+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: @Celestrata - What about the Oceanic community?

Sounds about right Kenny :\ Whether they choose to admit it or not Oceanic players do make up a lot of the player base. Oceanic includes Asia/Aus/NZ which is quite a large player base. We have gotten around ♥♥♥♥ty ping. We get slammed whenever we try to voice opinions. We put in the effort and get bread crumbs in return. Just the tiniest support for the Oceanic crowd would go miles. If they changed the timing of 1 MM I can guarantee that every oceanic player would be ecstatic.
    Tinksy
    <Origin>
    Skullknight

People in South East Asia are affected as well. I'm from Singapore, I reach home from work around 7pm GMT+8 or 7am EDT when the halcy starts. Guess what, yes the server goes down or would be scheduled to go down in another few hours.

If it happens occasionally, I think we all could understand, but no, it IS ALWAYS Oceanic/S.E.A guys affected. Please spare a thought for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Basically - http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...us-missed-this - i already said this yesterday haha but NA people jsut ask us to fk off like ^
    I'm not telling oceanic players to ♥♥♥♥ off but its like you guys are kinda dense when it comes to time zones and which publisher caters to who.

I played AA on the RU servers and I play BnS on the Taiwan servers. A good chunk of NA,EU,RU and BRs play/played on servers not catered to them. You rarely see a post from them on a publisher not for them complaining about time zones. Why? Because we know the servers/publishers aren't for our region.

You guys are playing on NA/EU servers with a NA/EU publisher. I would totally get it if trion said we're NA/EU/ AND Oceanic. Buuuttt they didn't it.

NA/EU =/= Oceanic.

kinda seems like you're telling us to ♥♥♥♥ off.
    Nioka - Aranzeb
    Milady - Salphira

Quote Originally Posted by CBN View Post
    stop asking and go play an aussie game

the times are the times they are, they aren't good for everyone some months i can't attend ANY events because i'm either sleeping or not home. and i'm in the US the region the game is made for
    Tinksy
    <Origin>
    Skullknight

Quote Originally Posted by Milady of Salphira View Post
    kinda seems like you're telling us to ♥♥♥♥ off.
    I play Black Dessert and Blade and Soul. They aren't out NA yet, so obviously I play on KR, JP servers. If I went to their forums and started shouting off about how they don't care about their NA players because events and what not. Am I justified? Do you think they should cater to NA players on a KR/JP server?

No, I would just be called another "entitled American" because it doesn't make sense to go to publishers for a different region and ask them to break contracts, etc to cater to your region.

Quote Originally Posted by CBN View Post
    stop asking and go play an aussie game

the times are the times they are, they aren't good for everyone some months i can't attend ANY events because i'm either sleeping or not home. and i'm in the US the region the game is made for
    Why did you even reply?

You don't care, so what, am I supposed to care about all the uncaring?

This is a real issue that impacts on Trion's financials, they probably do care, and they have good reason to.

I personally believe that NA publishers are the best to cater for Oceanic players. We don't want servers, just the tiniest sign that 1 company notices the Masses playing from Oceania. It's a massive ask but I have faith!
    Tinksy
    <Origin>
    Skullknight

the timing of most events in this game are terrible for the average 9-5 working person.

Gold trader during the week is a no go
    Start of a abyssal is a no go
    May be able to get one MM or halcy in if you work EST hours

Quote Originally Posted by ThatPlayer View Post
    I'm not telling oceanic players to ♥♥♥♥ off but its like you guys are kinda dense when it comes to time zones and which publisher caters to who.

I played AA on the RU servers and I play BnS on the Taiwan servers. A good chunk of NA,EU,RU and BRs play/played on servers not catered to them. You rarely see a post from them on a publisher not for them complaining about time zones. Why? Because we know the servers/publishers aren't for our region.

You guys are playing on NA/EU servers with a NA/EU publisher. I would totally get it if trion said we're NA/EU/ AND Oceanic. Buuuttt they didn't it.

NA/EU =/= Oceanic.
    In Trions first announcement press release you can see them say they will be bringing ArcheAge to the Western market, where they specifically mention bringing Archeage to North America, South America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand markets.
    Sorry, who is dense?

No ♥♥♥♥ the majority of the population is North American... but the Oceanic player base is a vibrant and active community in the game.
    As far as I am aware the OP was asking for one extra event during Oceanic prime - hardly a gamebreaking request or "dense".

That's like me going to KR servers and ♥♥♥♥♥ing the time zones are all wrong for my time zone.
    This analogy is awful... Korean servers are for Korea - and not for the Western market - again refer to Trion's press release specifically including "Australia and New Zealand" in their 'Western' market.

They aren't asking for much more than a response regarding the situation and that makes them dense.

Logic game too stronk.
    Tommy
    ❤❤❤

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast