+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to farm design fragments

Hybrid View

How to farm design fragments

Hello,

I made over 130k+ gold(40k gold from farming myt 3 galleons, 82x 500g chests) since november but I have retired from ARcheage. I always wanted to go after the big money, TR was an embarassement. I farmed over 400 of each design fragment, I don't know if that's a record but I am one crazy ♥♥♥ farmer.. I will give you a guide on how to do the mobs inside buildings(Halcyona of course) only, outside is pretty self-explanatory.

http://archeagedatabase.net/us/item/24121/

Gear : I started off with GHA and farmed my way up to Epherium. If you have GHA/Illu you're not gonna have an easy time with some of them.. I never died again once I hit eph gear.. Doing this with more than 1 person is not effecient at all, unless you are way undergeared.. I never brought people with me because they slow me down.. People are a liability, not an asset if you know what you're doing.

Ideal class for this is Shadowblade/Blighter, Abolisher/healer can get away with it but it takes more time...

30m respawn on each mob, I usually start at herbert > golem > paul > albert (make sure his adds are dead or he won't respawn) I never start at Paul to throw people off, their stupidity usually makes them wait at Paul.

I prefer to have shadowplay to stealth, but I was too lazy and did it was an Abolisher lately.. If oyu have shadowplay, run straight up to the first knight in front of the building, target the maid behind him, shadowstep, turn right, wait for 1 hit from her and stealth.. Move up to the corner to the right behind the 2nd maid... Pull out your glider and glider boost over the third maid.. Go up the stairs and move towards the edge of the balcony and glide to the butler.. Kill him, ignore his adds.. Get to the ledge, target the upper left maid, jump down, shadowstep, turn left, wait for one hit, stealth. Sneak up to Denslow from the left, jump over the wall and kill him while ignoring his adds.. After he is dead jump over the wall again, might have to wait for a hit or two from the zealots... Stealth again.. Now you can either proceed slowly by sneaking up the stairs, or you can jump on the table you see, try to glider boost up to the top, it doesn't always work... Worst case scenario if your stealth is on cooldown and you pulled too many mobs = skip Evelyn, if you gather like 8 mobs ytou get the gathering debuff which reduces your dmg on them by 70-80%? There's a few ways to approach her, I usually shadowstep to the first maid on the right and rush to Evelyn, ignoring all the adds and just tanking it. Once she is dead either AoE fear or tank the dmg and open a port to spywatch camp. Alternatively you could just jump off the balcony which will give you enough time to port out before the mobs will reach you..

The Witch : Park your mount behind the building, right cornerish. Kill the soldier, eat a sandwich and run like hell towards the witch, pull her with a basic arrow whatever, jump down, maybe have to wait for one of her spells, once it hit, stealth. I usually pull 1-2 maids for deflect and retaliate because the witch is pure magic dmg. ALl the mobs will aggro your mount and you can finish her off, while she's at 50% health desummon your mount.. I would always do the Witch last because you will be late for your other mobs.. Usually I skip her because I'm lazy.. After Evelyn I always port to Gweonid spywatch camp.. I never bother with the eastern mobs , they are too far away and one requires you to finish a mini dungeon to spawn, do not ever farm Yeti's or Giants either..

I wish I could make a video of this but I lack the means and I'm mnot gonna pay anything to make a video only for this.. Best of luck to you all! My record was 10 yawl fragments while we could still kill in Solzreed, a few time a double drop(one of each fragment) 2x yawl fragment in a row, and my best ever in all these months was 3 yawl fragments from 4 mobs.. This is not for weaklings, you will be exhausted, drained, wanting to commit seppuku. I just wanted to share this with you all as my parting gift, work and girls take up too much of my time :P Peace out y'all

I have no idea what design fragments you were farming or how 3 galleons is applicable to farming halcy...

Quote Originally Posted by Aired View Post
    I have no idea what design fragments you were farming or how 3 galleons is applicable to farming halcy...
    I mentioned it to show what I was focusing on ingame, aka : farm the best things. Growing things is a waste of labor and not even worth it, TR is borderline worth it if you only focus on Hellswamp spicy meat packs, larders is a waste of labor/time. Almost everything labor related is a waste, labor is there to spend money, not make money.. And how can you not even know about design fragments *facepalm* If you have nothing of interest to say, just don't say anything at all

Quote Originally Posted by Byakkotai View Post
    I mentioned it to show what I was focusing on ingame, aka : farm the best things. Growing things is a waste of labor and not even worth it, TR is borderline worth it if you only focus on Hellswamp spicy meat packs, larders is a waste of labor/time. Almost everything labor related is a waste, labor is there to spend money, not make money.. And how can you not even know about design fragments *facepalm* If you have nothing of interest to say, just don't say anything at all
    Those design fragments are obsolete, that's why Aired doesn't even know what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tang View Post
    Those design fragments are obsolete, that's why Aired doesn't even know what you are talking about.
    I made loads of money from them, they have become somewhat obsolete in the past few months only.. And they were still selling although god knows why someone still wanted one.. Mine was bag decoration, a hunting trophy lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Byakkotai View Post
    I made loads of money from them, they have become somewhat obsolete in the past few months only.. And they were still selling although god knows why someone still wanted one.. Mine was bag decoration, a hunting trophy lol..
    They were obsolete the day 1.7 was announced, some people just didn't realize that for a while.

The true "best" way to make money in Archeage is to be flexible. You found two things to make a small amount of coin, but when they were nerfed, as always happens to the best money making strats, you had nothing left.

Also, growing things really can be good money, depending on the market. I spent a few months between 1.7a and 1.7b growing ***** for over a gold per labor spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Aired View Post
    He's farming the growling yawn (heh.. see what I did there?) aka black pearl fragments. With the galleons he's referring to beaching the galleon to receive regrade scrolls and gold chests (before these were removed)

Quote Originally Posted by Wanji View Post
    He's farming the growling yawn (heh.. see what I did there?) aka black pearl fragments. With the galleons he's referring to beaching the galleon to receive regrade scrolls and gold chests (before these were removed)
    Yeah my business collapsed when they introduced ship upgrades :P It might be buffed again and farming will be worth it once more.. But it won't hurt to stockpile fragment, singed fragments still sold around 100g per on my server, 250g offer per fragment for Growling Shawl.. 250g is not worth it, best price is around that of one apex..

bump I hope someone can find this guide useful..

FInal bump, I guess no one is interested...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast