+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 258 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 2573

  Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Archers Unite

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Flood City
    Posts
    115
    Bastion passing by, here is my build ---- http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/321080/


  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    15
    I found that archery is all about space control. The game of keep away is only half of this. The clever use of bone cage and snare can make all the difference in open world and arena pvp. You can use of missle rain to move your opposition around. No one wants to stand in a missle rain and they will move out of it to the sides and back. Snipe is a good way to scare squishy people into retreating rather then pushing with thier initiators.

    As an archer you have the privlaged position of the back line. This lets you see most if not all of the battle. It also means that you can dodge alot of the counter initiation cc of skullknights and defilers. Also don't be shy about telling your team what you see. Point out healers and squishies. You can test people's tankiness quickly with a few shots. Let your initiators know when they are too deep. Tell you dps when to push harder. Alert your DR train when your healers need help. Don't throw your life away but dont be afraid to take a bit of damage. Remeber that your healer's main focus will likely not be on you so manage your life carefully.

    Don't get too discouraged with all the nerfs. Archers will always have a place in pvp and their place in pve remains vital even now. How long does the third boss of Serpentis take with out archers. Consider the insane damage that missle rain does on world bosses. Who would buy all the mana pots and soup with out us? Healers? There aren't enough healers to sustain the alchemy market (seriously role heals, we need more in general). No matter what, we archers will remain. Let your fletchings dry your tears, we will persevere!

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    129
    Lets face it, our class sucks balls

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    SupportArcher
    Posts
    3,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushrush View Post
    Lets face it, our class sucks
    It is rough sometimes but yeah a good bow goes a LONG way sucks I can't get one

    on the note of MS again.... HOLY CRAP the 3% are 600+ gold to make and 850+ gold to buy!!!!

    Looks like I'm not doing that!!! 2% here I come.
    “We view any system that generates value, at a cost to customer happiness, as a broken system that we need to fix.”

    Valve On In-Game Economy

    Calim[Strike]Naima[/strike] Kraken East Support Archer

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    387
    Archers PVP Machanics: Tips and tricks.

    Archery doesnt have that much skills, on top of that since BR has so many gap closers these days we have to be inventive and find other ways to keep them moving whilst we shoot them down without being caught too much.

    On this note i want to share some things i have learned playing archery (mostly Stone Arrow) and which might help you get the upper hand on those pesky BR users ^^

    * Switching between dual weapons and shield:
    we archers can be pretty squishy, esp as a prime or trickster. Even as a stone arrow, i often start out with my shortspear and dagger, with the extra attack speed and ranged damage this often gives me a way better initial burst damage. whenever they get too close and i feel im gonna be caught i simply switch to my shield using a hotkey and then put redoubt up. Sometimes the timing can be difficult but this is something you get used to.

    * Shadowstep:
    This is one of my favourite skills. Most ppl just think ah its only good for an overwhelm shadowsmite combo, but i can tell you there is much much more to this skill. It is what makes the difference between winning most of my arena matches against BR users instead of losing. There are 2 awesome things which i use it for.

    - Shadowstep on yourself: This will give you a speed buff. it can be essential to get away when backdrop is on cd, or to catch classes like DR who are trying to get away. together with freerunner this will give you a serious speed boost.

    - Shadowstep to either open a gap or confuse a player: Whenever im fighting a battlerage user is use this, as much as possible. Its best used whenever you feel they are gonna use a gap closer. you shadowstep to them and run the other direction (it also gives a speed boost its way easier to run away fast) . As they will use their skill towards you and you will switch out positions in the clompletely different direction in a blink of an eye you will reopen the gap and continue doing damage. Believe me yuo will often see them running facing the wrong direction for a second or 2 before they turn towards you, this is a pretty funny sight also BR users often use behind enemy lines which is pretty slow animation, this mechanic is very easely used to counter that as you have more than enough time to react. In other ocasions its about experience in arena and knowing BR combos so you can predict their moves. This is not an easy mechanic to be used effectively and may take some practice, but believe you it will make a big difference if you get used to it. whenever it goes wrong and they catch you, as a stone you can redoubt, invinci, or soak up some damage before getting away again. For a prime its about using schrug it off at the right time and getting away again, or using sleep right after and do a wombo combo.

    - Redoubt: timing timing timing!! As a stone this is a verry important skill, but what is most important is timing it right, Always try to use it right before an auromancy user puts you to sleep, their whole next combo will be screwed. If not auromancy do it right before they start comboing you. If you use this skill too early you are often f****d

    - Taunting: In arena ppl will often try to taunt your buffs and wait them out. If you go in just use intensity nothing else right away, often they will think you are engaging and they will pop their buffs, now just go stealth and wait them out even if they would stealth before you trying to wait your buffs out you can now go in stealth a few seconds after them and have the upper hand because youll have element of surprise now.

    - Invincibility: This can be used also when somebody tries to stalkers mark you, bubbles you or mudhands you. If timed right this will definitly f**k up their combos.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    199
    if u want to play 1v1 arena, then dont play stonearrow. It is just a mediocre class. Any equally geared prime or dr, who are not noobs, will just wreck u.

    i win 95% of my fights against stonearrows as prime, because we have leech. Its basically leech to win.
    u cant do anything against leech as stonearrow.

    the fights are mostly the same: USE A SHIELD! > stalkers > shadowstep > leech > honor nodachi > equip dual wield > conc arrow > charged bolt ... now most of em pop invince. At this point u should have the hp advantage. Switch to shield and start baiting the redoubt with ur 3 main dmg abilities (charged bolt, piercing shot, toxic shot). Because u have inspire u will get them off faster than the stonearrow. Most of the stonearrows pop redoubt immidiatly so just teleport away or go stealth.
    u can go for another leech if he has too much hp for u to fight or just finish him off with overwhelm > shadowsmite and just arrow shots.

    its not hard to fight stonearrows because they have no leech, no stunbreak and subpar mobility.

    Druid, prime and bastion are the only viable 1v1 archer based classes.
    Nyre

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by fanatic667 View Post
    if u want to play 1v1 arena, then dont play stonearrow. It is just a mediocre class. Any equally geared prime or dr, who are not noobs, will just wreck u.

    i win 95% of my fights against stonearrows as prime, because we have leech. Its basically leech to win.
    u cant do anything against leech as stonearrow.

    the fights are mostly the same: USE A SHIELD! > stalkers > shadowstep > leech > honor nodachi > equip dual wield > conc arrow > charged bolt ... now most of em pop invince. At this point u should have the hp advantage. Switch to shield and start baiting the redoubt with ur 3 main dmg abilities (charged bolt, piercing shot, toxic shot). Because u have inspire u will get them off faster than the stonearrow. Most of the stonearrows pop redoubt immidiatly so just teleport away or go stealth.
    u can go for another leech if he has too much hp for u to fight or just finish him off with overwhelm > shadowsmite and just arrow shots.

    its not hard to fight stonearrows because they have no leech, no stunbreak and subpar mobility.

    Druid, prime and bastion are the only viable 1v1 archer based classes.
    In my honest opinion i have to disagree.

    I play as a stone arrow (4.9k gs) in arena a lot. In the last month there has only been 1 primeval that has been able to beat me. A lot of high gs BR users even say im the only archer that beats them. Lech combo nodachi with prime doesnt require much skill and is cheesy gameplay which i dont like. Also if your going against another leech users its just a game on who leeches first. Diff is that you will probably not survive his combo but he will survive yours if he is tanky enough. Stone arrow can be very good in arena, if you have mastered the class. I have played all the archery class combos and honestly i can say that in overall stone arrow is probably the best class. esp when geared right.

    I dont know what server you play on but maybe there are just no skilled stone arrows there, i can find many ways to counter a primes leech combo and catch him. If prime doesnt have leech combo available or cant run away its gg.

    Havent tried you nodachi leech thing yet tho (i just hate cheesy gameplay but w/e ) but i might just for fun hehe.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrax View Post
    In my honest opinion i have to disagree.

    I play as a stone arrow (4.9k gs) in arena a lot. In the last month there has only been 1 primeval that has been able to beat me. A lot of high gs BR users even say im the only archer that beats them. Lech combo nodachi with prime doesnt require much skill and is cheesy gameplay which i dont like. Also if your going against another leech users its just a game on who leeches first. Diff is that you will probably not survive his combo but he will survive yours if he is tanky enough. Stone arrow can be very good in arena, if you have mastered the class. I have played all the archery class combos and honestly i can say that in overall stone arrow is probably the best class. esp when geared right.

    I dont know what server you play on but maybe there are just no skilled stone arrows there, i can find many ways to counter a primes leech combo and catch him. If prime doesnt have leech combo available or cant run away its gg.

    Havent tried you nodachi leech thing yet tho (i just hate cheesy gameplay but w/e ) but i might just for fun hehe.
    almost everything in arena is cheesy and i didnt say its hard. Actually my post said its easy ... i play a 4.9k gs prime on kyprosa, which seems to be the most active server. With around 80% winratio.

    against a well geared archon its really hard to win though ... or takes a long time
    Nyre

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by fanatic667 View Post
    almost everything in arena is cheesy and i didnt say its hard. Actually my post said its easy ... i play a 4.9k gs prime on kyprosa, which seems to be the most active server. With around 80% winratio.

    against a well geared archon its really hard to win though ... or takes a long time
    How do you play against BR users?

    Also could you post your build? im curious which one you use, might try it myself

    Also how much range attack you got?

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrax View Post
    How do you play against BR users?
    really depends on the enemy player and exact class used

    i would say dr and shadowblade are the most threatening, when it comes to catching u. There are so many options on how to play tho perhaps i will do a vid.
    Also could you post your build? im curious which one you use, might try it myself
    http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/197667

    this build enables u to do the most damaging combo an archer can have. regards to ditia^^

    stalkers > shadowstep > leech > honor nodachi > position urself behind the enemy > conc shot from 9 - 10 m > overwhelm > snipe > shadowsmite > charged bolt

    the requirements for this combo are : stalkers mark hits, no courageous action and no redoubt running on target

    there is a hidden combo effect with snipe and stalkers mark, that not many players know about^^. If u r using a shortspear v2 like me and the puncture procs for ur snipe, then it will be insane . i think 18k snipe crit, on a low toughness target, is possible with puncture. The other day i did a 16k snipe crit on a 3,6k abolisher just with snipe.

    its also good for open world raid combat.

    Also how much range attack you got?
    ~730 ranged attack unbuffed

    i can post a ss later when i'm at home
    Nyre

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 258 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts