+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: What is guild war?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryjami View Post

The score limit to threshold needs to be raised to prevent these stupid "hit and run" 10v3's.

Just my thoughts. Call me carebear but I think this is a fair balance to fix a system that's already been shown to be so easily abused.
    So if a guild chooses to win through hit and run tactics it doesn't count because it's not how everyone else thinks they should play? Or only if they go and hide in mirage after?
    <House of Mantis>
    Reckoning - Pyrrha
    Kyrios - Anthyny

Quote Originally Posted by Anthyny View Post
    So if a guild chooses to win through hit and run tactics it doesn't count because it's not how everyone else thinks they should play? Or only if they go and hide in mirage after?
    I think hit and run tactics are fine. They allow small guilds to war large guilds and if they are strategic enough they can win. As long as the "run" aspect involves staying in the world and not signing off or going to mirage.

I do think mirage isle should be locked out for guilds involved and anyone who is in mirage when a guild declares should be returned to their previous zone. Their should also be penalties for logging off as well but that gets messy with DCs.

When you declare war every member in your guild should feel obligated to fight until the war is over. Maybe make it so if people log off or enter mirage its a number of kill points for the other side. Or just flat out prevent it. But the declare war, get 10 kills, run and hide and afk for an hour is not how people should win a war.

Ideally I'd like more time between the declaration and the war, at least 30 seconds to get a call out to the guild. This is kinda why I'm a fan of arranged wars, both sides can arrange a time and place that's suitable, arrive with even numbers, have a bit of fun.
    And a public leaderboard would be nice, a way to check the score of current dominions or something.

A lot of what goes on is excuse making. I think we can all agree that the system could be better. Is trion going to improve it? Who knows, who cares, if they do they certainly aren't listening to what we have to say. It's a guild leaders responsibility to make sure their guild is prepared. OPP has declared wars constantly since we get level 3. For any tier 3 guilds: Do you really think we won't get to you at some point?

A core principle in OPP is our willingness to setup fair guild duels. In AA we've dueled about half the guilds on Kyrios. The rest that avoid us? We'll war you if you go past level 3. We saw Infernal fighting Two Mules the night before so we figured they would be up for a fight. We saw them running three haulers of packs last night. What better motivation to get them to crawl out of their holes and fight us than to take their packs? I said excuses above and that's what it is. When we declared they claimed that they were in Serp as the Op did above. They only had ~10 people on and it takes them 1 hr to run serp? We call that a lame excuse boys. We'll declare again and keep doing it. CYA in the field.

If you play to win and don't want to lose then don't go past level 3. Siting at level 2 like a lot of guilds are says plenty about their guild. I posted about this earlier on www.opponline.net.

To the pirates...I don't even know all of the rules of being a pirate, but I do that they miss PvP by being one and that sucks. I wish there was more meaningful places to fight pirates. I heard my elders setup an even duel later this weekend and I really look forward to it.
    Jackal of OPP
    Est. 1997
    www.opponline.net

Quote Originally Posted by Jackal OPP View Post
    *snip*
    Anyone ever tell you, your propaganda is on Sorcerer levels?
    Oawa
    Libertas Ara Amplus

what specifically is propaganda?
    Jackal of OPP
    Est. 1997
    www.opponline.net

I heard my elders setup an even duel later this weekend...
    Your grandparents play? That's cool.

what specifically is propaganda?
    You're right, there is none in the post I quoted, but...

The post on your forums that you so willingly linked to that you want everyone to see.
    Oawa
    Libertas Ara Amplus

Don't get the complaining about our tactics, we just did exactly what I saw OPP do to Lazy Gamers in Mari last night. Definitely were no outside heals for us tho lol. And we didn't hide, we went to the one place everyone on the server could see we were available to fight.

Was fun, hope we can do it again soon Win or lose, you won't hear us complaining or posting rage on our guild website.

And gimme your ninetails mount please
    Asphodel
    <The Guardians>
    www.kissmybuns.net
    It's only a game ... until you get a piece of Asph

Quote Originally Posted by Oawa View Post
    The post on your forums that you so willingly linked to that you want everyone to see.
    You said it. So answer, what specifically?
    Jackal of OPP
    Est. 1997
    www.opponline.net

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast