+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: @Celestrata - What about the Oceanic community?

As an EU player mainly playing on NA server, I have chance for one MM and maybe one Halcy if I decide to avoid sleeping. It's not only oceanic players who suffers from this. I would rather have the old Halcy war schedule back, even when it gave us less tokens at a time. Rather have less tokens than not tokens at all. Let's see what they are planning for Windscour

Quote Originally Posted by CirafGiraffe View Post
    Firstly no-one is asking to "change" anything, the request was literally to add one extra event during that period.

Change it for "NA players" then... the event times are awful for them too.
    If they organise with XL, a general overhaul of all events they can throw in an extra +1 event during oceanic prime... means nothing in terms of contracts, they were just spreading events out and giving late night NA players an extra event :P
    No-one would question that. I know plenty of NA players who hate the NA period event schedule.
    They can't add extra events, they couldn't even extend a recent event when the servers were down. Also depending on the contract changing it/adding it could break the contract. Take Aion for example, some EU people asked for them to change add an event that would fit them and just pass it off as changing it for the NA players since it didn't work with some of them. They said they couldn't because it would break contract by making it more convenient for another region where a publisher is already(Gameforge which I hear is worse than areia/nexon combined). Now that may not be the case here since there's no word on an Oceanic publisher picking this up, but we don't know that(Doubt it). We don't know what all their contract entails.

You guys need to understand that there are contracts, this isn't Rift, they didn't make this game.

Let's get to the bottom line, this isn't even about just oceanic vs America vs whatever. This game needs more flexible timers for events. It's 2015 and the game only does events that are hard coded into the game. It's a little, excuse my French, f*cking silly.

I've lived in the west and east coast of America now and playing on a 8-4 job or as my job will be when I'm back on the west coast, I'd love the opportunity for Luscas or Abyssal or halcy..... The list goes on to the silly event timers being too rigid. Some people can't make an event period because of real life schedules. God forbid a GAME'S schedule be as rigid as a paying job.

Lay down your egos my brothers n sisters, demand variable events. It's 20 damn 15 and almost 20 God damn 16 and the game is hard coded and poorly coded. But demand improvement anyways. They've taken enough of your money and time haven't they?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatPlayer View Post
    They can't add extra events, they couldn't even extend a recent event when the servers were down. Also depending on the contract changing it/adding it could break the contract. Take Aion for example, some EU people asked for them to change add an event that would fit them and just pass it off as changing it for the NA players since it didn't work with some of them. They said they couldn't because it would break contract by making it more convenient for another region where a publisher is already(Gameforge which I hear is worse than areia/nexon combined). Now that may not be the case here since there's no word on an Oceanic publisher picking this up, but we don't know that(Doubt it). We don't know what all their contract entails.

You guys need to understand that there are contracts, this isn't Rift, they didn't make this game.
    Then they can tell us a simple: NO.
    Brings me back to my original point...
    This whole thread... It was a request... Trion can say NO, but how are we supposed to know if we don't know their contract details?
    The answer is to ask questions and request things... they can deny us, but someone who also knows nothing of the contract specifics can't answer for them either
    We would be happy with: "We can't add more events at this point due to..."
    Its never dense to ask questions/make requests which we have no information on.
    We don't expect anything, we've asked for it, its now within their rights to tell us we can or cannot have this.
    Tommy
    ❤❤❤

Then they can tell us a simple: NO.
    Brings me back to my original point...
    This whole thread... It was a request... Trion can say NO, but how are we supposed to know if we don't know their contract details?
    The answer is to ask questions and request things... they can deny us, but someone who also knows nothing of the contract specifics can't answer for them either
    We would be happy with: "We can't add more events at this point due to..."
    Its never dense to ask questions/make requests which we have no information on.
    We don't expect anything, we've asked for it, its now within their rights to tell us we can or cannot have this.
    They don't tell the people they actually cater to anything, why would they go out of the way for people they don't cater to?

Common sense would tell anyone "Hey, you're playing on a game that isn't for your region. Yes you're allowed to play cause we like all money but we only cater to X group. Since you realize this is for X group and you aren't part of that. You should know that things aren't going to be convenient for your group".

They honestly shouldn't have to even say that, that's common sense. >_>

I believe there are many players from Oceania on the NA servers. It WOULD be wise of Trion to have some events that work well with that player base. How could they do that?

Currently there is an issue that Trion has zero control of the times when events start and end. So they ask XL Games to set an event schedule that is a compromise between the needs of the EU players and the NA players. What we get is times that don't work well for MOST players. If they add the needs of Oceania into the mix it would be even worse... So what's the answer?

Trion, IMO, needs to wrestle control of event times away from XL Games. Trion needs to be able to set different event times for the EU region and the NA region. and SOME of those NA events should be in an Oceanic friendly time.

They don't tell the people they actually cater to anything, why would they go out of the way for people they don't cater to?

Common sense would tell anyone "Hey, you're playing on a game that isn't for your region. Yes you're allowed to play cause we like all money but we only cater to X group. Since you realize this is for X group and you aren't part of that. You should know that things aren't going to be convenient for your group".

They honestly shouldn't have to even say that, that's common sense. >_>
    No harm in asking for it.
    If they don't respond thats fine... we will still ask... we think Celestrata will respond because she is a good CM - so its been requested.
    This forum is for discussion and asking questions, if you think the discussion is stupid then don't post in the thread.
    Tommy
    ❤❤❤

No harm in asking for it.
    If they don't respond thats fine... we will still ask... we think Celestrata will respond because she is a good CM - so its been requested.
    This forum is for discussion and asking questions, if you think the discussion is stupid then don't post in the thread.
    She? Isn't he a dude? Anyway they haven't posted anything about Oceanic people since the games been out here. There's several threads on this weekly, I realize people have to beat dead horses to feel like special snowflakes but come on lmao

She? Isn't he a dude? Anyway they haven't posted anything about Oceanic people since the games been out here. There's several threads on this weekly, I realize people have to beat dead horses to feel like special snowflakes but come on lmao
    Holy crap some people are ignorant. Even Americans want event changes and there is such an easy solution. Just cycle events throughout the day rather than that peak event period and have the servers go quiet after. Easier said than done I guess
    Tinksy
    <Origin>
    Skullknight

10.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #40
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar
    We're very sorry with the recent bouts of maintenance, guys, but we have been targeting the maintenance for when there are the fewest amount of players online. Because we are a global game, no matter what time we choose there will always be someone who is impacted. We are simply trying to impact the least amount of people when we do series of maintenances like these.

Obviously this series of downtimes is an anomaly due to the recent server issues, and we will be resuming our normal maintenance schedule again in the future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4