+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: Does everyone really see the big picture here?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Mermaid's Tear
    Posts
    799

    Does everyone really see the big picture here?

    Trion says 10% logged in for 30 min, while 90% could not log in. To fix this issue, they are going to have the servers rerolled back to the beginning, AND, have them start at different times. The last part of that last sentence is key here.

    So, instead of having 10% logged in and grabbed some land, now, you will have all of EU to deal with when trying to get NA land, and EU will have all of NA do deal with the land rush.

    If one were so inclined to believe in conspiracy theories... Sounds like this may have been planned all along? Because no one, able to understand any form of logic, would think this was a good idea!

  2. #2
    Junior Member Ishen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    24
    the thing i find funny is all my guild got in game, and we are all in different timezone (Canada, Quebec, Ontario, a few scattered over the Us) and there was over 10 people in the spots we wanted. So in fact im pretty sure Trion is lying to us about that rollback.

    Now my gf working tomorrow and we got some land today, what its gonna be tommorow now....

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Mermaid's Tear
    Posts
    799
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishen View Post
    the thing i find funny is all my guild got in game, and we are all in different timezone (Canada, Quebec, Ontario, a few scattered over the Us) and there was over 10 people in the spots we wanted. So in fact im pretty sure Trion is lying to us about that rollback.

    Now my gf working tomorrow and we got some land today, what its gonna be tommorow now....
    I am sorry to hear that, and I don't feel really strong that a rollback was needed, however, the fact that instead of failing when everyone logs in at one time, giving EU time to get EU land, and NA time to get their land, now they will have everyone logging in at two times. Not only creating a chance for their servers to crash twice, but also having many MANY more people competing for land

  4. #4
    Member Keybo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishen View Post
    the thing i find funny is all my guild got in game, and we are all in different timezone (Canada, Quebec, Ontario, a few scattered over the Us) and there was over 10 people in the spots we wanted. So in fact im pretty sure Trion is lying to us about that rollback.

    Now my gf working tomorrow and we got some land today, what its gonna be tommorow now....
    sorry mate, only 3 people out of around 150 people in my alliance made to game. everyone else? including myself, we all couldnt log in to game. We all from different countries, some from Asia(the opening hour was 4-5am to them, so they stood up all night), some from US, Canada, and south America, Europe, and etc.. we all had different timezones, but we all waited to log in to grab lands.
    only 3 guys got few lands..

    we think only 10%(or less) of players logged in to the game.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Mermaid's Tear
    Posts
    799
    My God, how is everyone missing the big picture here?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Gegoben View Post
    My God, how is everyone missing the big picture here?
    Stop beating around the bush and state your point clearly then........

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Mermaid's Tear
    Posts
    799
    Lets say NA had 50k people logging in, and EU and 30k logging. All trying to grab land at the same time.

    Now that they are making them different times, we will have maybe 70k people logging into NA, and maybe 60k logging into EU.

    How does this make it better?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Gegoben View Post
    Lets say NA had 50k people logging in, and EU and 30k logging. All trying to grab land at the same time.

    Now that they are making them different times, we will have maybe 70k people logging into NA, and maybe 60k logging into EU.

    How does this make it better?
    Or I dunno, people could for once not be dicks and log into the main server they play instead of trying to exploit?
    Truth:


    Trion and XL games hates everything I say because its the truth and stings like fire.
    Exposing the weaknesses in your circuit would send most to react in a way to fix the chain.
    Instead we get to see an awkward teen afraid of its flaws hiding them under the rug.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Mermaid's Tear
    Posts
    799
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda Delux View Post
    Or I dunno, people could for once not be dicks and log into the main server they play instead of trying to exploit?
    This thread would not exist if this actually happened, lets stay focused peeps.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by Gegoben View Post
    This thread would not exist if this actually happened, lets stay focused peeps.
    That isn't what the problem was. The authentication servers couldn't handle the load. It had absolutely nothing to do with people trying to exploit. Get a grip man.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts