+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: A Lesson in Cookie Compensation

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    304

    Lightbulb A Lesson in Cookie Compensation

    Mom baked cookies, awesome...we love the cookies Mom bakes. However, sometimes Mom makes a mistake and burns the cookies, or the oven's heating element has gone wonky, causing them to burn.

    Is Mom (who is already feeling defeated for having burnt the cookies) then somehow under obligation to supply you with a cookie-baked-to-perfection, because she accidentally burned them, or the heating element went out, causing you to suffer the loss of what was expected to be a perfectly baked cookie? Absolutely not; she never promised you at any point in time that her cookies would never burn.

    Go buy a damn Oreo if you don't like Mom's cookies. As for me, I'll stick with Mom's...even the burnt ones. Why? Because I know those perfect batches of cookies are well worth the unpleasantry of tolerating the burnt ones.

    If you think this analogy is a poor parallel, you're wrong. This is not a matter of paying for a service that we are not receiving. This is a matter of demanding compensation for cookies you knew were burnt, rather than focusing on the ones that were baked to perfection. For all that Trion does wrong, far greater are the things they do right.

    Like I said...go find another bloody cookie if you don't like Mom's. Picking out every little burnt morsel and criticizing it, doesn't give Mom the motivation she needs to bake better cookies the next time. All you're doing is fueling Mom's feeling of defeat, and the sheer magnitude of the criticism is sure to aid in another burnt batch the next go-round.

    Trion is a company, yes. They are also human beings. Try lifting them up with encouragement, rather than tearing them down with your nastiness!

    [EDIT]
    In reply to those attempting theabsurd argument of "I pay money for this game, I don't pay Mom to bake cookies."

    Decent attempt at trolling, but you can do better. Unfortunately, I'm very familiar with trolls, and this argument is weaker than a baby turtle fighting its way through its own excrement, as are most on this forum.

    YOU choose to pay Trion your money, they never phsyically forced you to financially fund them. JUST like Mom never forced you to eat her burnt cookies. You people crack me up, though...really.

    Keep criticizing the company responsible for bringing you ArcheAge in the first place. Had Khro and Amary (and their worker bees) not fought for publishing rights to ArcheAge, NA wouldn't be playing it.
    I love the chocolate on the end of my nose.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    180
    What exactly did they do right? Or is your version of 'doing right' shafting 10% of their base?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by merced256 View Post
    What exactly did they do right? Or is your version of 'doing right' shafting 10% of their base?
    Ah the old, "I got mine, so everything was fair!"

  4. #4
    Senior Member Angaels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    472
    lol OP.. Apparently you haven't been around since Alpha.. Mom's cookies seem to be burnt close to 90% of the time.. She has to keep making a new batch due to that fact, and then throwing us candy to appease us instead of just getting it right the first of MANY times. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't happen as often, matter of fact I might not trust her cooking and just go to the restaurant. Oh, and by the by, we don't pay mom to make those cookies.. WE do pay Trion.. SO much like a restaurant, they should not screw up on 4 out of the 5 meals they make or they go out of business..

    Mom's aren't replaceable.. Trion is..

    As far as the compensation, Id rather have a working game and publisher I can trust to do the job right 90% of the time.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    258
    What a stupid scenario you've attempted to play out for us in defense of Trion. If you paid mom to make cookies and she burned them repeatedly would you continue to pay her or find a new baker? If mom continually lied to your face saying yeah the cookies are fine, and you took a bite and not only did your cookie taste like dog ♥♥♥♥, but it was burnt as well I'm fairly certain your trust would have been shattered long ago, and your frustration would be at an all time high.

    In the real world Trion is not your mom, they are a company providing you with a product that a majority of us pay for. They continue to make excuses for failing to meet deadlines THEY have set. Then ignore the concerns of the community that pays for their product (no these aren't free cookies from mom) while making up lies and excuses to temporarily appease the masses. Releasing new content without testing is inexcusable.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonik View Post
    What a stupid scenario you've attempted to play out for us in defense of Trion. If you paid mom to make cookies and she burned them repeatedly would you continue to pay her or find a new baker? If mom continually lied to your face saying yeah the cookies are fine, and you took a bite and not only did your cookie taste like dog ♥♥♥♥, but it was burnt as well I'm fairly certain your trust would have been shattered long ago, and your frustration would be at an all time high.

    In the real world Trion is not your mom, they are a company providing you with a product that a majority of us pay for. They continue to make excuses for failing to meet deadlines THEY have set. Then ignore the concerns of the community that pays for their product (no these aren't free cookies from mom) while making up lies and excuses to temporarily appease the masses. Releasing new content without testing is inexcusable.
    I would continue to pay her (in response to your first question). I would never find an alternative baker, simply because I know that when the cookies turn out right, they are the best cookies able to be purchased.

    FYI: Calling my analogy "stupid" does not effect me (I apologize, if that was your intent, it failed).

    With regard to failed deadlines, I find your statement humorous. You haven't the foggiest idea how long I've been keeping tabs on this company; longer than anyone who started with participation in ArcheAge's Alpha phase, and longer than I've been playing ArcheAge myself. I find it humorous because deadlines have been met on time, and in some cases, far in advance of the proposed time. However, it's only those deadlines which aren't met, that people read about. Heaven forbid anyone stand the hell up and be the voice of truth.
    I love the chocolate on the end of my nose.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquility View Post
    I would continue to pay her (in response to your first question). I would never find an alternative baker, simply because I know that when the cookies turn out right, they are the best cookies able to be purchased.

    FYI: Calling my analogy "stupid" does not effect me (I apologize, if that was your intent, it failed).
    Calling your analogy stupid, which it was, and calling you stupid are not the same thing. If I meant to insult you I would have called you an idiot, which I didn't.

    Analogy made no sense and it was pointless hence it being stupid.

  8. #8
    Senior Member AngryYoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    529
    If i had a cookie every time mum made perfectly baked cookies, i would have half a cookie.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Angaels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    472
    MMMmmmm cookies for breakfast.. That's pretty much all I got from this thread

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    144
    That's why when my mom feeds me burnt cookies I just hit her. She'll learn soon enough.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts