+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: So lets bring up the Event timings again...

Quote Originally Posted by Malikite View Post
    It's such an obvious lie that anyone with any kind of computer should know that a god damn clock isnt ♥♥♥♥ing hardcoded jesus christ how naive can you be? They obviously have it set to GMT simply because it's the easiest, most lazy solution when dealing with time zones in both north america and the eu. I swear, someone with a red name drops a bit of jargon and you all blindly fall in line without thinking for even a second.
    Its not blindly following jargon but it IS how the game has ALWAYS been so most just accept it.

I work saturdays, i miss the fishing events, i miss mistmerrow MOST of the time, very rarely get to do abyssal, so on and so forth.

I deal with it.

Given all the easy solutions, I am pretty sure they do it because they want people who work to have to pay to gear up. That is the only logical reason I have ever come up with as well as come across on the forums. Trion's excuses are laughable, but they do try hard to get people to use their cash shop which they seem to have complete control over even though it requires changes to the hard code.

So I will say it again, the times are the times because Trion wants it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock9000 View Post
    Given all the easy solutions, I am pretty sure they do it because they want people who work to have to pay to gear up. That is the only logical reason I have ever come up with as well as come across on the forums. Trion's excuses are laughable, but they do try hard to get people to use their cash shop which they seem to have complete control over even though it requires changes to the hard code.

So I will say it again, the times are the times because Trion wants it that way.
    to be fair they've ALWAYS had control over the cash shop itself (not so much the items in it though ). But even with the odd timings of some events, doesnt necessarily translate into people spending cash to "gear" up. Since gear itself doesnt really drop from things like mistmerrow.

I mean after all there's not really ANYTHING in the cash shop that one gets from these events. But YES they do want you to use the cash shop and pay for patron but thats just...well... business no?

I do however believe their coding issues because lets face it, judging by the stuff i've seen in this game and judging by the stuff i've seen Trion themselves do in other games there has to be SOME explanation. Because in all of THIER games they bend over backwards for the populace (a little too much sometimes i feel) but here they do seem to have their hands tied with some things.

But then given the nature of this game, they'd be hard pressed to have these "events" at times that ALL on a server would feel "comfortable" with. But i'm sure if they had more control they'd be able to ease the pressure a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikite View Post
    It's such an obvious lie that anyone with any kind of computer should know that a god damn clock isnt ♥♥♥♥ing hardcoded jesus christ how naive can you be? They obviously have it set to GMT simply because it's the easiest, most lazy solution when dealing with time zones in both north america and the eu. I swear, someone with a red name drops a bit of jargon and you all blindly fall in line without thinking for even a second.
    You win the moronic post award. I mean, I'd love to use stronger words, but they'd still fall short of describing the sheer amount of fail in your post. Lets break this down for you so it's simple:

* natively, the game's home region is a single timezone
    * at the time of development, exporting to other regions likely wasnt a considered possibility
    * clock checking functions in the game, specifically for events and other game... activities i suppose, are hardcoded for a single timezone, which most often defaults to a GMT/UDT conversion
    * game gets exported to a market that probably spans 12 or more timezones

See where the problem lies? Hint, it's not the hardcoding, it's the market's massive time variances. To top it off, and this is where you make yourself look like a total fool, trion cant ♥♥♥♥ with the source code you gnat. They CANT ALTER the event timings beyond going to xlg and saying "hey, can you bump this back by an hour for our version?" Well guess what, that just means there's going to be people who cant do MM anymore for the same reason asking for it to be switched back. There's always going to be people who cant participate, so why should they change it in the first place.

Oh, and before you go off on a misguided rant again, go learn about the difference between the developer and a licensed publisher/distributor.

if it makes anyone feel any better
    i go to school
    and its daylight savings for me now
    so i cant go to any (my time) morning events
    and have to go before the night time halcy
    cant go to any event
    i cri

i honestly dont see why the events like MM or abyssal cant be put on a random timer. what I mean is, Each day or 24 hour period it can randomly activate at any given time within that 24 hour period. so if an event resets daily say around 4pm eastern which is about the time for MM.. then set it so the event's reset timer is set to a specific time. then the random timer kicks in and it can trigger at any time during the next 24 hours. so in essence with this you can have the event not happen for 46 hour or within 5 hours of each other and at different times. thus giving folks from all regions a chance to partake in a event, at least more than once or twice a week.

i mean, since Archeage does seem to love the random generator system. (looks at all the ingame regrading for armor, weapons and jewelry) yep, no random generator system there.

It sucks when I open my dailies and it include two MM to complete which I can't attend as well.

These fixed time events are something I never do, because they do not fit in with my life, and I'm not about to change my life to play some mini game at 2am, or 6am, or whichever time Mistmerrow is for me. I forget it's been months since I checked.

The good thing about these fixed time events is that they make the game less popular, which means fewer players and, most importantly, less lag.

Even if all this hardcoded times blabla is true (I don't know nothing about stuff like this) - why not increase the total amount of events slightly and differ the times from (week-)day to day? E.g. Monday 0am and 4am GMT, Tuesday 6am and 10am GMT and so on (just an example).

I'd love to do an event for example on Tuesdays only instead of never...

So many threads about this issue. Yet it still doesn't warrant a serious answer from Trion.. because you know, "Hey, it's not OUR game.. we only take your money!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast