+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 261 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Archers Unite

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrax View Post
    To further clarify how Feral aura works ill make some screenshots of the def of a guildie when it applies to him
    Tetrax, I got someone to shoot me just now that had said spear and can confirm that you are correct, the Feral Overpower does have a Physical Def degrading buff per stack on target.

HERE ARE THE SCREENSHOTS!!

- This is a SS of the Feral Aura Debuff: http://imgur.com/zzyHjCl

- This is a SS of his normal Pdef: http://imgur.com/VmwhLoF

- This is a SS of when the Feral Aura Debuff is applied to him: http://imgur.com/0rxCO92
    Well done.

Hey guys

I ask all you fellow archers to post your builds lets start the theory crafting

As there is not much info to be found on small/large scale pvp tips and tricks for archers i kindly ask you guys to post your build and learn us your ways

PEACE!!!

I think the most important part of playing an archer is to understand the "desync" of the displayed player positions. Both clientside displayed positions and the serverside position can vary alot depending on the ping of the involved players.

Imagine the desync to be like an afterimage of ur character that u drag behind u as u move. U only see that "afterimage" of the other players on ur screen, although they are on average 2 m infront of that(my personal experience/depends on the ping and the movespeed of the character).

That desync is the reason why u see the enemy using 20m gapclosers on u from like 22 - 24m. In rediculous situations i experienced enemy's using 20m skills from 27,7m.

This means u cant really kite 25m abilities on the NA/EU servers.

There are also abilities that can abuse this desync to give u even more of an advantage over the other player like Behind enemy lines, dropback. Behind enemy lines will be displayed really late on ur screen if u face it and gives the enemy the chance to use shadowstep, for example, even when u cant use shadowstep on the enemy.

That means ur effective kiting wiggle room isnt 8m. It is more like 3 - 4 m. Going under 24m to ur enemy very danger! .
    Nyre

Hey, one more thing to add regarding the Feral Mark buff from the short spear. Last night during testing the guy was using the basic arrow attack on me. He probably hit me 40 times and I think the Feral Overpower only proc'd 3 times on me.

If the Feral Mark proc rate is only 10% (for a T4 short spear) then really you are only going to get stacks of it with Endless Arrows, a skill that has become highly marginalized with the rise of uber toughness honor gems.

It would be great if we could get some data on the proc % on Feral Mark.

Also, does anyone know if there is a way in game to actually review effect text without having to actually create the effect in game? (Like you can look up weapons in the Folio without having to actually make the weapon). I think the answer is no, which suck because the description for Feral Overpower in game (when it proc's) is absolutely NOT what was put in the patch notes.

HERE ARE THE SCREENSHOTS!!

- This is a SS of the Feral Aura Debuff: http://imgur.com/zzyHjCl

- This is a SS of his normal Pdef: http://imgur.com/VmwhLoF

- This is a SS of when the Feral Aura Debuff is applied to him: http://imgur.com/0rxCO92
    Very nice. I was playing with it last night and saw it had a Physical debuff but was not sure how much it was. Thanks mate!

- Builds for either 1v1 or open world pvp
    I use http://archeage.earlygame.net/builds...4/8aJjzhaUkUG1

I don't see the need to change anything for 1v1 or raid PvP unless you want to be cheesy and leech in arena. I've tried to use Bastion, Stone Arrow, Trickster, Oracle, and Arcane Hunter. I got bored of them all because they're slow and not as fun as Primeval. Primeval is pretty ♥♥♥♥ in 1v1 with 55, so I don't bother.

- Tips and tricks to use in combat
    One combo I never see anyone use is Mark > Overwhelm > Snipe > Shadowsmite. Unless they have a way to shorten their tripped duration, you get off your biggest damage skill and still have Bolt > Toxic > Piercing.

- Class knowledge (playstyle/weapon choice,...)
    Put your shield on if a melee is in your face and take it off once you get away.
    Get as much tradeable (Gale) armor as possible so you don't end up with dead end T4 celestial.
    Don't bother with obsidian armor other than the cap because it gives ranged attack (unless it's epic grade or better).
    Don't get an obsidian bow.
    Don't get an obsidian shield unless it's T1-3 or the mdef shield.
    Get a T4 V2 shortspear and V1 dagger.
    Try to get a Tempest Seastorm Tricorne cap from the Dahuta 10-man dungeon because it's BIS.
    The combined serp guards and combined reckless captain belt are BIS and you should probably leave them at rare grade.

- Positioning in small/large scale pvp
    Be faster than everyone else, don't get caught in pulls, run around the outside finding targets you can do good damage to.
    F A T A L I T Y

People cry too much about it, but when you have just a good weapon, you can kill any1, you dont even need gear as long as you have a really good bow(epic for example).
    thats when they get too op(endless arrow people to death)
    Jewish
    Officer in <IIIIIII>

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnocchio View Post
    Hey, one more thing to add regarding the Feral Mark buff from the short spear. Last night during testing the guy was using the basic arrow attack on me. He probably hit me 40 times and I think the Feral Overpower only proc'd 3 times on me.

If the Feral Mark proc rate is only 10% (for a T4 short spear) then really you are only going to get stacks of it with Endless Arrows, a skill that has become highly marginalized with the rise of uber toughness honor gems.

It would be great if we could get some data on the proc % on Feral Mark.

Also, does anyone know if there is a way in game to actually review effect text without having to actually create the effect in game? (Like you can look up weapons in the Folio without having to actually make the weapon). I think the answer is no, which suck because the description for Feral Overpower in game (when it proc's) is absolutely NOT what was put in the patch notes.
    feral mark works find and as intended on the Korean server's. The problem is because of the animation lock on skills bow skills like endless arrow fire off 50% slower here. That has a major impact on archery skills that xlgames is switching to attack speed.

You will note the change coming to stalkers mark for example. The damage buff is getting removed and it is getting changed to all damage/attacks done while under the effect of the debuff from all damage type sources. So the more attacks done while the debuff is applied the more damage stalkers mark will do.

Feral mark is our bread and butter debuff right now but we attack 50% slower then intended by xlgames. So it's 50% harder to keep it up then it was intended by xlgames. This is some thing that needs to be fixed soon.

This is certainly a better thread than the other recent crybaby archery threads, thanks OP for being constructive.

I've been running bastion for a while (and Abolisher in rdps gear huehue) for a few reasons: initially tried it wanting to find what worked best for me to survive burst, to get prepared for stalkers change, and the class is suited to my gear. I think it was Gamemako (pardon if I am wrong) that recently commented about how many archers are still geared to be Glass cannons, and that just doesn't work for some of these other archery classes.

When obsidian hit, I dropped 4 piece gale to make room for obsidian pieces and the auroria pieces l use. Glass/prime wasn't working for me. Currently am running celestial t4 jerkin/cap, t5 breeches, promise belt/fists (planning to switch to earth belt, obs fists), wildborn boots/guards (### I firmly believe if you are an archer NOT running wildborn boots, you should rethink that choice), divine outlaw, celestial anticipation, t4 shortspear or my delph squall short spear, t3 flute, mag gale rings, mag wave earrings (decrease damage blows other passives away), rank 7 halcy neck (horrible rng keeps breaking backups). My range attack of 580 is a good bit lower than my friends who are in more traditional rdps gear, but my unbuffed hp is just shy of 20k, and my unbuffed pdef is 7100.

I'm on mobile, so unable to post builds using calc, but will update with specifics. I play around with 3 basic builds: deep into auramancy to run tele disc, deep into defense to run ursine, or more balanced builds where I do something like 12/8/8. I don't like that the first build is reliant on rng, but it works well when you get the procs. I've run into situations where my opponent knows I'm running it, plays stupidly aggressive to try to counter/prevent it, and makes mistakes in the process. Running ursine tends to mess up even experienced opponents, but once the cat is out of the bag, good opponents adapt. Overall, the balanced builds are most solid imo.

I don't use endless against battlerage specs, ever, and neither should you. It's not worth it. I try it against non br to see how hard it is hitting, and then make a choice to use it or not use it. The most important things you need to do is mind your positioning at all times, try to read your opponent to know what may be coming, and watch their buffs/casts like a hawk. The positioning part is a much bigger deal than it was pre 55. I've been an FPS gamer primarily, and have played several FPS at a fairly high competitive level. When I was first recruited to a team, it was because I had very good gunplay/twitch skills. After a full season of players with worse gunplay skills vastly out performing me, my captain/friends helped me realize I had horrible positioning skills and crap situational awareness. So, I worked to improve and progressed as a player. These skills are still not intuitive to me, and I still have to actively work to apply these in my gameplay. I've carried this over to AA, and post 55 it has made a big difference, so I hope it helps others.

For some players, bastion may lack some of the fun factor of other rdps classes. It's slow and some of my friends have described the class as boring. My main complaint is that toxic shot is in shadowplay, but that doesn't apply to just bastion. Because of this, I feel l have to run snipe, and then I'm not really a fan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 261 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast