+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Morpheus Needs More Carebears

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata View Post
    It was more general than anything else. I hate it when a portion of the community attempts to claim that their way of playing a game is better than another group's. That doesn't come from any one person.

The rule of a game should always be that you should do what you have fun with. Just because someone else does something differently doesn't mean it's necessarily wrong. Farming is crazy fun to some people. PvP is crazy fun to some people. But not everyone loves those things. Some people explore, some people craft, some people play politics. That's the best part of ArcheAge, in my opinion -- you truly do get to choose your path.
    I am trying to enjoy all aspects of the game. Most of them mentioned above. Yet some time ago I witnessed as a group of PVP players created their own server of one quite known MMORPG. They made an obelisk which will give best PVP gear set to the players so they could just play PVP and no other aspects of the game. They had zero attendance after few weeks from jumpstart, because it was no real challenge.

PVP does not produce anything. Its the way how to blow all your consumables.
    EU / Retribution / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Maratx View Post
    I'm a care bear on Salphira, and the only reason I won't switch to any server is because there is too much for me to loose.
    All the time and money [irl and in-game] invested, land, and etc is just too much to give up.

It's impossible to get a hauler on Morpheus or lunar farms, so what do you expect us to care for, 1 8x8 and 16x16? Run packs on our donkeys? Also why run packs when there is constant world PvP?

For me as a carebear, I play for the fun of tending my "farms" and running packs; and that will be the same on any server I play.

Just my 2 cents.
    Lunar farms are off until October 16th. It's definitely possible to get a hauler right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddiez View Post
    Not sure if this was directed at me, but I was being quite serious. I guess carebear is seen as a negative way of addressing more crafting oriented players, but I like it XD (hence my name on Morpheus). The current morpheus AH is pretty empty in regards to crops and what not and the prices will only go up especially when someone decides to make public crafting houses and everyone can make consumables regardless of their proficiency which will end up driving up the prices of base mats by quite a bit XD So I was hoping my fellow crafters might see this and pop on over to farm away XD
    This is what happens when your population is so unbalanced.. All the newer players and people who hate to farm flock to your side cause they want people to carry them. It is why your side struggles so much and we laugh at you.

Oh and West has the master races not the East...

Quote Originally Posted by QQmore View Post
    This is what happens when your population is so unbalanced.. All the newer players and people who hate to farm flock to your side cause they want people to carry them. It is why your side struggles so much and we laugh at you.

Oh and West has the master races not the East...
    "Your side" Implies I have some sort of attachment to the east which I don't. Yes, I may play east and not purple on east players, but that's because they don't bother me. The amount of people wanting to get carried on the east I can't really comment on since I have yet to run into those types of players as i'm in a medium sized guild that luckily hasn't attracted any of those players into it. Saying the east was master race was more of a joke than anything, but I know at least my girlfriend and I will be creating a public fellowship, armorers house and possibly the consumables house too so I know farmers who do come over will benefit greatly from it (once we get them done) because you don't need proficiency to craft things. That's really why I invited them. I don't know much about the west side aside from the fact that you got a castle so maybe conditions are better on their side, but based solely on my experience with the east (carebears farmers and all inbetween) it's not that bad of a place to roll XD
    Maddiez | <Memento Mori> | Inoch(RIP)

TRASH GUILD DO NOT JOIN

Memento Mori(RIP) Guild Leader

Carebear|<Carebear Nation>|Morpheus(RIP)

When it was announced Tahyang would be the official RP server and not merged it certainly brought out the rage against the carebear in full force. People were being griefed and purpled on if they 'thought' they might be a carebear and the faction chat was just dripping with hatred toward them. I can understand that pvpers want to have content (other pvpers), but the server is not locked from char creation. It is not as if because a carebear is playing there it is preventing a pvper from making a char. To be honest I have seen quite a few carebears transform into pvpers just because as they gathered gold and gear they decided to give it a try and found they liked it.
    I am outraged that you are outraged, and if you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata View Post
    I hate it when a portion of the community....
    whoa whoa whoa whoa..... let's settle down with the hate.

I think Morpheus is a wonderful example of how much both types of players need each other. I mean a stack of peanuts is 300g right now! Kashi needs her pots. Let's get on this people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3