Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: How is this rollback fair for me?

How is this rollback fair for me?

When diamond shores were opened, i rushed, got my land. Kept it till now. 2 gazeebos, 1 medium scarecrow 1 aquahouse. It was my main land spot.
    Now Trion stole this away from me, yes, STOLE my deposit taxes, gave me some ♥♥♥♥ty title compensation and told to rush for land again. Not to mention how generous they were for freedish, hundreds of gold per smallest scarecrow. They said they dont want to give gold because it would harm the economy. Guess what Trion? You harm economy every day by ♥♥♥♥ty timings on aa event and somehow you dont fix this gold blast for the economy.

So back to the topic, they told me to rush my land again, yesterday. 6th animation loop and I got in, rushed, took half of my lost land and got disconnected before I could place all that I lost.

And now? Now I wake up and read about rollbacks. Great, I don't think I will be able to log in to the game at this time, so thank You Trion for screwing me over and over untill i lost most of my land thanks to your incompetence. I guess I'll have to stick to this 8x8 scarecrow I got left for smuggling packs in the middle of the ocean.

It's not about making it fair for you. It's about making it fair for everyone.
    I've started to support global warming in the hope that it will melt all the snowflakes...

People don't seem to understand what fair means...

Everyone lost their land and was told they would get an equal chance to regain everything after the merger, the loggin servers got messed up and you got in when majority of community could not, you did not get in under equal or fair circumstances, you were lucky.

I think the ppl that got in should be able to keep atleast 1 of their property as it wasnt their fault but it's totally unfair to to the majority that a few could log in and take up so much space within the short time servers were up because they had little to no competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Shantar View Post
    It's not about making it fair for you. It's about making it fair for everyone.
    So i dare you, make it fair for everyone including me and others in situation like mine. Because the current "solution" is not fair for everyone incase you didnt notice.

Quote Originally Posted by qembek View Post
    So i dare you, make it fair for everyone including me and others in situation like mine. Because the current "solution" is not fair for everyone incase you didnt notice.
    how is it not? You have the chance as everyone else now to get land.

Quote Originally Posted by Trystrun View Post
    People don't seem to understand what fair means...
    The people who do not seem to know the meaning of fair are Trion. They take peoples land away with this server merge and do nothing to make the land distribution on the new server fair. If there had been no land rush I can almost guarantee that they would no have had these verification issues. They were told many times how unfair Land rush was and the issues it would cause and many fairer options were suggested but they chose to ignore that and go for land rush.

They say it is a bug in Glyph, but how come I managed to log 3 characters on on 3 different computers? First character was straight in, but the others went through the cinematic loop. I had to keep Ctrl-Alt-Del to get out of it and kept trying over and over till they eventually got in around 20 minutes after the restart. So I dont think it was a bug, but just overload with the number of people trying to log in at the same time. If this is correct then we are very likely to have similar problems again.

What do they do if this happens again? do they keep rolling back till eventually they reach a percentage where they feel enough got on for the land rush? How would this be fair to people who dont get on? How is this roll back fair to people who took time off yesterday to be there for the land rush but cant be there today? How is it fair for people who were lucky enough to get land on the failed restart and are not lucky enough to get some next time?

Everyone's idea of what is fair is different and it mainly depends on how they are affected.

Quote Originally Posted by brasteir View Post
    how is it not? You have the chance as everyone else now to get land.
    Nope, I had this chance yesterday. Now i got almost no chances to be there when servers launch

Quote Originally Posted by qembek View Post
    Nope, I had this chance yesterday. Now i got almost no chances to be there when servers launch
    No, you had a better than average chance yesterday when almost nobody could get on. 90% of the population was not afforded the same chance. Some of that 90% were also people who lost lands in the server merges.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaos View Post
    The people who do not seem to know the meaning of fair are Trion. They take peoples land away with this server merge and do nothing to make the land distribution on the new server fair. If there had been no land rush I can almost guarantee that they would no have had these verification issues.
    Agreed. If i would get COMPENSATION not a robbery from this land loss I would just aim to take it back during land rush or use compensation gold to buy spots somewhere else. But no, compensation gold is bad, lets just steal your deposit taxes so you will be forced to use market when we turn the servers on.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast