+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Official Discussion: Conflict/War Housing Safe Zones

Quote Originally Posted by HaseoMisaki View Post
    so many people who don't know how to pvp *shakes head* pitiful. Stop relying on farmers and get gud.

And stop posting on your alt accounts...or at least make it less obvious.

and if you're for OR against it, at least explain why...so we can tell you why you're wrong lol.
    Yeah we should just remove pvp and only fight in arena. I wish there were housing areas that are completely safe and people could farm in peace. If only there was a way to sell property and move to safe zones. Gee I wish entire zones would just go to peace by themselves every 4 hours so us carebears could make gold with no risk.

Quote Originally Posted by sale View Post
    Yeah we should just remove pvp and only fight in arena. I wish there were housing areas that are completely safe and people could farm in peace. If only there was a way to sell property and move to safe zones. Gee I wish entire zones would just go to peace by themselves every 4 hours so us carebears could make gold with no risk.
    Coming from a person that blocks trade routes, purples, interrupts boss fights, and trolls faction relentlessly....your post is funny.

As far as safe zones...I'm fine with your house being a safe zone, but world should be open. This is a game centered around conflict between east and west, with the twist of pirates. The intent is to be a pvp game. The farming and land ownership is a nice benefit and way to make money, but there are options to own property in safe zones. No you aren't guaranteed property, but that is the case in any zone, and quite frankly is an element of the game. If you don't like it, then don't play the game. I have land and farm in multiple pvp zones, and ironically I've yet to be attacked.

I understand what "true" farmers are saying that don't want to pvp, but the vast majority are not. They are simply trying to hide behind the guise of farmer versus a pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by sale View Post
    Oh how people like you make me laugh. The sarcasm mixed in with dry humor, oh the hilarity.

No one said the zones should be peace only. Give me all the mats to rebuild my properties and places to put them back down, together in a nice area and i'll happily move to a safe zone. Problem is the so called "pvpers" are taking up the majority of the safe zone land to do their "carebear" trade runs while proclaiming they're pvpers. THEN you need to have people willing to sell in the areas you want, its not as easy as "pack up and move".

As for the peace thing, if you're relying on farmers to turn a zone to peace then yeah, you have no idea how to pvp. Someone in the thread already mentioned their server holds events to push zones into peace, no need for farmers you know why? they know how to pvp and not cry that their farmers are safe.

PVP does not belong in a housing zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethetun View Post
    As far as safe zones...I'm fine with your house being a safe zone, but world should be open. This is a game centered around conflict between east and west, with the twist of pirates. (1)The intent is to be a pvp game. The farming and land ownership is a nice benefit and way to make money, but there are options to own property in safe zones. No you aren't guaranteed property, but that is the case in any zone, and quite frankly is an element of the game. (2)If you don't like it, then don't play the game. I have land and farm in multiple pvp zones, and ironically I've yet to be attacked.

(3)I understand what "true" farmers are saying that don't want to pvp, but the vast majority are not. They are simply trying to hide behind the guise of farmer versus a pvp.
    1) Wrong. This game is intended to be a game everyone can enjoy, not just pvpers. There is a quote from the creator of the game somewhere in this thread, too lazy to find it, but it says the creator himself says while it has "half open pvp" he wants this to be a game PVEers can enjoy.

2) Same could be said about the addition of the safe housing, if you don't like it, don't play the game.

3) A lot of people want farming and pvp to be separate as there is NO NEED for pvp in housing zones unless you gank afkers or farmers. The risk is still there...if people dont want to move packs during conflict they wont, if they do they have to leave the safe area...exactly the same as pre 2.0. The MAJORITY of farmers enjoy pvp, just not being ganked by a guild or while afk.

Stay Safe!

I love the new changes to the housing zones. After merge I was forced to live in a PVP area.

And the majority agree with me. There has already been several polls in regards to this. In every poll I've seen, most people like the new system over the old system.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/poll....do=showresults

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...ing-safe-zones

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...e-areas-in-2.0

There is nothing more to discuss. Please close this topic and don't have it loom over our heads anymore like the merge. People who don't like will learn to adapt.

I never had nor will have anything against pvp. Heck it's a huge part of this game and appeal for me. I just see no purpose to having some zones safe and some not.. I say open up the entire game world to pvp if thats the case. These war time cycles are fubar now that killing does not take place enough in housing areas and so on. I don't kill players farming and i will continue to avoid doing it regardless..

Hell, I use my alt paid accounts to farm and they simply do not have the ability to fight attacks.. It's hard enough trying to maintain labor and deal with a few large farms.. much less worry about lvl55 gankers dropin in every moment killing my farmers and calling it pvp.. it's so pointless.. But then again like I said.. OPEN the entire world up to pvp if need be. I don't care.. would make more sense than this diced up garbage we are currently worrying about.

Enable green on green combat if its a housing zone in war would be great.
    Vivialyn

of

We Few

i love that I can sit in my house afk and not be killed, or plant stuff and harvest without having to watch over my shoulder. However, I do not like the contested zones never going to peace. Since merger the east side has only had Hasla go to peace on Hanure server. In the past, on Calliel serve, Yny would go to peace on the weekend at least once, and the most I saw it was like 4x in one weekend. I would love to be able to run my packs and keep them. Windscour and Yny both made it to lvl 4 before server maint.i figured with more people the zones would be going to peace a lot more often, so far I have been wrong, and I know im not the only one that is dependent on these funds to keep my patron. The only way I see to fix this is:

1) do away with the safe zone in housing. OR
    2) make each contested zone have an automated random peace time. Like Halcyona (sp). OR
    3) Lower the required kills dramatically needed to make it go to peace. OR
    4) server maintenance doesn't reset the conflict levels.

put it back the way it was.

We want to be able to push zones to war faster by hunting in farming areas, not watch everyone hide on their farms.
    [NA][Unchained] <Ghosts of War> {PvX} (Wynn/East)
    18+ / Discord / PvP Focus / PvX Excellence
    <GoW>...since 2002

~Against~ This ruins some pretty major aspects of small-scale world PvP, and whether or not I'm the one loading up a hauler or taking a hauler.. it's much less fun this way. Please change it back

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast