+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I'm not quiting (yet) BUT...

I'm not quiting (yet) BUT...

This latest kick in the customers crotch from Trion does make it a lot harder to have fun in the game.

I served four years of active duty in the US Marines in the 60s. I'm still alive and enjoying life. Trion can't make this too tuff for me... But, over half of my guild mates HAVE quit over Trions recent BS.

Many of us had a lot of land, no ♥♥♥♥, we've been playing since Alpha. We're on a very high pop server so the recent mergers don't have a big impact on us but... Many of us had Diamond Shores property. I personally had 1 Mansion, 3 x Gazebo, 1 Tidal Bungalow, and 2 x 16x16 ALL in Diamond Shores! We don't lose our DS property but I get 50 tax certs as part of my 'compensation package' to help me place my 'full kits'. Hell, it cost me more than 50 tax certs to just place the Mansion!

So, when isn't a full kit full? Answer: When it comes from Trion / XL Games.

Sure, I've bought some extra tax certs and I'll buy some more. This scam is a good way to sell tax certs and Labor on the marketplace but it's driving away a LOT of customers. Please rethink what's in a 'full kit' prior to today's Live Stream.

Thanks for reading, Mac
    MacDeath of Rift and Defiance Archeum Founder & Patron

Wink

I may be blunt here but, saying that you served in the us has no link whatsoever with the topic..or are you trying to use that to attempt influence the pov of people reading you? Anyway you knew for like 3 months that Ds was going to be erased..which means you had 90days to get your taxes ready..and Well with 2800lb/day yiu could have spent one or 2 days crafting them... Well you didnt plan to spend them on that? Guess what a player has to adapt to the game and not the opposite... If you want to leave, please do so but stop expecting game to always evolve on your way

This doesn't have any affect on me at all but I couldn't agree with you more, I get the Archeage Free To Play money grab, but there has to be fairness involved. This is the first FTP game if it was a full subscription game it would be the best game ive played since Ultima Online or Dark Age of Camelot, I deal with the PTW portion of the game, but theres so much top end money grabbing for EVERY SINGLE THING in this game is based on keeping you semi reliant on the marketplace at some point there has to be fair play involved here... some of you guys bought your land for upwards of 20K + you had countless hours invested in your area, I couldn't imagine the heartdropping thud you felt when you learned of being uprooted,

at a bare minimum you should get EVERY SINGLE MAT needed to rebuild along with all the tax certificates.... Along with a perks that aren't available to any other player in your compensation packs.... Anything less is a huge slight on the affected players and it grossly unfair from XL//Trion....

If this didn't happen so often I wouldn't feel any need to post this but really enough is enough... If I did this as a construction contractor to my clients id be out of business...

They just vastly underestimate how much tax certs were lost in the deposits... I have HUNDREDS of tax certs locked in my property deposits. 50-150 tax certs are nowhere near enough to cover that loss.

500-1000 tax certs per account involved is much more reasonable for a COMPENSATION package.
    Shakkara - Kyprosa East

Its a good thing. You taking up that much land by yourself is being greedy when there are tons of people trying to get a simple farm. It doesn't effect me personally, I'm just saying. Sure its nice for you to have all that land and its XL games fault for making it that way...but you won't get any sympathy from anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasalle View Post
    If I did this as a construction contractor to my clients id be out of business...
    Believe me, a large majority doesn't read this forum. They just cough up the money and play on until they get bored and go somewhere else. Actually, I play on Eanna, and thousands there don't even speak English.
    Thousands and thousands are gladly paying up and don't care about what happens to your construction company. They have no clue what all that racket is about in this forum.
    They are the reason why complaining hardily works, if you keep on forking over the money.

__________________________________________________ __________________

Proud member of <Independent Traders> Eanna (EU)
    Not a member of those big alliances with their megalomaniac leaders!
    Bringer of Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by Luniliel View Post
    I may be blunt here but, saying that you served in the us has no link whatsoever with the topic...
    Agreed, I do not see any relevance other than an attempt to give what he wrote some more weight. A failed attempt if you ask me. However I do not share your view on the other point, inadequate compensation has nothing to do with how a player should or should not adapt to a game. No matter how you spin it, inadequate compensation is inadequate compensation, in that I find the OP's concern quite valid.

You work for your land or you luck for it.

And you do not, being lazy and/or casual player, insult the hard work of landowner-type players.

He gets my sympathy. Not that it will help him, or me.

Tax deposits we lose being larger than the COMPENSATION for losing them...

Oh yeah and the 50/150 tax certs may be "up to 48hrs" late for the land rush.

No amount of white knighting can lessen the impact of these affronts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayley View Post
    Its a good thing. You taking up that much land by yourself is being greedy when there are tons of people trying to get a simple farm. It doesn't effect me personally, I'm just saying. Sure its nice for you to have all that land and its XL games fault for making it that way...but you won't get any sympathy from anyone.
    It is not a good thing & he get my sympathy as do all the poeple that Trion have royally shafted. In future dont you dare speak on my behalf or any one else.

Quote Originally Posted by Luniliel View Post
    I may be blunt here but, saying that you served in the us has no link whatsoever with the topic..or are you trying to use that to attempt influence the pov of people reading you? Anyway you knew for like 3 months that Ds was going to be erased..which means you had 90days to get your taxes ready..and Well with 2800lb/day yiu could have spent one or 2 days crafting them... Well you didnt plan to spend them on that? Guess what a player has to adapt to the game and not the opposite... If you want to leave, please do so but stop expecting game to always evolve on your way
    Ah sorry to have caused you any confusion. I posted that I was in the Corps for 4 years of active duty to show that I CAN handle tuff treatment. In my mind it WAS germane to the topic.
    MacDeath of Rift and Defiance Archeum Founder & Patron

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast