Faction: East
    Type: PVP and PVE

In-game Contacts
    Zero
    Cirth
    Rhyle
    Apoca
    Apocafail

Amitabha has decided to play ArcheAge. As such, we have begun active recruitment for new members to fill-in our currently sparse ranks. We want to form a guild that is close-knit and holds loyalty over all else. We are somewhat in a grey area when it comes to our PVP practices - generally speaking, we don't want to be ass holes, but we do enjoy PVP. That being said, we are also somewhere between "hardcore" and casual. A lot of us are in our twenties and have no major commitments other than our jobs, so it's not difficult for us to "no life" a game.

Right now, we have a strong core of fifteen made up of members who have been with the guild since our creation back in Age of Wushu, as well as those who joined up with us recently in ArcheAge. We have a fairly open recruitment policy, with the only stipulations being that you must be at least sixteen, have a mature attitude, and follow our five simple rules that can be summed as "Don't be an ass hole." This may change at, or before, release.

Our main server is Tahyang. We have a website (linked above), and a TS3 server. We're generally laid back, but we do expect you to play with us when you can. We are a guild, after all.

Here's a quote from the "About Us" page on our website.

Who Are We?
    Amitabha is a multi-game guild founded in Age of Wushu, an ancient Chinese/Wuxia-themed MMORPG. Since our founding in Age of Wushu, we have grown to play games such as Age of Wulin (EU Version of Age of Wushu), Wurm Online, League of Legends, and APB: Reloaded. We have future plans to play games such as The Elder Scrolls Online, FFXIV: RRB, and ArcheAge. We have a very open and ever-changing structure, which means we can easily open new chapters in new games, whenever at least one member has an interest in opening a chapter in that game. Since our creation almost half a year ago, we have had over two-hundred people join us, produced several youtube videos that have received almost 32,000 views, received over 23,000 unique visits to our website (Avg 50-60 unique users a day), and have accomplished many incredible in-game feats. We are a one of a kind guild that play hardcore, yet foster a laid back environment for our members.

What Does Amitabha Mean?
    The in-depth answer is that Amitabha was a celestial buddha, mentioned in the Mahayana school of Buddhism. Since then, it has been used in several Buddhist mantras, been translated into various languages and has become a sort of religious greetings (similar to the Christian "Bless you"). It can be translated into "Infinite Light," which is why Amitabha is called the Buddha of Infinite Light. If you would like to read more, feel free to click this link.

Why Was Amitabha Created?
    The reason for our use of the name Amitabha is two-fold. One, I simply inherited the name. Amitabha was initially created at the start of the server by someone else. The guild was left to a friend of mine and I joined up with the intention of helping him build up the guild. The next day, he decided to disband the guild (we were the only two left). With no guild, I decided I would create a guild that offered exactly what I wanted.

While I was gathering people to help me make my guild, I decided I would use the name Amitabha. I liked the sound of it, and I was already familiar with it, plus there was the added bonus of free advertisement from every Shaolin NPC in the game, who would often say "Amitabha!" whenever you spoke to them. Overall it seemed like a great choice for a name, especially when you consider that Amitabha was initially made to be a Shaolin-only guild.

If you're interested in joining, simply post here or PM me. You can also contact any of the people mentioned in the "In-game Contacts" section. There are no hard-set requirements, but generally we like to keep it at least eighteen and older. But we can (and have) make exceptions.

For diplomatic contact! Contact me via PM or in-game. Anthrar is also open for diplomatic contact if you are not able to reach me.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd ****** and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild
    Click here for my review of ArcheAge!

Amitabha Officer BloodyBunnie reporting in.

Just want to let you guys know that if you join you can expect to have a group of people to play on countless games. We're pretty close knit and when we manage to get a group of us on TS we like to stick together. All in all I hope to see you guys in game regardless of it's with us or not

The guild name is really interesting, I would like to join you guys in official, may I ask what made you guys decide to choose server Aranzeb?

Here is my introduction topic
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...-Massachusetts

Note: I haven't really played MMO games. I wasted almost 7-8 years playing MMORPG game called Knight Online, so I'm kind of noob in MMO style games, but easy learning. (the reason why I say wasted is because the game was ruined after the company not being able to fix hacks, and other stuff..)

Quote Originally Posted by IshReleX View Post
    The guild name is really interesting, I would like to join you guys in official, may I ask what made you guys decide to choose server Aranzeb?

Here is my introduction topic
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...-Massachusetts

Note: I haven't really played MMO games. I wasted almost 7-8 years playing MMORPG game called Knight Online, so I'm kind of noob in MMO style games, but easy learning. (the reason why I say wasted is because the game was ruined after the company not being able to fix hacks, and other stuff..)
    We chose Aranzeb simply because that's where we made our character for the closed beta, as it was the only server available at the time. We may decide to change to a different server during launch, but that hasn't been decided yet.

And about being a newbie, it's no issue. We have no problem helping you out with learning, and I personally enjoy helping newbies learn whatever game I play (why I always end up making video/forum post guides).
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd ****** and or asshole."
    -Cingal

Banned
    Apoca! I've seen you in all my games and at onrpg!
    Glad to see that you're making amitabha here in AA as well. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Ebony Stallion View Post
    Apoca! I've seen you in all my games and at onrpg!
    Glad to see that you're making amitabha here in AA as well. Good luck!
    Hey there
    -Cingal

Glad to see someone interested in joining us and we're all kind of learning this game together anyways.

I'm kind of a "grey" area PvP guy, too :P

How do I join? I'm on Aranzeb.

Quote Originally Posted by s4ntana View Post
    I'm kind of a "grey" area PvP guy, too :P

How do I join? I'm on Aranzeb.

Just PM me in-game and I'll get you an invite into the guild. From there, just hang out with us in Guild Chat and Ts3.
    -Cingal

I've updated the Amitabha website a decent bit for ArcheAge. I've removed all the old excess from our previous games, re-did the permissions and tag system to be more in line with ArcheAge for a stream-lined process. Created a new ArcheAge-specific recruitment application. Made the forums more condensed and easier to use.

That being said, we are looking for members who like to stream. As you'll notice, we have a "Livestream" tab. Right now it's only used by myself, but I'm not much of a streamer and mostly use twitch to upload gameplay to youtube. So if you're interested, let me know. Plus it would be nice to have someone who is willing to nearly constantly stream for (as I said) uploading to youtube our "great" moments, PVP, adventures, etc...

I am also interested in having some more motivated leader-quality members join our ranks. All you need is a decent mic for TS3, the ability to be fairly active in the game, and (as I said) leader-ship qualities.

As an update to Amitabha within ArcheAge. We've gotten about fifteen good, active members this CB. I'd like us to be at about 40-50 members by release. Hopefully that number will allow for my (hopeful) average of 15-20 people online at any one time.
    -Cingal

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast