+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: So lets bring up the Event timings again...

Most working people in the US can't make SoG or the lusca event, and of those only East Coast players have a prayer of making MM (assuming they have a short commute or violate traffic and/or space-time laws). That's 2,000+ honor per day and many warrior medals that they can't get. Now, introduce progression that requires 60k honor and 500 medals a pop; and we end up with a significant number of people with no reasonable mean of reaching those goals.

This is not a small matter. XL can choose to dismiss it and opt to not commit the dev cycles needed to fix it - but they can also expect to see a lot of players cancel and leave when they finally realize that can't progress due to a poor game design choice.
    Following you. But not on Twitter.

I just take the route of not bothering with the events. I'm not going to set my clocks and get up or log in for a few minutes for a specific event that simply doesn't work in my schedule. That is the life of an MMO ..or life in general. Some things don't work out for your personal schedule. That said, sure I wish they would change it, and it is odd to me not to have EU,NA, and yes, arguably even the multiple time zones in NA with separate schedules for events, but it is just not the end of the world to me. I participate in them on occasion when I'm available, but otherwise, I focus on the events that do fit my schedule.

While I prefer to participate in everything I can, an MMO is large and content rich so that you are able to play the content that fits your schedule and content you like. Hopefully those align.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    From what I know, it was literally our leading issue in yesterday's meetings. That's how much we would like it to change.
    That is good to hear. I certainly hope there will be a solution soon, because currently I actually stopped playing.
    The moments I have to play are currently spend hanging around on growlgate, because it is right in between the events. This is prime time GMT+1 (20:00-23:00'ish). Not really worth it.
    - Invincibility spammer / Leviathan Server / The Fallen -

Bump in support

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    Yes, you're right, XL uses the Korean time zone (KST) for their version of the game. Their team sets ours to GMT.
    Make them set it to GMT +2 and problem will be fixed.
    Auron
    <Reborn>

I just posted about this on another thread. Mistmerrow drives me nuts. I WANT to do the event and can't. And worse, I get a bloody Mistmerrow daily AT LEAST 3-4 times a week, generally on a business day because my luck sucks that way. So not only can I NOT do the event, but it means that I'm guaranteed to not be able to do all my Merit quests for more than half the week!

I have to say, with this thread in mind and an eye on the current in game seasonal event, I have to wonder if XL are just giving us ♥♥♥♥.

I mean, what company takes on board complaints about their game being unnecessarily restrictive at particular times of the day, and then goes and releases a limited time event that has a time of day sensitive component, the completion of which is needed for the top tier rewards.

XL are seriously either taking the piss or don't grasp the urgency this issue warrants. Trion need to communicate that to them, but this time in a way that actually gets through to them that they NEED to do better at this.

Current Eventtime -2 Hour will solve the Problem.
    (I suffer from lack of sleep)

Quote Originally Posted by Xiax View Post
    Current Eventtime -2 Hour will solve the Problem.
    (I suffer from lack of sleep)
    For Euros maybe. -2 hours would be trash for North America (current event times are primarily too early...it will be worse when Daylights Savings happens soon because all our times move back an hour, which makes it even worse for us because now all the event times REALLY fall during work/school hours).

The issue has always been the "1 size fits all, but fits none" approach that has been employed. If they insist on using real life times for these events, then the only true solution is a NA build and a EU build. That means XLgames and/or Trion needs to suck it up and do 2 identical builds, with different event times, then test them. The only reason that isn't being done is because one or both sides do not want to go through the effort of doing that.

If they do that, they also need to tweak the SOG and Lusca timing, not to mention MM. Lusca event happening so soon after SOG start means the SOG event has been ruined. It used to be pretty fun, now it consists of 1) One side killing Kraken uncontested 2) People trying to channel only to get the seaknight credit, not to actually spawn crystals 3) People dance around this faux-channeling for an hour, because people don't want to miss lusca 4) Lusca spawn, people finish quest and most port to Mistmerrow 5) People who stay at SOG typically have a nice quiet carebear crystal harvest because of apathy

*bump*
    - Invincibility spammer / Leviathan Server / The Fallen -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast