+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion Screwed Me

Trion Screwed Me

So I had my ArcheAge account tied to my PayPal, and that's how I was paying for my Patron. Well at some point I ended up earning the gold ingame to buy Patron time, so it stopped trying to charge my PayPal each month.

Then, I went away for a while. There was no money in my PayPal, so I thought, obviously, if it tried to charge me for ArcheAge, it would just get declined since that's what happened every other time. Keep in mind, there was no money in my bank account either. So there absolutely was no money for them to take.

Well that's not exactly what happened. Apparently, Trion REALLY, REALLY wanted my money. Because while I was away they pinged my account over, and over, and over, and over again trying to get the payment for Patron time to go through. Keep in mind, you don't get Patron until the payment is confirmed, so it's not like they were pushing for money that I owed them.

Well now I went into my bank to ask if my account was still active (I haven't used it in like, a year almost) and come to find that, guess what... SURPRISE, I'm now in debt 350 dollars.

Apparently every single time my PayPal got pinged for an ArcheAge payment, it would take the money from the bank, and then have it sent back when it saw I didn't have the funds. And I, for whatever reason, was being charged service fees for this.

So every single time my PayPal got pinged for a payment I got charged money I didn't have, and am now in debt 350 dollars. Thanks Trion.

Why didn't you just end your subscription?
    black list

Like I said, I was away. I didn't see that it was pinging my account over and over and over again. I have never seen anything do that. World of Warcraft for example. If they ping your account for a subscription and it gets declined, it cancels your subscription until you have the money and you just have to have it try again.

There is no sense in the system constantly pinging my account until the moment there is money in it so it can take it.

Did they pull your hair?
    Altimar
    Master Paladin, Noob Doomlord, Tanky af Templar, lolSkullknight
    "There are no casuals in this house." -Morsakin

This is in no way Trions fault. It is your fault for not canceling your subscription through either Trion itself or through paypal. You should take responsibility for your ♥♥♥♥ up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilavati View Post
    This is in no way Trions fault. It is your fault for not canceling your subscription through either Trion itself or through paypal. You should take responsibility for your ♥♥♥♥ up.
    Agreed, if you don't want to pay then don't have a subscription.

plus, it seems hard to believe that either your bank or PayPal didn't make an attempt to contact you, in the span over the year of this reportedly going on...
    If I'm posting here... It generally means I am not in game, playing happily...
    <<< Evicted vagabond of Lucius Server... Remembered, but never forgotten... >>>

Quote Originally Posted by Tousseau View Post
    plus, it seems hard to believe that either your bank or PayPal didn't make an attempt to contact you, in the span over the year of this reportedly going on...
    No, this is exactly how paypal works. Paypal issues an echeck which will always go through your bank and usually never get declined even if it has to overdraft, as the payment by paypal has already been made to the other party. It is 100% his fault.

You screwed yourself over by leaving an active payment plan. It was entirely your responsibility to cancel the subscription, the same way it is your responsibility to ensure you have funds in an account to pay for any bills etc. Subscriptions are automated transactions, the only way they stop is by your interaction. It would be the same if you had a monthly payment plan to a gym, unless you cancel it, it will continue.
    I've started to support global warming in the hope that it will melt all the snowflakes...

They screwed everyone who came back for 2.0 thinking they'd get a full release of features like KR.

Instead this broken abomination was released.

Never give them your CC details, they don't have mine after this fiasco...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast