+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Should I stay or should I go now

Unhappy Should I stay or should I go now

Hi...This post could be about alot of people playing the game, so dont be shy and jump onboard...trolls?....guess i cant stop you either.

So....been here a year, started on Salph and moved to Taly. Been with several high end guilds, some good and some bad. I am not nor never have been a grinder...some say why then are you here?. The game is about the best out there atm aside from the cheaters and hackers. But why im posting is this...In every MMO ive been in since ive played them ( my first was DAoC ) ive seen more and more guilds become less caring about those at the bottom without any consequence to the guild ( as long as the core was intact, who cared and to those that might be thinking why dont you RP...not my style).

I am not a carebear, i rather enjoy PVP but my health makes me slow in responce time so solo pvp is out of the question. as for the afore mentioned carebear tho...i do like the farming and trading but it gets rather boring quite quickly.

So...MMO's are about many people interacting...Ive tried but my lack of grindability and hesitance towards being a multi spec changing robot has halted any advancement to end game content. Once again it has become a game of gearscore.

So i ask...is there space for me in this game or is it all just cash cows? for that matter, will all games become like this? If you have read this far then you are saying..."you have already answered your own question ". But id like some input from others like me ( or even the trolls who dont care ) to see if there is a reason to stay.

Play what you enjoy, not sure why you need someone to tell you what YOU enjoy about a game.. the game is free, play it, and if you enjoy it keep at it. If you don't wait for the next thing to come out. Theres plenty of games out there and coming out.

To re iterate abit...MMO....Many people interacting. If im in a guild ona run of any kind and am always targeted first because of low gearscore...then im slowing down the guild...soon no one even cares if i log in. and i dont want to pick rice all day. Guess im looking for sympathetic people or guilds that might respond to say "Hey...maybe this...

Quote Originally Posted by Dilwad View Post
    Hi...This post could be about alot of people playing the game, so dont be shy and jump onboard...trolls?....guess i cant stop you either.

So....been here a year, started on Salph and moved to Taly. Been with several high end guilds, some good and some bad. I am not nor never have been a grinder...some say why then are you here?. The game is about the best out there atm aside from the cheaters and hackers. But why im posting is this...In every MMO ive been in since ive played them ( my first was DAoC ) ive seen more and more guilds become less caring about those at the bottom without any consequence to the guild ( as long as the core was intact, who cared and to those that might be thinking why dont you RP...not my style).

I am not a carebear, i rather enjoy PVP but my health makes me slow in responce time so solo pvp is out of the question. as for the afore mentioned carebear tho...i do like the farming and trading but it gets rather boring quite quickly.

So...MMO's are about many people interacting...Ive tried but my lack of grindability and hesitance towards being a multi spec changing robot has halted any advancement to end game content. Once again it has become a game of gearscore.

So i ask...is there space for me in this game or is it all just cash cows? for that matter, will all games become like this? If you have read this far then you are saying..."you have already answered your own question ". But id like some input from others like me ( or even the trolls who dont care ) to see if there is a reason to stay.
    After reading all that, I really think you'd be better off in a game like GW2 or if you want an open pvp experience perhaps wait for some of the upcoming indie mmos. Always remember that AA is a Korean grinder where you can pay to skip the grind but not much else. This will never change.
    If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. James Madison

Meh...not alot of responce...thus telling me, if i dont become a robot like everyone else, i have no place here.

GW is gay and ive played my share of indies with pvp and most of those the pve faction usually gets their way with the devs.

Ill wait another day to see if anyone else has any ideas...in AA or elswhere

Well you either have to grind or sell apex, if you want end game items, some spend 1k euro a month playing this and that is not uncommon. Seems to me you have hit bit of a wall in the game, the real grinding starts after level 50, so maybe either its not the game for you or take a break and think it over whether to continue or not. Or lastly go total ftp and only play for an hour a day for ♥♥♥♥s n kicks

Most of my Char's on the 3 servers im on...are lvl50 with some 53/54 or 55, my alts are in the 20's to get gilda daily. i own land on about 4 chars with my main having a Townhome and 2 16's. Ill pick out of my OP one item that makes any mmo worth playing...People...and since im not a robot like them they start to ignore me. I cant be the only one in AA that feels like this. it is not all about HAVING the end game items as much as it is to be a part of obtaining them.

ArcheAge is diverse enough that there is a place for everyone here.

Also, make the best of your situation when you feel like you're not fitting in. Remember, even if you get one shot by that gods whip from the Mage with a legendary scepter, that means your own high dps teammates aren't eating that damage instead. Them living just a second longer could be the difference between your team losing or not.
    You're not slowing them down unless you're like "hey guys! I'll be your dedicated healer!" And then you be getting rekt immediately.

As for guilds not caring about new players. It's hard for some guilds to do this now a days as new players are a gamble. I've seen guilds be completely willing to help new players and then are completely screwed over by said new players who just leave after taking so many resources and efforts, and such.

And, it's not hard to gear up honestly. You can hit 4.5ish with some unique serp armor, a couple gems and a divine weapon which can all be achieved with some casual playing in a few weeks.

But your group is out there. You'll find them. Never give up!

<House of Mantis>
    Nui - Pyrrha
    Reckoning - Pyrrha
    Kyrios - Anthyny

It seems like most of the responses are either suck it up or leave. Personally I think you have just had the bad luck of being in the wrong guilds. The mega guilds are a good way to get lost just because of the sheer number of people in them and like you said, there are guilds that have their core players and don't really look to assisting newer members with gearing up. Maybe do some looking around for a mid-sized guild that is trying to grow and get all their members up to speed.
    I am outraged that you are outraged, and if you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Thx Anth and Kat....finally a cple real people.

finding a guild i fit in has been horrible...prolly due to my age....older than dirt. I've tried the new guild feature but so far the only guild that looked at me used Mumble which i dispise. Ive had problems doing serp with many other guilds because they think their way is the only way to do it and ask me to drop or kick me for not doing it their way ( mind you the way i was taught is by far the easiest ). my main has 2 pcs serp gear and i have obs daggers and bow all arcane tho i have yet to gem anything. all my other 50's have Kark gear

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast