of the Storm
    Arcade Mode Only Overwatch
    Star Craft 2 custom maps
    Ex profession minecraft player

Quote Originally Posted by Rylee View Post
    Hey everyone, 3.5 grows closer with 3.7 hopefully before the end of the year just wanted to bounce some ideas around the thread

Moving into 3.5 we are seeing archery at a fairly nice point at least in my opinion

How do people feel some of the more popular archery classes will compare?
    Bastion
    Prime
    Oracle ( <3 pew )
    Ebonsong?
    Stone arrow

I am playing on a very DR heavy server that does a lot of small scale and while prime is fun I really love songcraft. Songcraft is also seeing some awesome slill mods, I would want to play an Ebonsong much more than Prime.

I was going to build my prime slightly tanky, recieved damage, halcy neck some defensive costume stats but reading back in this thread before 3.0 the idea on ebon was throw EVERYTHING at damage to 1-2 shot sleep alarm call also seems pretty cool and that good charm fear on backdrop vs a DR

Anyway... I suppose, how do people will feel those classes stack up and if anyone has advice on ebon for 3.5 on what they think I would love to hear it
    <333 Rylee

I'm honestly wanting to give these song archers a try, and I haven't dug up enough info to even judge their stance in 3.5.

I can certainly say Prime will be a lot more slippery, with far more ranged cc control, than current (backdrop + concussive/flame concussive *drools*)
    Oracle will be even more mobile, with far more dmg options, thanks to mist concussive, as well as mist missile rain, allowing for a less aura-dependent build (Hello insta-skewer impalement!). (Not a lot of KR using Mist Missile Rain, but they also don't play oracle, so we'll see how good that skill really is in my hands soon.)
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Trusi! I require your assistance!

Since I'm building up my resources with the intention of coming back in 3.5 and SHOOTING THE EVER LIVING HELL out of ALL THE THINGS, I was wondering if you had any class suggestions for people with latency around the 200 mark. I know it makes a difference not being able to react with 60ms.

I also know nothing about the new skills (Flame concussive? Mist missile rain? Oh my god these things sound cool, I must investigate.) so if your responses mention these or are based on these, could you state why?

Thanks so much!

Btw, in case it matters, I'm going to be getting as much gold as possible to throw into a bow before I do anything. I'm hoping for Legendary Erenor. Might end up being Legendary T7. Don't know yet. So I'll probably be like.. naked. With a bow. Maybe green gear. But bow! *makes shooting noises*

Quote Originally Posted by Sillyfish View Post
    I was wondering if you had any class suggestions for people with latency around the 200 mark. I know it makes a difference not being able to react with 60ms.
    IMO until they add the toggle between the NA and KR versions of Endless Arrows this game isn't good for an archer at 200 ms ping. My friend ran with 170-180ms ping and felt it was unplayable, he didnt even feel good farming mobs. He gave them six months to put in the toggle and when they didnt he quit the game over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillyfish View Post
    Trusi! I require your assistance!

Since I'm building up my resources with the intention of coming back in 3.5 and SHOOTING THE EVER LIVING HELL out of ALL THE THINGS, I was wondering if you had any class suggestions for people with latency around the 200 mark. I know it makes a difference not being able to react with 60ms.

I also know nothing about the new skills (Flame concussive? Mist missile rain? Oh my god these things sound cool, I must investigate.) so if your responses mention these or are based on these, could you state why?

Thanks so much!

Btw, in case it matters, I'm going to be getting as much gold as possible to throw into a bow before I do anything. I'm hoping for Legendary Erenor. Might end up being Legendary T7. Don't know yet. So I'll probably be like.. naked. With a bow. Maybe green gear. But bow! *makes shooting noises*
    As Ed said, 200 ping archers almost HAVE to play with the defense spec (bastion sounds like your go-to) and with the recent buff to endless arrows GCD (global cooldown) shield archers fire just as fast as DW. So definitely go the bastion route, if you can, it'll keep you strong against all forms of dmg, and allow you to at least avoid big dmg and get out, if your enemy overwhelms you.

The skills I mentioned are "Ascended" versions, of our normal skills. Flame concussive is basically a chargeable cc skill. Its perk is that, even tho it does less dmg (more if fully charged), it can be fired instantly, for those mments when u need to knock a fleeing opponent off their horse-cow-thing. Backdrop (shadowplay) also makes concussive, as well as mend and a few other skills, instant cast for a short period after use.

Oracle can gain this perk as well, for concussive, BUT you'll miss out on having a "budget" backdrop of your own, with MIST concussive, which fires a free cast, instant concussive, but only at a 6m range, and pushes you roughly 6-8m back. If the hit connects, it still disarms the opponent, which is perfect for fighting Melees.

Mist Missile rain is said to also push enemies back (if withinin 8m), but its only by a small margin, but you can use it while moving, and it fires in a cone. I see it as a second form of endless arrows, in which you use it when the enemy cant be shaken off at that current time, to create a small gap between you for the duration, which could still save your life, since melee cant hit you with triple slash from 10m away.

As for budget armor, ive been telling friends this a lot, that i'd sell all my gear and just buy a mythic bow if I could, and farm a full set of celest gha. This may be your genuine case. Just farm up a nice set of gha, and put all your real investment in a bow. You'll also want to get the divine weapon from the current lamp of greed event quest, to obtain a near-free Divine delph shield (mistsong Stealthfang shield), by turning whatever weapon you selct from the reward, into an aria's autograph. You don't need a specific weapon to make the Autograph, but when u open the autograph, select the Stealthfang shield. invest in the 2nd tier, for the DOT heal active it has as well.
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

+ Reply to Thread
Page 237 of 237 FirstFirst ... 137 187 227 235 236 237