+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: West get your act together.

On like Donkey Kong baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharza View Post
    Its so backwards that its hilarious. I understand that healers need honor too. But since the main PVP gems come from honor. Shouldnt Initiators get the bulk of honor? Hell. i can think of only 1 time when i was over 10k honor. And that was all gone trying to gem toughness into my pants so that i could survive long enough to gain a little bit more honor.
    It happens in every game with open world PvP lol... sadly. But healers have a unique edge in AA, I think. Songcraft makes honour farming a hell of a lot easier XD

Quote Originally Posted by Altimar View Post
    Do 5s. The honor from world PvP isn't that great anyway.
    Thing is, it should be... and probably would be, if we had proper wars regularly (which will hopefully be the case, assuming people keep showing up to PvP calls).
    Dayman
    -O-
    Lv. 55 Fighter of the Nightman
    -O-
    Champion of <The Sun>
    -O-

Master of Karate - and Friendship! - for everyone

All the people who transfered off Naima and Enla are missing out because Kraken is turning out to be an amazing server with lots of pvp and good numbers on both sides ^.^
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ղℓαni Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Guild: Incendiary Server: Kraken Faction: West Class: 55 Enigmatist

Quote Originally Posted by forty View Post
    West pugs get really discouraged when it's not a guaranteed win

It's a vicious cycle
    I disagree
    During OCE west has been turning up no matter what.
    We currently pull the same numbers that we had all through our domination period, now the tide has changed, we are still pulling the people. The pugs of the west are generally pretty reliable.
    Tommy
    ❤❤❤

Just accept it, as before when east won months in a row. Now with more population east will once again return to winning Halcy consecutively. #comeherewarriormedals

Quote Originally Posted by Daevough View Post
    Just accept it, as before when east won months in a row. Now with more population east will once again return to winning Halcy consecutively. #comeherewarriormedals
    If you want warrior medals go to MM/ put those coins towards 15xmedals. Why you would prefer telling people to accept defeat, losing their interest and not showing up, ultimately preventing you from earning ~500honor + a challenging enjoyable experience for the sake of 5 warrior medals is beyond me.
    Yam Disciple Dream Evil - Catalyst - Tango Swiffles

WORLD CHAMPS

I have to agree with the whole honor thing and healers getting a lot of honor while us initiators are most of the time at negative honor. Songs gain like 3-5 honor per assist. Honor gain formula needs to be reworked to something like 1st hit + damage dealt/damage recieved + last hit, per player. Just at the earlier medium sized 3 faction battle at DS I was at negative most of the time. I only got to positive when the numbers dwindled and I was able to take fights without dying.

Concerning what swiffles said, the west is still pretty much stuck at the "heavy hitter meta". Prioritizing quick kills, heavy damage and solo ability. YOU CAN'T DPS IF YOU'RE LOCKED DOWN. Also, all that dps can't do ♥♥♥♥ when you're hitting their tanky initiators backed by heals. Get a little more synergy in your builds please. I'd love to see more Reapers, Doomlords, Planeshifters, Archons, Tricksters, and so on instead of everyone being paladins, abolishers, stone arrows, primes and darkrunners. Also, when initiators like me, tinksy and cclaymore go in everyone should follow and maintain 20m range from us. Do not focus their initiators, specially not the ones with 5k+ GS and 3k toughness. They will not die as long as their back line with all the squishy mages and healers don't die.
    This strat is not secret, in fact it's basic stuff. Expect to die if you come to Halcy. Come for a good fight not for free honor, you will get none here.
    -Notatrap <Pacifists>

EDIT: Also, boneyards and float.

Songs honor needs to be nerfed for sure... maybe halve the honor gain to 2 per assist.

Just remember, in small 3v3 pvp, 2v2 pvp or solo pvp healers often struggle to get honor... while the DPS can get up to 400-500 from last hits ~20 honor with pot - healers will struggle to make 100.

Songcraft/healing honor halved... (2 per assist) brings in line with following buffs:
    Change it so tanks/engages gain honor from assists similar to healing (2 per assist) except the requirement is they take damage from a killed target or CC a killed target, they get assist.
    Buff last hits slightly for DPS (20 per kill and 2 per assist)... with good gear it is easy to do enough damage to get assists and plenty of kills with AoE.

Otherwise take a simplistic approach (like SWG NGE)
    Revamp the entire system and give anyone engaged in pvp combat within 150m (x) amount of honor for an enemy being killed in set area... with a triple/quadruple bonus for last hits.
    Tommy
    ❤❤❤

Quote Originally Posted by j0shst3r View Post
    I have to agree with the whole honor thing and healers getting a lot of honor while us initiators are most of the time at negative honor. Songs gain like 3-5 honor per assist. Honor gain formula needs to be reworked to something like 1st hit + damage dealt/damage recieved + last hit, per player. Just at the earlier medium sized 3 faction battle at DS I was at negative most of the time. I only got to positive when the numbers dwindled and I was able to take fights without dying.

Concerning what swiffles said, the west is still pretty much stuck at the "heavy hitter meta". Prioritizing quick kills, heavy damage and solo ability. YOU CAN'T DPS IF YOU'RE LOCKED DOWN. Also, all that dps can't do ♥♥♥♥ when you're hitting their tanky initiators backed by heals. Get a little more synergy in your builds please. I'd love to see more Reapers, Doomlords, Planeshifters, Archons, Tricksters, and so on instead of everyone being paladins, abolishers, stone arrows, primes and darkrunners. Also, when initiators like me, tinksy and cclaymore go in everyone should follow and maintain 20m range from us. Do not focus their initiators, specially not the ones with 5k+ GS and 3k toughness. They will not die as long as their back line with all the squishy mages and healers don't die.
    This strat is not secret, in fact it's basic stuff. Expect to die if you come to Halcy. Come for a good fight not for free honor, you will get none here.
    -Notatrap <Pacifists>

I agree, west needs more variety, mages are the future of this game until nerf, however if you are like me and are a stubborn melee4eva, strongly suggest investing in a magic shield, works wonders.
    Yam Disciple Dream Evil - Catalyst - Tango Swiffles

WORLD CHAMPS

Quote Originally Posted by j0shst3r View Post

-Notatrap <Pacifists>

Ermagherd + 1

Only reason I'm playing SK - RIP Abolisher (buy my T4-T5 gear plz)
    Tinksy
    <Origin>
    Skullknight

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast