+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 89 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Official Discussion: Conflict/War Housing Safe Zones

Hybrid View

1.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #1
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar

Official Discussion: Conflict/War Housing Safe Zones

Adventurers!

We understand that the current housing safe zone system in the Conflict/War areas of ArcheAge are currently highly debated amongst the community.

For reference, the system currently works as such:
    • While in a housing area within a PvP zone (like Hellswamp or Halcyona), you will be unable to attack others.
    • If you do attack someone and attempt to duck back into the housing zone, it will not protect you from that person attacking you.
    • The housing zone protection lasts only during periods of rising conflict. Should the zone reach War, the safe zone is removed.

Please use this thread to post your thoughts, either for or against the housing safety system.

Let me preface it by saying that I can see both sides of this. People want things to be easier and easier will always have a strong rally behind it because well, it's easier, but I feel like this is a step in the wrong direction and I'm glad that it's being opened up for the community and being left to the community to decide if this actually stays in game and I hope that this choice is really taken seriously because these are the kind of changes that take away gameplay for some people. While some people may farm others choose to PvP and that's their right and their gameplay is being nerfed unnecessarily to make someone else's gameplay easier and less risky.

Trade packs in conflict are high risk / high reward. Why are we trying to fix a system that isn't broken?

The NA and KR servers for this game are completely different beasts, and while this system make work on other servers, I don't think it has a place on the NA servers. To start off with the system is either very unreliable, or just plain doesn't work and has issues. People have been reporting that issues have come up where one side can attack the other while still under housing protection and that gives one party a HUGE advantage.

It's not just the PvPers that should be upset by this change, the farmers should be peeved also... This change makes conflict zone trade packs A LOT easier. Running packs from places like Ynystere, where the housing areas might as well line the whole road can be done with out worry. Why run packs from Silent Forest when you can easily just run packs from Ynystere and be in peace for 75% of your run through it. Sure, you could wait for someone to leave that "peace" zone when they turn packs in but most people would just post up with their hauler and wait for who ever is there to go away, may take hours sure, but they still get their packs without being contested in a conflict zone.

This game has some of the better open world PvP that I have seen and adding a safe zone every 5 feet for some places is extremely frustrating. I can't tell you how annoying it is to have someone attack you or you attack them and who ever is losing start running the the Nui only to sit there and wait. Making choices in conflict zones should have repercussions and currently with a system where you can easily be bailed out, it doesn't. This system should frustrate everyone because it takes a whole system out of this game. It doesn't work right and it doesn't fit NA.

I can even understand the people wanting to keep this. You may die a lot doing trade runs and all you want to do is make money, why should someone else get to kill you for your stuff right? That's why we have so many non-conflict zones. If you want safe packs place land there. Right now these housing areas are being exploited to make easy money and to grief and troll people and that shouldn't be accepted at all.

A ArcheAge without PvP isn't an ArcheAge I want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by xCROv View Post
    this housing pvp system is bad
    (edit coming)
    just taking away free content
    "i was hungry" - Shawnzy
    "dude, eat her ♥♥♥ then" - David

Let me preface it by saying that I can see both sides of this. People want things to be easier and easier will always have a strong rally behind it because well, it's easier, but I feel like this is a step in the wrong direction and I'm glad that it's being opened up for the community and being left to the community to decide if this actually stays in game and I hope that this choice is really taken seriously because these are the kind of changes that take away gameplay for some people. While some people may farm others choose to PvP and that's their right and their gameplay is being nerfed unnecessarily to make someone else's gameplay easier and less risky.

Trade packs in conflict are high risk / high reward. Why are we trying to fix a system that isn't broken?

The NA and KR servers for this game are completely different beasts, and while this system make work on other servers, I don't think it has a place on the NA servers. To start off with the system is either very unreliable, or just plain doesn't work and has issues. People have been reporting that issues have come up where one side can attack the other while still under housing protection and that gives one party a HUGE advantage.

It's not just the PvPers that should be upset by this change, the farmers should be peeved also... This change makes conflict zone trade packs A LOT easier. Running packs from places like Ynystere, where the housing areas might as well line the whole road can be done with out worry. Why run packs from Silent Forest when you can easily just run packs from Ynystere and be in peace for 75% of your run through it. Sure, you could wait for someone to leave that "peace" zone when they turn packs in but most people would just post up with their hauler and wait for who ever is there to go away, may take hours sure, but they still get their packs without being contested in a conflict zone.

This game has some of the better open world PvP that I have seen and adding a safe zone every 5 feet for some places is extremely frustrating. I can't tell you how annoying it is to have someone attack you or you attack them and who ever is losing start running the the Nui only to sit there and wait. Making choices in conflict zones should have repercussions and currently with a system where you can easily be bailed out, it doesn't. This system should frustrate everyone because it takes a whole system out of this game. It doesn't work right and it doesn't fit NA.

I can even understand the people wanting to keep this. You may die a lot doing trade runs and all you want to do is make money, why should someone else get to kill you for your stuff right? That's why we have so many non-conflict zones. If you want safe packs place land there. Right now these housing areas are being exploited to make easy money and to grief and troll people and that shouldn't be accepted at all.

Agree

Agree

^^^^^
    P2W DEAD GAME

SlayerS

"Making things easier . . .", could also be a two way street. Instead of camping static perch points work for those packs by intercepting once packs leave property enroute to a gold trader.

In other words: No more house-perching = no more ez-mode for PvP. That's a good thing, right?

Also, we inherited the implementation established by XLG, not Trion "messing up" the NA version. Do I remember this rightly?

That this is a sore point with PvPrs at all is one of the key indicators of a fundamental problem with PvP in AA, as well as a problem with the community PvPrs themselves.

MMOs have gone the way of "Farmville" the past five years or so as never seen before. It's not about PvP, or even "gaming" as a gamer, it's Farmvilling goods and gains. Far too many "l33t" players focus on removing uncertainty by establishing static, predictable, farmable run-routes and cycles to simply . . . Farmville their way through the game.

Housing districts represent only a teeny portion of all the available game-play square footage in the game. When measured against open-PvP ocean space, war/conflict areas, those small dots of residential space are miniscule. Not exactly representative of a core design dynamic for PvP. lololol. (/ponders at the irony)

Work for the packs, work for the kills. Scout out plots filling up, work out habits and travel paths, then take the goods when they move out of the Residential areas. The situation introduces a certain degree of uncertainty, requiring astute scouting and timing to take packs now. I feel that's a good thing.

After all, a top of the line Hauler is obliterated in one rain of arrows, all 6 packs dropped to the ground. It's not like the game is providing Farmers with Armored Transport Haulers with the HP of Levi.

There is NO outrage over the "violation of PvP-zors! /pose", or "right vs wrong" regarding the Housing district changes, rather it's people had their ez-mode, static positioned, Farmville run-routes taken away . . . and those lazy enough to Farmville that routine are unhappy about it and want the milk-soaked donut popped back between pink little pursed lips.

So, as you said, handing people ez-mode isn't always a good thing.

On that we agree.
    If you are going to Sand Box a blockade, Sand Box demands you have the mojo to hold and maintain it - not coast on the code to do it for you in safe zones. - Bramble

Currently the pvpers are mad that there's housing peace in a PVP zone and the farmers argument is that you get your pvp when the place goes to war. Well.....here's an interesting fact. Apparently it is against the rules to push a place to war/peace using alts. Now then.....I want everyone on every server to examine what place besides halcy moves to even stage 2 due to a legitimate fight. O don't get me wrong places would move to war/peace all the time before housing peace because you know...it was a PVP zone. But in today's game there is no legitimate way to push a place to war and unless someone is stupid enough to Yolo a hauler 500 times in under a week you will never see war. So....I ask the community Trion Celestra and XL....tell me how you see and invision a place going to war. Actually lets start with baby steps and explain how you invision a place going to conflict lv2 and the incentive for a person to even do so.

Let me help you out there. Back before housing peace farmers would get ganked. The farmers would get chained ganked to the point of crying for help and either get none or the guild/faction would help. The enemy would either beat the resistance or be beaten. All the while kills are being racked up and eventually the place goes to war and then to peace. The farmer then ultimately wins because now he/she has 2 hours of freedom to plant so even if they wanted to rock 200gs they still get to plant. Everyone is happy.

Ok your turn to explain...annnnnd..go!

Quote Originally Posted by Silentravin View Post
    Currently the pvpers are mad that there's housing peace in a PVP zone and the farmers argument is that you get your pvp when the place goes to war. Well.....here's an interesting fact. Apparently it is against the rules to push a place to war/peace using alts. Now then.....I want everyone on every server to examine what place besides halcy moves to even stage 2 due to a legitimate fight. O don't get me wrong places would move to war/peace all the time before housing peace because you know...it was a PVP zone. But in today's game there is no legitimate way to push a place to war and unless someone is stupid enough to Yolo a hauler 500 times in under a week you will never see war. So....I ask the community Trion Celestra and XL....tell me how you see and invision a place going to war. Actually lets start with baby steps and explain how you invision a place going to conflict lv2 and the incentive for a person to even do so.

Let me help you out there. Back before housing peace farmers would get ganked. The farmers would get chained ganked to the point of crying for help and either get none or the guild/faction would help. The enemy would either beat the resistance or be beaten. All the while kills are being racked up and eventually the place goes to war and then to peace. The farmer then ultimately wins because now he/she has 2 hours of freedom to plant so even if they wanted to rock 200gs they still get to plant. Everyone is happy.

Ok your turn to explain...annnnnd..go!
    Just this really, sooner or later those farmers get their 2/3 hours of freedom to go crazy on planting, hauling packs etc.
    Riven - Jakar | Tempest | Kyprosa
    Elyse/ Xayah - Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledd View Post
    Just this really, sooner or later those farmers get their 2/3 hours of freedom to go crazy on planting, hauling packs etc.
    Not really.

Interesting story:

When the patch came that allowed people drops off of destroyed ships we saw the appearance of trashing your own ship to farm drops off it.

I'm on a low-level alt when I'm seeing all kinds of Organized PvP-zors Event Organization going on in Nation/Faction! Clearly "PvP" motivated, Community Generated! Over and over one person is sending a global /Tell informing everyone of this wonderous PvP-zors event-zors! Show up, lets blow some . . . SHIPS UP . . .

So, after about 20 freaking minutes of "Community PvP Event Organization" being advertised, me laughing all the time, I finally pop ONE observation /till into Nation chat. Pretty close to a quote by memory:

"So, all this organized PvP not have anything to do with farming Scrolls and drops off of destroyed ships, yes? It's not actually PvP, right, but people just showing up to nuke and farm boats?"

Chat, that had been ROLLING for 20-30 minutes STOPPED dead for like . . . trolololol . . . 20 seconds solid.

It was LAUGHABLE. This game supposedly FILLED with PVP hot shots . . . and it took farmable ship wreckage to see them actually, well, erm, try to organize PvP related player driven "events". lolololol.

Relevance here:

Housing districts are TINY points on any map, and are not centerpoints for PvP. Trying to promote them as such is motivated by the SAME dynamic as outlined just above: Disingenuously lazy.

PvP is wide open in the game world, across entire expanses of the Seas, and multiple whole zones. The issue here is you want the game to hand you static, predictable, residential areas to troll through.

The game isn't stopping any of you from forming some opposing Raids / Groups and organizing and competing with each other in those areas. This takes effort however, so it's easier to ask the game to theme-park targets for you.

As a suggestion: Those of you with land in Safe Zones simply organize trades with the "farmers" that had to take left overs in conflict areas. I'm not being facetious here: You do this and you INCREASE the density of PvP centric people hanging out in Conflict areas.

As with the Ships, it's not about PvP with you guys no matter how much you try and wave the flag. It's the desire to see Farmville run routes through farmers returned.

The irony: The Housing Districts done control the zones or the states they are in. It's in your guys, and your Guilds power.

You're just too lazy to make it happen. You want the game to theme park it.
    If you are going to Sand Box a blockade, Sand Box demands you have the mojo to hold and maintain it - not coast on the code to do it for you in safe zones. - Bramble

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 89 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast