+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Does everyone really see the big picture here?

Not everyone is going to do that though. I'm legacy NA, I have zero intention of logging into EU or the fresh start servers for land, I'm sure I'm not the only one who simply wanted to get on and upgrade their houses today.

Everyone in NA is saying the same thing about EU coming over here and snatching our land.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooth View Post
    I don't understand why all of you people screaming doomsday can't remember that those who are on evolution servers have kits to drop. By the time someone who wasn't on one of the merged servers prior to the merge comes in, creates a toon, gets enough gilda for a design and drops that design I will have dropped all of my kits. If they were already on the servers that merged and had land then it should very well be available to them to reclaim some land. If you are talking about the fresh start servers, then it really doesn't make a bit of a difference either way as no one is losing out and everyone has the same opportunity.
    Competing for land with 30k people vs 60k people wont make much of a difference? Sugar coat it if you like, but it all tastes foul.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooth View Post
    I don't understand why all of you people screaming doomsday can't remember that those who are on evolution servers have kits to drop. By the time someone who wasn't on one of the merged servers prior to the merge comes in, creates a toon, gets enough gilda for a design and drops that design I will have dropped all of my kits. If they were already on the servers that merged and had land then it should very well be available to them to reclaim some land. If you are talking about the fresh start servers, then it really doesn't make a bit of a difference either way as no one is losing out and everyone has the same opportunity.
    You are not thinking. Many very smart players from the legacy servers created accounts on the merging servers and grabbed land when it was announced. They built that land and lots of it with the intent to steal it and sell it back for large amounts of gold. Those players will all have kits too. So they get to go to their land grab in DS if they want and then have plenty of time to screw with the other openings.

It is all about the chosen ones on the legacy servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystriss View Post
    Not everyone is going to do that though. I'm legacy NA, I have zero intention of logging into EU or the fresh start servers for land, I'm sure I'm not the only one who simply wanted to get on and upgrade their houses today.
    I did not say everyone would do this, I threw out rough numbers. The point is, this is creating a much worse situation. Is anyone reading this post able to understand me?

Quote Originally Posted by Gegoben View Post
    Lets say NA had 50k people logging in, and EU and 30k logging. All trying to grab land at the same time.

Now that they are making them different times, we will have maybe 70k people logging into NA, and maybe 60k logging into EU.

How does this make it better?
    Or I dunno, people could for once not be dicks and log into the main server they play instead of trying to exploit?
    Truth:

Trion and XL games hates everything I say because its the truth and stings like fire.
    Exposing the weaknesses in your circuit would send most to react in a way to fix the chain.
    Instead we get to see an awkward teen afraid of its flaws hiding them under the rug.

Lets say NA had 50k people logging in, and EU and 30k logging. All trying to grab land at the same time.

Now that they are making them different times, we will have maybe 70k people logging into NA, and maybe 60k logging into EU.

How does this make it better?
    What's stopping that from happening today at 1pm? If they wanted the land, they'd be around to get it...

If I /were/ interested in land on an evo or fresh start, then I would have logged in there instead of legacy to begin with. After all Legacy only get DS which quite frankly was pretty cheap to begin with on my server (like max 500g for a 16x16, 800g for a 24x24)

So I mean in the long run, having them staggered vs having them all launch at the same time doesn't eliminate those who /would/ have logged into the evo or fresh /just/ to claim land and sell it.

What it resolves is a) load on the authentication server and b) makes sure that stuffs working for evo and fresh (as Legacy will be testing it first.)

Trying to get as basic as I can here.

Rollback: the 10% that got it, really doesn't like this idea.

Staggered launch: creates 2 separate launches, NA and EU, making land competition MUCH worse.

Trion has decided to combine both ideas. They are going to take away from those that made it in the game, and they are going to take away possibilities of getting land, from those that never even got in on the first merge.

Trying to get as basic as I can here.

Rollback: the 10% that got it, really doesn't like this idea.

Staggered launch: creates 2 separate launches, NA and EU, making land competition MUCH worse.

Trion has decided to combine both ideas. They are going to take away from those that made it in the game, and they are going to take away possibilities of getting land, from those that never even got in on the first merge.
    It's not any different than before. Na/Eu could've done the same thing today if that were the case. It's not as bad as you think, listen and watch...stop opening your mouth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast