+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Saph FOV Mod bugged, This seems a bit game breaking... @scapes

The first screenshot in this thread is Forestcrow using super zoom. http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...vP-on-Aranzeb&

Oh no, we can finally scroll out as far as we should have been able to in the first place.

:gamebreaking:

This thing has been around since before they "ok'd" it. How do you think people originally scooped up so much land? Standing at a distance on top of another building or mountain it's fairly easy to snipe land.

Quote Originally Posted by Dullsmile View Post
    This thing has been around since before they "ok'd" it. How do you think people originally scooped up so much land? Standing at a distance on top of another building or mountain it's fairly easy to snipe land.
    You still need to be within the minimum required distance of the plot to be able to place the design.

Tested on KR/RU Gameguard actually blocks this mod (You can't roll/unroll scripts anymore), so enjoy it while it lasts?

AA settings really does need an in game slider to go up to 90 FoV though as that isn't gamebreaking.

its the max camera distance that's being abused.

Anyways Whatever is being abused is against the ToS. I have seen the Saph FoV mod and it barely ups it. and @darth tickles, are you ignorant ? being able to see all of freedich isnt game breaking? being able to godswhip over boxes in 5's and behind enemy line up to spots you normally cant?
    And good this needs to be blocked( IMO gameguard is exactly like hackshield )... The reason we why a little FoV is 1. Its a bit more realistic 2. If you can see an entire area there will be no surprises to come to you.
    IE either grabbing land , seeing stashed packs , finding pearls easier , seeing haulers , seeing TS's anything. Scapes didn't ok being able to have an all seeing eye.
    he okay'd a minor mod [Saph's] to being able to not have the camera so close.
    and Cake if you take Saph's mod you can bug it out to do exactly whats in the screenshot... and it still renders everything.
    took it to PTS to test and I could see over the castle and everything around it and inside..
    It's yet another bug/exploit from privileges Trino trys to let people have.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekhua View Post
    Cake if you take Saph's mod you can bug it out to do exactly whats in the screenshot... and it still renders everything.
    took it to PTS to test and I could see over the castle and everything around it and inside..
    It's yet another bug/exploit from privileges Trino trys to let people have.
    I understand but I don't really see the need to complain ;p when gameguard with patch 2.0 blocks all .CFG settings from being changed in cvargroups (option_camera_fov-set, option_view_distance etc). AA will not load even if you do an unroll/roll script method on RU servers. Maybe someone will find a way to beat the new version of gameguard for FoV (But its going to be a struggle). Its encryption is 100% better than hackshield and it gets updated much more frequently = better security.

yes, but even games like Aion that have used it.. didn't fix MMoninja or any of the botting or glide hacks or scripts...
    and they will always find new ways sadly, just reporting the Bugged FoV mod that was not intended to be used like this.

If u pick Action mode the camera is close. If you pick Classic Mode the camera zooms out.
    Its just a DEFAULT option set by the game WITHOUT any mods what so ever. A fresh clean install of archeage will do this.

The only difference here in his screenshots is that if fov 90 mod (confirmed legal by celestrata and scapes) is being used then your field of view feels huge if ur not used to it. Then u add the extra step back of the camera that happens with the default clean game settings and boom u see over the crates. Nothing bugs out as some of u think. Its just the standard settings of the game working with a field of view set at 90 degrees. The guy in original screenshot did nothing illegal at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    You have to realize that Trion always sides with cheaters.
    I don't think Trion intentionally sides with cheaters in any way, but I think they should ban all modifications to the game including FOV mod if its not in options its illegal to modify.

Also both Game-Guard, and Hack Shield are easy to bypass, and Multiboxing will still be possible by using VM's, as long as players aren't cheating I don't care what they do, and god knows what Game Guard, and Hack Shield do, they can spy on your personal information while they are running always been a concern for me, as both Anti Cheats, have their own Third Party terms of service which often Trion, game companies make you aware of.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NProtect_GameGuard

GameGuard hides the game application process, monitors the entire memory range, terminates applications defined by the game vendor and INCA Internet to be cheats (QIP for example), blocks certain calls to Direct X functions and Windows APIs, keylogs your keyboard input[citation needed], and auto-updates itself to change as new possible threats surface.
    The point is simple, Instead of putting Anti Cheat client side they should rather work on server side like to stop teleport hacking, Radar Hackers will always exist, I have seen a lot of these cheat users most have either left or been banned, but there are still a few around instead Trion should look for players who commonly know exactly where others are all the time when there is no possible way for someone to know where X user is especially when it comes to trade packs then take action.

If you want to learn more about Anti-Cheats there are plenty of YouTube videos which explains about how they all work, but to be clear there are three things.

1.) I like the game as it currently is without anti-cheat it loads and plays faster less buggy.

2.) I don't trust Anti Cheats, due to obvious reasons of personal information being stolen, and third party TOS most game companies do not even make its players aware that there is an Anti Cheat, or there is a different TOS you agree to prior to it automatically installing.

3.) I hate cheaters.

Oh and windows 10 users be aware.

GameGuard and X-Trap are explicitly preventing games to run on Windows 10 Technical Preview, even though the operating system is compatible and available for public testing since 1 October 2014.
    Lets also not talk about the performance decrease when doing other tasks, security problems, or installation issues game-guard causes to peoples computers, I honestly might Uninstall ArcheAge before long and look for a different game perhaps Black Desert.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast