+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 105 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 1043

  Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Official Discussion: Conflict/War Housing Safe Zones

  1. #401
    Quote Originally Posted by arby View Post
    This is fine. Let PvPers actually go PvP. Ganking a person who is crafting/farming at their house or local crafting area should be safe from ganking. It's a poor poor PvPer that is so bad that they have to resort to ganking someone that does not want to participate in PvP at that time, is often not properly geared or buffed for it, and is participating in actual intended gameplay features (of which there are many that do not involve PvP). If they want to spend all day hovering outside the housing areas waiting for someone with a pack to leave the area (or just anyone they can pounce on to demonstrate their alleged manhood) let them, when we leave the housing areas we'll be ready and it will be fair.

    This is the best new feature we've had in a long time.
    I disagree , if your the opposite faction theres nothing wrong with killing you anywhere no matter what your doing. If your crafting in a pvp zone , keep your head on a swivel. I loved getting into random pvp on my farm in rookbourne.

  2. #402
    Also i dont like the fact that now the opposite faction can just plop down in our housing zones and not get pvpd.

  3. #403
    Senior Member Witchbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Kraken
    Posts
    1,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Kastagir View Post
    People need to understand that this change is a business decision, and it has nothing to do with gameplay or balance. There's no doubt that one of the top reasons players cite for quitting is, "I can't find any land" - and that's why housing-type restrictions were removed and this silly safe-housing area change was implemented. The server mergers made this a bigger problem since the only plots available (to transfering PvPers and farmers alike) will be located in conflict zones.

    This has nothing to do with balance; this is purely an attempt to make sure that players who do not enjoy PvP will continue to give Trion and XL their money. Game mechanics be damned when there's revenue involved.

    Actually...it just occurred to me that this thread is utterly pointless. The damage is done and nothing is going to change - revenue trump game mechanics, and this discussion is simply a release valve for players who actually understand the negative impact that this change will have on those mechanics.

    So, farm on.
    Thank you for being more calm headed with your post but you are still ignoring an issue that been brought up in this thread many times. Casual players that enjoy the domestic side of Archeage can't do so without selling out tons of money or gold for land in safe zones. This is very restricted for those that enjoy this type of playstyle which no other game in its genre currently provides. Its a selling point of the game yet its mostly being utilized by players for financial benefits (making gold to put towards stronger gear). This change gives players who enjoy this playstyles safety do to do what they enjoy without dealing with people using game mechanics to Grief other players.

    That being said there is some problems with it. Funny enough its not about it having problems but rather its revealing other problems with the game. Healer flagging is a problem, people running in and out of safe zones is a problem. However the biggest problem of all is that there is no benefit to open world pvp except for reasons that player's generate on their own. People PvP for farming honor and progressing their gear moreso than for the actual enjoyment of pvp. This is why PvP events get more activity simply because there are more enemies around, its faster paced and they can farm honor while get engrossed in a consistent pvp experience. PvP zones require people to look for others which is boring. Thus why people have gotten use to going to housing zones where they know people reside their readjusting their packs, standing around or simply afk. Even if they couldn't find a good fight they could still farm honor to progress while the pvp events are down. These actions were players putting a bandaid on a problem and that problem is lack of incentive. Pvpers need something to work toward which is the reason why they geared up in the first place.

    Diamond shore battles and sieges is great but they need more events back home that they can participate in and receive benefits for doing so. Each conflict are needs at least one or two events that promote pvp and these events need to reward players for participating. Our current two events on teh east side for example CR and Hasla Rift don't offer much in terms of PvP. CR is best done as an allied raid to kill mobs and obtain honor. Hasla Rift's rewards are only useful for beginning players but it becomes a hotspot for PvP simply for control of the zone. RookBorne and Windscour don't have anything. I believe Hellswamp and Sanddeep don't have anything either. More events need to exist and it needs to give them an incentive for doing so. I don't have any suggestions for rewards for new events but i'm sure everyone here gets what i'm saying.

    People hover around housing zones because most of these conflict zones have nothing engaging about them in terms of pvp. Thus more things need to be created rather than forcing players with different playing styles to argue and eat each other. People can say its a part of the game but lets be honest since release how much pvp related events have they released? Abyssal is the only one I can think of which came with the new ship upgrades. Shouldn't people be focusing their efforts toward the release of more reoccuring events rather than relying on the old system which didn't fully satisfy your pvp pallets to begin with?

  4. #404
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    56
    love the change but it needs tweaks

    healers need to be flagged when healing in pvp

    need a 30 second debuff on anyone hit in pvp making them still attackable for duration keeping them from running to safe zones (every hit refreshes debuff)

    apposing faction needs to not be safe like they are in original safe zones

  5. #405
    Senior Member Shuut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Jakar
    Posts
    153
    NOTHING TO DEBATE AFTER ME:i think actual system is excellent (ABOUT FARMHOUSE / SAFE ZONE WITH POSSIBLE MODIFICATION --> REDS ON GREENS ALLIANCE ZONES )

  6. #406
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    The way for pvpers to stop that is to stop hugging the coast, drive the 2 intruders into the open ocean, then you and your 10 friends kick their ♥♥♥♥♥. If you actually had this happen to you, that isn't a 'carebear' problem. That's a 'you' problem.
    your assuming that theyre hugging the coast, but if you load of a ship right in between sand deep and 2c (ofc in halc). theres a few sections that are actually 2c water. even though its well out of out of the way from where it should be, that "1 sided" peace zone gives the nuian pirates an advantage they shouldnt have.

    its why nuian pirates always try to push ships into 2c, its insanely easy to do cuz its very oddly divided, then they can get rekt.

    for most its easy to avoid going into 2c, but the fact its even possible is insanely stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchbell View Post
    Quick question for everyone instead of safe housing zones would people alright with housing based defenses? Not talking about canons but perhaps small traps you can place on your property to dmg, or render attacks immobile for a bit.
    not a bad idea but not really as effective as how the system should of already been, land peaceful for the owner of that plot (not guild/family ownership either because it can lead too ppl abusing it to kill others), not for the rest of the people. (its not the fact farmers cant die thats a problem, its that the housing zones are alot of th etimes near trade paths (or ARE the tradepath) giving traders to much safety in a pvp zone. which ofc can lead to inflation or worse, pkers abusing the system.

  7. #407
    Senior Member Witchbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Kraken
    Posts
    1,067
    Quote Originally Posted by russellmorris52 View Post
    Rerutning player here , from when i played this game hardcore months ago pvp housing zones provided a cheap altenative to ppl who couldnt get land in the rush , the property was much cheaper because you were taking on the inconvenience of getting ganked all the time while farming. This is something i dont think should go.
    Funny thing is its no longer a cheap alternative. Now every property is expensive due to merge.

  8. #408
    Senior Member Siobhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,033
    One of the things I've thought about is that if this "feature" had been in the game from day 1, nobody would have given it a second thought. Because they've come up with it a year after the fact, people will fight and complain about change no matter which way they end up going. As I have said a couple of times in this thread, people should be safe in their own home. Everywhere else should be fair game, including other people's houses, fellowship plazas, crafting areas, and vacant land within a housing area.

    If it has to be all or nothing, let PvP happen. It has since the beginning, and we've all dealt with it. Adding full zone peace areas is going the wrong direction.
    Is anyone else sad to know that people will rant and rave about being banned when they know damn good and well they broke the rules? Sadder still is the energy consumption and the lengths they will go to so they can continue to break them... and the threads they post when they finally get caught.

  9. #409
    Senior Member Bunnyleptic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Ōkunoshima Island
    Posts
    2,247
    Quote Originally Posted by arby View Post
    This is fine. Let PvPers actually go PvP. Ganking a person who is crafting/farming at their house or local crafting area should be safe from ganking. It's a poor poor PvPer that is so bad that they have to resort to ganking someone that does not want to participate in PvP at that time, is often not properly geared or buffed for it, and is participating in actual intended gameplay features (of which there are many that do not involve PvP). If they want to spend all day hovering outside the housing areas waiting for someone with a pack to leave the area (or just anyone they can pounce on to demonstrate their alleged manhood) let them, when we leave the housing areas we'll be ready and it will be fair.

    This is the best new feature we've had in a long time.
    This^^

  10. #410
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    109
    I see no need to change the system (from what it was before this change).

    The reward for crafting packs in these regions should be higher (now it's not really true for a few specific locations) but that should only be because they are in non-peace zones.

    The game needs more incentive to pvp for meaningful reasons (stealing packs is something that qualifies as meaningful). That is the only reason I think this change is bad and definitely not necessary. My vote is to change it back, there was no reason to change it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 105 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts