+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: So lets bring up the Event timings again...

Quote Originally Posted by Xantzu View Post
    Will you ever fix it?
    23:00 for Abyssal Kraken during the entire time it was 7 days a week and still ungoing..
    0:00 to 1:00 for Lusca's ..

I'm sure you all realize this is rediculous, so I asume you brought it up with XLGames already.. but is there any word on when this gets fixed?
    Events were crazy times like 2am and 6am for me.

I do the sensible thing and ignore all forced group activities.

Couldn't be arsed to read everything but my 2 cents is that it's pretty stupid to have the event on a 24 hour schedule or any multiple of that.

For a daily event, just use a cycle like 21 hours or something like that. That way the time will rotate and sometimes it's inconvenient for some and at other times for others.

24:00 --> 21:00 --> 18:00 --> 15:00 --> 12:00 --> 9:00 --> 6:00 --> 3:00 --> 24:00. You can choose whichever scheme you want of course and you can make sure you skip the times when it's night time in your targeted time zone if you want. At least using this, most people will have a couple of times during each rotation that they can attend instead of some that has it all of the time and others that can't attend at all.

Just from a purely business perspective, the screwy event timers seem self-defeating. Most so-called "whales" are not kids in school nor people who are typically gaming at 3:00am; they're working adults with disposable income and questionable financial priorities. Now, let's consider typical working-whales in the US: most will have zero chance to attend SoG, and few will make the lusca event. That's 2,000 honor a day (10,000 honor a week) that they miss out on. Add in MM and Halcy, and now we're talking about 15,000 honor per week plus warrior medals.

"Boo hoo, Mister Whale", you say? Well, considering that several BiS items require 60k honor or 500 medals each (and alternatives can't be purchased), this silly event schedule has just created the dreaded MMO stopping point for a lot of players who would have otherwise continued to throw balled-up money at the screen.
    Following you. But not on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    Which would completely destroy any reason to do the event. People do it because it's honor and gold, if you cut the honor and gold by 1/6th so that it could happen more often then the packs wouldn't even be worth more then regular cross ocean larder packs which makes the only reason to go there would be the honor, but even then at 1/6th you can probably get more just in arena for a few rounds. So you are essentially deleting the event except for a few people who would still be able to do all 6.

When the other option is just change a few values in a table on the client and server so that the EU and NA can both have properly timed events then redesigning the whole system seems pretty outlandish.
    Six times a day? I was thinking twice. 35g per pack is still the second best you can get, including larders.

Mind you, in saying this, I'm in no way against them fixing the timers. They just seem stupidly attached to them, and this would be an even easier solution to work in than duplicating the client and altering the timezones for each.
    Dayman
    -O-
    Lv. 55 Fighter of the Nightman
    -O-
    Champion of <The Sun>
    -O-

Master of Karate - and Friendship! - for everyone

Trion? .. Seems alot of people quite don't like the answer given so far (sorry, we can't do jack because of XLGames)..
    Can we expect this to be brought back to the table?

*nudge*

Mistmerrow time is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Trion

Why does Mistmerrow take place before 5pm PST? Some of us have real, corporate jobs which require us to work normal hours. I work in Menlo Park CA, and in fact your HQ is a 20 minute drive from where I work, yet your own game has events which take place during times that no one in California can participate in them?

At least one of the MM times NEEDS to be at 6PM pst or later.

Quote Originally Posted by someonee View Post
    Why does Mistmerrow take place before 5pm PST? Some of us have real, corporate jobs which require us to work normal hours. I work in Menlo Park CA, and in fact your HQ is a 20 minute drive from where I work, yet your own game has events which take place during times that no one in California can participate in them?

I know, I'm in Los Angeles. I don't even remember the last time I did MM. Really sad.....The only event I get to do is CR. I've given up with their timing.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeBlackMamba View Post
    I know, I'm in Los Angeles. I don't even remember the last time I did MM. Really sad.....The only event I get to do is CR. I've given up with their timing.
    ^ This

Also, so have they! Trion has stated many times this is what we get and it's set at the most optimal time for everyone.

Yeah everyone without a job. They can't even have NA servers differ from EU servers timings. The ocean isn't that big after all..
    “We view any system that generates value, at a cost to customer happiness, as a broken system that we need to fix.”

Valve On In-Game Economy

Calim[Strike]Naima[/strike] Kraken East Support Archer

Quote Originally Posted by someonee View Post

So them MM would be at 9pm EST or later... difficult for those of us that get up at 5 AM, or in the middle of the night for EU. You're never going to please everyone.

My problem is they stacked all the events on top of each other. Abyssal, Luscas, Mistmerrow, Halcyona all run on top of each other, and with the short time the crafting bench is up at Abyssal you either have to sacrifice running packs to go to the others.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast