+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Enla

The Legend of Enla

I promised Voluntaris I would do this, soooo I did it.

Act 1

A Blacksmith

We begin our story from a simple time on enla. When the morning sun meant toil and tending the land, and the night sky was dark and the seas filled with emptiness. I shared in Enlas early sentiments back then and took pleasure in forging iron hoping it would serve a greater purpose and be used for a great army. Every soldier needs a weapon. But at the time you could hardly call my close friends soldiers. We ran a small group of half tagged mercenaries with the intention of gaining a purpose on the sea and possibly being paid to handle certain..."dirty jobs". Freewind Expeditions, while the idea for holding such a camp where your guild had the freedom to roam, there would be nowhere to roam without a ship to do so. We stacked everything we had to get the job done. Running trade by clipper, at one point we even owned our own Island south of two crowns.
    During this time of adventure, we ran into plenty of unsavory faces. While we could say we owned our own island, there was always that 1 person who would constantly remind us why stacking dominos in the wind was a bad idea. Veritas, a house of hooligans. They were small, much smaller than us. At one point I thought they were french. Being constantly reminded by the great Foblobster how skilled they were, and how rich they were. But nothing would come of that, yet.

A Pirates Fate

The sea was a place full of thieves back then. Some would kill for the sole purpose of killing, others would wait until you had something of value. And then still, some others would make attempts at thievery only to constantly fail at every turn. Piracy, both the west and the east had seen its fair share of destruction in that regard. There was a constant fear, always having someone look over your shoulder for you while holding the wheel of a clipper. The seas were full of clockworks, and pirates that insisted on pumping their jacks. But we made it through, managed to get on our feet all the while running into the inevitable fight. My ship, wasn't the first ship to ever be constructed, but its build was a reminder of just how wild the sea could be.

Island of Wealth

Everything I've built took mountains to achieve, and in some way, I always felt as if I was climbing and endless latter covered in random sprouting razor blades shearing its victim into a plummet a hundred feet to the ground. But alas, these falls seem perilous, but for some reason I always land on my feet, only to realize I had nothing to worry about. My ship was no different. It was the final trade needed to build my ship, an afternoons trip was all it would take to make the dream alive. But, as with everything, there's always a random encounter to get in the way. We arrived in the center of the island and stood near the traders, ready to move the final shipments and await our daily payout for the ship build. As I arrived to the trader, I suddenly found myself surrounded by 100 eyes, 100 blades, and 100 reasons to never let your guard down. When suddenly, a voice rang out to break the tension. A command was issued to hold, and 100 eyes and blades stood motionless.
    "The one who juggles!" proclaimed a young Gray the Wanderer. My most loyal of friends. From behind the wall of 100 eyes and blades walked the one they called Mumjuggler. "We could have killed you and taken all of this". Challenging words to a group as outnumbered as we were, but what Freewind lacked in number it made up for in sheer determination in a fight. Adam, carried a longspear, and his battle prowess was unmatched by anyone at the time. Proverb, a boisterous one, skilled, but taking pride in his ability to swoon any lady caring to listen. Seth, a wicked lady with unmatched talents in causing her enemies to beat themselves in anguish by keeping her allies alive, and causing her friends ears to bleed with disgust and sensible humor. Aurelia, young and quick tempered but able to hold her own and in ways stronger than any male counterpart. Parmantots, wide eyed but sensible, loyal to his friends. Zaros, an eager mathematician calculated, but awkward, everyone needs an inventor, constantly babbling about probability and percentages, while failing one liners reminiscent of leasure suit larry. Fabz and Purple, a dynamic set of personalities woven in and out of the wake of freewind, Fabz has a way with posing, and tea parties, but his quickness and skill are untouchable. Purple has a way of staying silent, but always reminding a failure that she is aware of how much you suck. Gray the wanderer, the most loyal of my friends, socially awkward yes, but forever stuck behind the will of a bow and as passionate about his abilities as he is about making lewd jokes. A handful of the many faces that crossed my path on a daily basis but forever willing to fight and having a drive to do it while against the odds. But not today...Today we were met by the one who juggles, and his offer of allegiance to the Setting Suns would change my fate forever.

Imperials

I've seen many things here, but nothing would match the wave of bodies heaving in battles unknown to the common. While the one who juggled

commanded an army of 100s, the wave of spears and spells of the Imperials were innumerable. The encounter was brief along the fields of halcyona,

but it was enough. We would meet again...but behind the walls of political strife.

The Summit

The alliance with the suns had hurdled our small band of misfits into a new side of things. Our concerns before were simple, a few handfuls of corn, a satchel of gold, a spear in your hands, and a tongue that spit fire fearless in battle. But today would be different. Today, I would put down my pitchfork, wash the dirt off my brow, dress for success, and become a delegate. Blicero, took the time to update me on the goings on of the outside world, who knows who, why who does what, where who came from, and whose bitter love story makes them a terrible delegate. All of my simple worries soon changed, and a world of pomp and circumstance replaced it. We were to have a summit, for our faction, our nation, and our people. A wash of words to determine friend from foe. The lines were full of Clockworks, and Incoming Nerfs, Imperials, and Suns. The host of our little gathering was a strange but precise man named Fact. And just like his name, his encounters with us were....strict, to the point...only the facts. He tried his hardest to never offend even a common fly, the delegate of delegates. We all sat in a room waiting patiently for the meeting to begin. Fact would lead the speeches as the room got quiet, I thought to myself, what a great leader, its no wonder he commands such a large army, the Imperials. But a different voice would chime in during this meeting, an unfamiliar one. His name was Alyx, and he spoke with certainty, and confidence....a strange and subtle hint of assuredness. He spoke of castles, and grand enemies, new lands, and the future. I tried my hardest to be a proper and sophisticated gentle lady during this proceeding of winding words. But who was I to fool anyone, I can't stand tension and seriousness, I need to throw a potato across this meeting table to break the somber mood. Words and words, pomp and circumstance, I walked away from the meeting with a head filled with information and tired ears from such stiff small talk. But it was decided, Imperial Legacy would put down its show of force and intimidation toward the west and drive the focus to an enemy whose behemoth wake shakes the earth at its core.

The Brave Beasts of the East

Earth only moves for the water, but mountains crumble for the beast. Cat people accompanied by short and cocky humanoids speaking in tongues, lead by a giant lion. The Brave Newbies. Their name wasn't intimidating at all....until you spotted 12 ships appearing on your radar with sails banded with their names. 500? 1000? Endless? Wave after wave of red would wash you and anything valuable you had away, and there was nothing you could do to stop them. The Imperials warned us about them at the summit. But how could we truly see such a force. If it was to make the Imperials shudder, then how would we comprehend such a beast. Freewind promised to loan its forces to a grander front, a larger window of battle, but it wouldn't be enough. There were just too many of them. The one who juggles would even tell stories of how his 100 eyes would vanish in an instant when they showed up. The world would freeze and everything living would be thrown to the ground. But what would it take to fight such a beast, how could our band of misfits in Freewind ever compete against something so vast, how would the Suns survive such a conflict, what was the point of inviting us to a summit to reveal an enemy that couldn't be beat?

The Moons Eclipse the Sun

By this time Freewind and the Suns had worked together for what seemed like ages. Our methods were merging, our tactics were the same, our drive was exact, but our forces were conflicted. We had dreams and goals after the Imperial meeting. New lands, castles, prestige. But how could we obtain something so far away? In the back of our minds we both knew that if we wanted to achieve greatness what must be done. The decision was made, if we wanted to achieve anything we could no longer move under separate motivations. We had to fly under one banner, as one force. The Sun sets, and its vision is blocked out by the moon, "Eclipse". Our force expanded exponentially. Our special snowflakes and elites soon joined with more who shared the same focus. Our new drive and commitment was to hear the stories Alyx mentioned, we decided to prepare to take a castle. All of my metalwork and mining would come to use, all of our efforts were full focus. We spent countless days laying out the methods and the plan, preparing everything we had. Planning and conversations flooded with words interrupted by sparse jokes from the likes of Sir Croneyus Maximus, the yatata master, and lord of the yatatas. We were a focused group of individuals. But our focus would be interrupted by the spiraling inner turmoil the west suffered. Unlike the previous summit, where everyones conditions were layed out, and their intentions were set in stone, we were to find out how quickly individuals could change for a chance at becoming "The Lord".

Thunderstruck

Many people battle for things. Honor, wealth, prestige, admiration, bloodlust, deception. Its all the same though, someone wins, someone dies.
    Imperial Legacy had made a move shortly after the formation of Eclipse to bolster their own forces. Their new force was the largest anyone had ever seen, in an on going war against the beast of the east. Their new force was known to shake the land around them as much as the beast. So much so that they bent the land to their own will, and changed clearings of the world into grand forests. Forests, that would soon be full of blood and thunder. Freewind was always a mercenary group, but, we never called ourselves mercenaries, and we rarely sold our services. But a new group of Flawless individuals decided to actually go into business and live up to the mercenary standard. Mercenaries. Blood for hire. Getting the job done for a price. We had had several run ins with them under the banner of Eclipse. But we would never expect such a small group who could field a battle at less men than our own small group of Freewind to be so far in the field of deception. Their actions were piracy at its fullest. Their mentality was something to be admired in some ways, yet disgusted in others. Everyone was aware they were full of attitude. But no one could have guessed they would be so bold to do the unthinkable. The Imperials were a solid front, supported by a new Survey Corps. Their presence and number were above and beyond, and in combat they would actually drive out the great beast of the east. They had rules, they worked in isolation. The rules were simple. Whats mine is mine, whats yours is yours. Simply put, just stay out of the way and no one gets hurt. The mercenaries though, were....above rules. Who would tell a Mercenary to be quiet? Who would tell a Mercenary where to stand. I woke up that morning to go out to a hidden area, to replicate what we've seen the Imperials do, but on a smaller scale. But this time to our suprise we found something....different. The Brave Newbies had planted a small forest of trees. We had a special man of the field Maliqe. His business is finding a tree, and by cold calculations, he gets it right every time. The tree is struck by lightning, and forever burns with the energy of electricity. Most people would ignore the usefulness of such a talent, but Maliqe was good at what he did, and where there was profit to be made, these trees would make it. Word had traveled that there was a disruption in enla. As we sat at the top of this cliff, waiting for beasts to show up and claim electric possessed trees. We found that miles away a different battle had been waging since sun up.
    The Imperials had planted a forest, but for the first time, an organized group of bandits had ignored the warnings they set for everyone.
    "You're bat♥♥♥♥ crazy" those were the last words I could say to Retaliate before it was too late. Little could be said of Retaliate, he was around, he was boisterous, but he was...grounded, at times calm. No one would have expected him to set in motion one of the heaviest conflicts the west had ever seen. Bloodshed fed the earth as lightning struck trees and the battlecries of death and anguish filled haranya. No mercenary could be left alive, and no Imperial could be spared. "Down with Legacy!" Old outcries of hatred could be heard over and over, where bad blood has existed since the dawn of Enla. There could be no unity, there could be no Legacy. This battle would determine the future of Auroria. The land of castles and Lords. "Red is dead" an old quote, many of us in the west held close, to know that no beast could be trusted, but the Mercenaries were different they were born from both sides of the world, to them to take every advantage over your opponent is victory even if it means playing both sides of the fence. Summits were had, rumors were spread throughout the west, deception around every corner. The Shadowhawks wanted to kill the beast, Mercenaries wanted their own prestige no matter the cost, Legacy would fight at every avenue on full alert. While the world focused on chaos though, we were Eclipse, we were focused on a much greater goal, the battle for Auroria.
    Truth:

Trion and XL games hates everything I say because its the truth and stings like fire.
    Exposing the weaknesses in your circuit would send most to react in a way to fix the chain.
    Instead we get to see an awkward teen afraid of its flaws hiding them under the rug.

Act 2

The Battle for Auroria

The day was at hand, the lands of auroria would finally be free of invisible boundaries and the treads of boots layed upon its firtile soil. Eclipse had flown its banner and prepared months for this journey. The plan was laid out perfectly and every piece to the puzzle had its place. Excitement and new faces joined the rosters in position for the greatest battle to ever grace enlas history. Legacy was in place to take the northern lands, Eclipse had made its preparations to crown the one who juggles as Lord of Heedmar. And a large but quiet force lead by Kainzo the great set to make its mark in Nuimari. We had trained for this, and everything was in its place. The west could finally claim its power and put the beast of the east to sleep once and for all. The caves were on fire with combat, every soul on the planet condensed into one area, breaking pieces from the earth to form a castle, and breaking pieces from the skulls of their enemies to prevent the creation of the new Lords. Within what seemed like minutes the titanic force of Legacy broke a path and set both of their headstones down to claim the northern lands. Kainzo was in position to take nuimari, and Eclipse was fighting off the world in heedmar to claim its castle. Swarms of red filled their defenses, each force pushing its enemies to the outside waiting for the final light to be claimed. It was a unified western front. Legacy had sent its remaining forces south to assist us in claiming the stone. But the threads of fate had planned something much different that day. Kainzo the Disposable Hero, had fallen in battle. His units were disrupted, and couldn't regain their ground. The beast of the east had formed a full scale show of force and power as the earth shook with the incoming hooves and claws toward heedmar. A red tide the size of mountains rearing up to destroy us. Seconds tic'd away at the clock as Mum planted the flag on heedmar, our entire force holding fast to resist the incoming wave of death from the east. And as the wave approached us, we looked to our north, to see a sea of white horses and cavalry, shining blades a wave of light to match the red tide heading into our direction. Both opposing forces colliding in an earth shattering clash of battle. We held the line, second by second, watching time tic slowly, reds from all directions lunging toward the one body in the middle of our shields to rip victory from our hands. Time....and in a single flash of light, an explosion rang out from the stone, clearing the sea of red, and finally establishing our place among the Lords of the land. Months of preparation, and we had finally done it. Victory.
    But as with any battlefield there are always losses...Kainzo had fallen in the east. We sent as many as we could to fight the now consuming wave of red that surrounded nuimari. But it was too late. One final explosion rang out across the land. And in its wake stood the tower. Many had feared it would be the end, the great beast had claimed a spot in Auroria, this would amplify its power for sure. But when the dust settled, one strange banner hung above the landscape. Delusion. A large blow to the faces of the Heroes, but a reminder, that power can shift...in an instant.

The Kraken

Time had passed since the battle of Auroria. Eclipse had finally had its place. One would think peace would come with such a great feat of victory. But a replacement to relaxation awaited me. More delegation. I found myself again filled with the monotony of rules, and order, summits and meetings, pomp and circumstance...over and over again. Surrounded by delegates, and structure, free, but not truly free. Monday, combat training, tuesday gear requisition, wednesday combat training, thursday gear requisition, friday combat training, saturday rest, sunday rest. But outside of my monotonous habitat, the world kept turning. New drama ready to unfold at the drop of a hat. We had all heard stories of the Kraken, and in some cases lost dozens of ships while haphazardly wondering into its midst. But we had also heard the stories of the Heroes who took it down to claim its bounty, mirror to the stories of Legacy who had also had a hand in its defeat. Over and over again, they would line up the ships, each man at the cannon with 1 job, and 6 different ♥♥♥♥in boats. This went on for days. But anyone could point out the glaring problem that would ensue afterwards. The Disposable Heroes still walked the land with a bitter taste of defeat in their mouths, only to be further fueled by their own sentiments against Legacy. Competition. But one night the chatter reached a pinnacle not yet seen since the Mercenaries existed. A new war was at hand in the west, and this time Eclipse would be used as the tipping point between conflict that existed within Legacy and Disposable Heroes. The conflict lasted weeks. With a constant push and pull, "who's side are you on" "where do you stand". Only a fool would agree to using us in such a way, especially if the fool was a Hero. Pomp and circumstance, decisions and delegations, paperwork paperwork, what you do for others will always be returned. We were unfamiliar with the Heroes, they were large sure, but they had done nothing for us on record, but they had done nothing wrong to us, paperwork, paperwork, documents, files. So when the decision was made, like anyone caught in the middle we attempted to make peace at the houses. The Great Alliance, The Neutral Alliance, The Alliance Alliance....all just titles to dilute the grand scheme. But no one is a fool. And the end of the day we sided with the cavalry that helped us create our house.
    Great battles ensued but....not as great as before. The west grew fractured, filled with familiar faces, but each one moving further away from its original purpose. People changed....things got darker.

Your Cold Dead Hands

Business, paperwork, facility, logic. Again, day in and day out leading, strategizing, planning, growing. Constantly answering the peoples problems with resolution. Gear initiatives, pvp day, planting, growing, crafting, farming, fighting. All would seem a normal day, except in the back of my mind I knew I was blind in all of this. I started Gear initiatives and delegated pvp and pve officers, halcyona generals and the like. But it still felt cold. I started to realize that no matter how much effort I put behind an operation, things would slow...to a halt. Sure halcyona would be won at every instance. Dungeons would be completed. But when it came time to elevate our structure....higher, I ran into the most peculiar devil. Gold. It has a way of making people crazy. They work for it, incessantly. They do stupid things to earn it. They steal for it, they lie for it. Money makes the world go round, but it also makes people change. Sometimes for the worse....much worse. And in the case of our fearless "Leader" the one who juggles, it would prove to be his demise. His constant need to scrape from what wasn't his would cause strife among the higher ranks. But how would I go about speaking to everyone, telling everyone this leader had stolen what was theirs? There would only be one way to resolve someone with power, and that is to chase them out of hiding with someone else who has power. This eclipse will soon find itself setting the sun, forever.
    Truth:

Trion and XL games hates everything I say because its the truth and stings like fire.
    Exposing the weaknesses in your circuit would send most to react in a way to fix the chain.
    Instead we get to see an awkward teen afraid of its flaws hiding them under the rug.

Act 3

The Reign of Legacy

Exposing someone for a lie is difficult. Without evidence in clear black and white you only have specs to go off of. A quiet tug here and there, questions being unanswered. In most cases the innocent have no problems answering questions. Since they have nothing to hide they often find themselves spilling information out by the gallon. In this case I had to search, for a way out, a way that would allow people who trust and follow me to press on, while ridding ourselves of the liar, but also retaining that which we earned. During this time Disposable Heroes had waged a war pitting as many hands of the west as they could to favor them for the intention of the Kraken. Rotations, all of this talk about rotations. Many meetings were had, most of which wanted Eclipse to pit its forces against our friends in Legacy to imbalance the sides of war in their favor. One would have to ask the question of stupidity though, what made them think we would go against a legion who has been from day one nothing but supportive toward our efforts? And certainly backstabbing this attempt at pulling us away would only lead us further apart by attacking us during an attempt with our...friends. But in the midsts of this turmoil, Eclipse was finally able to openly choose sides, swaying the "Great Alliance" with something greater. The "Great Alliance" was destroyed, quite speedily if you think about it. And in the wake of this battle an even greater Alliance was forged. One that would remove Eclipses dirty laundry, and propel Legacy into a proverbial God Mode. Talks were had, suspicions were raised against the one who juggles. And in the end whether or not it was publicly stated or left quiet, Heedmar Castle would be overturned by Legacy willingly or not, through a "merger" of sorts. The decision was made and a date was set to form the all new MEGACY...ahem...MEGALIPSE...excuse me...."Legacy". What once was 80-100 men, would now be 200+ of the most well geared dedicated thirsty power players in the entire west. The largest, strongest force the entire server has ever seen. Once simple tasks that maybe required 2 or 3 merchant ships were soon propelled into 20 or more. Tank brigades of 70+ armed vehicles lined boss stages. Simple tree farms with only a few hundred, changed into a few thousand. Maneuvers that once required only 50 men would push 100 to 150 moving simultaneously. 20+ galleons at any naval confrontations beckon call. Swarms of bodies cutting through any opposition before the server had time to calculate your death.
    The stage was set Legacy was an immovable object, nothing on the entire server including overpowered castle walls could stop it. So the mission was made, to capture all 4 castles of auroria. Marcala, and Calmlands would have their stakes already claimed, Heedmar would be merged into the new immovable force, all that would be left would be 1 castle held by Exodus, the last haranyan front. While their forces were nothing compared to the mountain of Legacy bodies, their castle stood so every Haranyan with a sharp weapon would stand with them to defend it.
    But stories mean nothing compared to an actual battle, take a look for yourself. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAyT6tqQp9g

Cloak and Dagger

Being alive as an overpowering force is....difficult. Every move you make has to sway the earth beneath you. Everything you say echos for days. Everything you do is watched and calculated. Every mistake you make is assumed as conspiracy. We were victorious, we put in mountains of effort, time, and concentration. Slamming world boss after world boss repeatedly, growing every step of the way. We were the Illuminati, the Devil, and guardian angels all rolled into one. Divinity should have been the guild name at this point. Every line of faction chat would ring out Legacy...you couldn't go 5 minutes without mention of the title. As flattering as that would seem to some, this obsession soon turned into venom. I sit in my channel, more managing, more organizing, more chit chat....the infrastructure of an Empire never stops running. But instead of my inbox being filled with "recruit me" "let me join". It was being filled with the whoa and strife of anyone downtrodden. "Help us" "Help me" "Save us" "Save me" "I lost this" "He/she said this" "The east is dying pls mercy" "We are simple farmers pls mercy". Constant whining. This side of me I will admit is weak. Because I've always listened to the needs of the less fortunate, I always like hearing both sides. I always like "Helping". But...how do you help someone who has the world at their fingertips. The answer is simple....you can't.

White Widow

I looked back at all the people I had brought with me along this adventure. Some friends, some foes turned friends, some friends since the beginning. And when I stopped to take a look at all of their faces, I realized. They were tired. They were all so, tired. These were friends, farmers, common men and women dedicated to following myself and others to attain greatness. But when greatness was finally found, the effort put forth proved fatal. Inner turmoil proved even the most upbeat hearts like Sir Croney and his band of yatatas a challenge to uphold while continuing to support the conquerors of Auroria. Sir Randy Thine Rhino would grow weary of his tasks. Gray the wanderer would grow impatient, the most level headed and calculated of them all. Time tic tics away, and like that, they would fall away from this mindless endeavor. The story in the front page says this was due to "Taxes". But I know the real reason. You can only push a horse so far before his tendons break and fatigue sets in. But something different set in for me. I was constantly surrounded by conversations in the shadows. "Someone has to fill the power vacuum of the east" "The power of legacy is killing us, there has to be balance" "We always knew he was skimming from the top". Shadow talk. Constantly in my ears. I had gone from filling materials and preparing gear initiatives and assigning tasks, to unofficially hiring the likes of Arcono to assassinate an already weak eastern front. When people came to me tired, I let them go, but without giving a sincere goodbye. When the weak were found of our own west I would murder them. I had grown callous, indifferent, colder, and much stronger. Infestation. Still to this day, informants, vying for attention, or a spot at mercy. But during these times, mercy could not be found. Not for anyone, including myself. If it moved it was dead. We had weaved webs constantly pushing and pulling every piece into place until the thread ran out. Now that there was no more thread, the shadows could no longer weave. So everything went...quiet. So I created a flag. The White Widow. To signify the silence. Wars and battles continued during this time, but soon after those battles peaked it was time for Legacy to leave the field. And we did just that. The remaining castles would be given to those who were worthy of defending them, and the flag would be lowered. The game was won, the goals were complete. Now it was time to move on. Garms Tide, No Hesitation, and Fatality....maybe through this balance would be restored as the soldiers rested. Sleep was much appreciated by everyone at this point. But would it last forever? Maybe....but maybe this isn't the end of this story. Maybe you'd like to hear the part where the Empire Strikes back....if you are...maybe you should say so, but if you didn't enjoy this, maybe you're not ready for what happened next.
    Truth:

Everybody kept asking about what enla was like or what happened etc etc, but every time I saw one of these posts it made me vomit because the poster was either a full on troll or hasn't been there since the beginning. So, for the sake of clarity I wrote a chronology in a...novelesque form to show what happened. Everything in this is true....exaggerated to an extend for story book quality but...true. Some names and guilds were left out because they were either non factors or didn't appear in the main view of world events.
    Truth:

Quote Originally Posted by LokiDaKid View Post
    Your chapters not ready yet, you don't show up until after act 3.
    Truth:

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda Delux View Post
    Your chapters not ready yet, you don't show up until after act 3.
    omggg the suspense is killing me

tl;dr

lol legacy
    FATALITY
    <Lethal>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast