+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Morpheus Needs More Carebears

I know people use the term carebear in a derogative manner but I don't think it really is. To me, it's just another term for somebody who would rather do safe commerce and farming than PvP and high seas trading. Every successful PvP guild has a few carebears inside that work diligently to provide necessary goods, just like every good unit has a good quartermaster.

To me, those roles are as important. An army marches on its stomach, to quote the old Emperor.

Crafters would make a killing on Morpheus, think of the apex you could buy with the profits of a community lacking crafters...just saying

Nothing wrong with players focused on PVP and others focused on Crafting. My guild does both we make our supplies that we use for PVE and PVP. (Basically our in game chores)

Problem you get is the people who act as if doing anything non PVP related is not playing, needed or beneath them. Generally I think that portion of player base isn't as large as some would think. Seems those who act like that are also very vocal about it. (Much like a small dog that wont stop barking)

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata View Post
    It was more general than anything else. I hate it when a portion of the community attempts to claim that their way of playing a game is better than another group's. That doesn't come from any one person.

The rule of a game should always be that you should do what you have fun with. Just because someone else does something differently doesn't mean it's necessarily wrong. Farming is crazy fun to some people. PvP is crazy fun to some people. But not everyone loves those things. Some people explore, some people craft, some people play politics. That's the best part of ArcheAge, in my opinion -- you truly do get to choose your path.
    Yeah, I see your point it's funny to see the "arguments" against farmers or even against pvpers, but in the end each person does what they enjoy most(or at least they should) because having fun is what its all about.
    Maddiez | <Memento Mori> | Inoch(RIP)

TRASH GUILD DO NOT JOIN

Memento Mori(RIP) Guild Leader

Carebear|<Carebear Nation>|Morpheus(RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata View Post
    It was more general than anything else. I hate it when a portion of the community attempts to claim that their way of playing a game is better than another group's. That doesn't come from any one person.

The rule of a game should always be that you should do what you have fun with. Just because someone else does something differently doesn't mean it's necessarily wrong. Farming is crazy fun to some people. PvP is crazy fun to some people. But not everyone loves those things. Some people explore, some people craft, some people play politics. That's the best part of ArcheAge, in my opinion -- you truly do get to choose your path.
    ArcheAge = EVE Lite...
    If I'm posting here... It generally means I am not in game, playing happily...
    <<< Evicted vagabond of Lucius Server... Remembered, but never forgotten... >>>

I have some guildies that cant PVP due to lag issues. Does that make them a carebear?

I'm a care bear on Salphira, and the only reason I won't switch to any server is because there is too much for me to loose.
    All the time and money [irl and in-game] invested, land, and etc is just too much to give up.

It's impossible to get a hauler on Morpheus or lunar farms, so what do you expect us to care for, 1 8x8 and 16x16? Run packs on our donkeys? Also why run packs when there is constant world PvP?

For me as a carebear, I play for the fun of tending my "farms" and running packs; and that will be the same on any server I play.

Just my 2 cents.
    NA - Salphira - Maratx
    Costume + Plushie collector

Well I'm a dedicated farmer/crafter and the main reason I didn't roll on Morpheus at the last min. although being excited about the Fresh Server concept was 1. the toxic overly-competitive guilds and PVPer/PKers it had attracted... and 2. the Land-grabber Whales...

Ask yourselves... how could farmers possibly farm without any LAND.... for this reason I rolled elsewhere and HAPPILY now have 1. a farmhouse, 2. a Manor, and an island cottage with 3 16x16s. Oh, and am HAPPILY producing LOTS of wonderful produce, mats and crafted items at my peaceful leisure. Enjoy!~

PS, boy am I GLAD I didn't roll on Morpheus!
    "SORRY everyone. As I said in a different post, I accidentally deleted this thread. Thankfully, our team was able to get it back."
    -Muzzy, Connectivity Issues

I don't get the ♥♥♥♥♥♥ comment is it some joke i'm missing? About haulers and what not yeah TST are a bit pricy right now hovering around 350-400(apex =135-150), but land wasn't an issue at all. My girlfriend and I got like 8 16x16s and 2 24x24 connected in solis and a coastal 24x24 and 16 connected in torchyfyre bay. Packs prices don't even fluctuate much because people who don't grow things can only manage to barely scrape together enough mats for a few packs from the AH. Yeah there are trolls and what not, but it's actually not that bad, but then again I don't play super often.Regarding p2w t isn't even as bad as people make it out to be on the server. There are a few super whales but what server doesn't have whales. Also there are plenty of fresh small guilds and ofc there are the ♥♥♥♥♥♥y I think i'm good bigs ones, but don't forget everything inbetween. It's a nice server imo pretty laid back too
    Maddiez | <Memento Mori> | Inoch(RIP)

TRASH GUILD DO NOT JOIN

Memento Mori(RIP) Guild Leader

Carebear|<Carebear Nation>|Morpheus(RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by youtube Jasonwivart View Post
    I've said it before but we are in a famers maker right now on Morpheus, they can make 10-20silver per labor spent farming crops.
    Yes it's a boom for farmers right now but don't tell everyone. Let them continue to fill their land with larders
    Hokusai - Harani - Eanna
    Farmer, trader, wheeler-dealer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast