+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion Screwed Me

Quote Originally Posted by someonee View Post
    No, this is exactly how paypal works. Paypal issues an echeck which will always go through your bank and usually never get declined even if it has to overdraft, as the payment by paypal has already been made to the other party. It is 100% his fault.
    it should have still appeared on his bank statements though, as a withdrawal... yes?
    If I'm posting here... It generally means I am not in game, playing happily...
    <<< Evicted vagabond of Lucius Server... Remembered, but never forgotten... >>>

It's a revolving payment.

Are 99% of revolving payments a scam to try to get you to continue to pay for something you don't use... YES.
    Is Trion's revolving payment a scam to try to get you to continue to pay for something you don't use... YES

Is this something new? No

Trion did not invent the revolving payment.

Somebody please punch me in the throat, I'm actually white-knighting for Trino
    SnuggleBear

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBear View Post
    It's a revolving payment.

Are 99% of revolving payments a scam to try to get you to continue to pay for something you don't use... YES.
    Is Trion's revolving payment a scam to try to get you to continue to pay for something you don't use... YES

Is this something new? No

Trion did not invent the revolving payment.

Somebody please punch me in the throat, I'm actually white-knighting for Trino
    I agree. This is both a scam and typical subscription practise. The worst example I experienced was when I tried to cancel my Xbox sub years ago and I had to ring up to do so even though I subscribed in the first place online, then was told by the person answering that I couldn't just unsub, he had to get to know me first. I'm slammed the phone down and closed the account I had tied to Xbox. Easy to sub, jump hoops to stop it.
    Hokusai - Harani - Eanna
    Farmer, trader, wheeler-dealer.

Use the main tool at your disposal which will work in your favor 90% of the time, reach out to Paypal.
    Customer Service, Communication, Compensation, Consistency
    Evolve your service

Why not cancel your sub, then? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tousseau View Post
    it should have still appeared on his bank statements though, as a withdrawal... yes?
    Yes it does - its really his fault for not seeing paypal withdrawing $15.00 extra a month. Not sure about other banks - but it comes up as "paypal transaction" with the amount as it posts to the account.

He could get his money back, but it would be quite the lengthy process.
    Xhisors
    Enigmatist --- Spellsong --- Daggerspell
    Honor Bound | Commander

Quote Originally Posted by Bell View Post
    Like I said, I was away. I didn't see that it was pinging my account over and over and over again. I have never seen anything do that. World of Warcraft for example. If they ping your account for a subscription and it gets declined, it cancels your subscription until you have the money and you just have to have it try again.

There is no sense in the system constantly pinging my account until the moment there is money in it so it can take it.
    I have worked in banking a long, long time and I do not know why people think it is okay to just let the bank decline something instead of actively cancelling a reoccurring payment or purchase. There are costs to paypal and trion's bank for processing the NSF transaction and, yes, you should be charged. The only way I could refund NSF fees to a customer is if they signed an affidavit stating that the transaction was fraud or they contacted the company and cancelled the transaction before the transaction actually hit their account.
    I am outraged that you are outraged, and if you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

If you want to cancel you sub, stop the sub on your trion account, and stop the recurring payment on your payal. You've just cancelled succesfully!
    Kes (60k+ Elven Alchemist!)

West - Morpheus Server

Quote Originally Posted by BatPikachu View Post
    Why didn't you just end your subscription?
    That's what I want to know as well.
    "Some People Are Alive Simply Because It's Illegal To Kill Them"

Mudbone [LaZy] (Farmer Extraordinaire)
    <The Imperium of LaZy Nation> on Ollo(NA East)

Quote Originally Posted by Bell View Post
    So I had my ArcheAge account tied to my PayPal, and that's how I was paying for my Patron. Well at some point I ended up earning the gold ingame to buy Patron time, so it stopped trying to charge my PayPal each month.

Then, I went away for a while. There was no money in my PayPal, so I thought, obviously, if it tried to charge me for ArcheAge, it would just get declined since that's what happened every other time. Keep in mind, there was no money in my bank account either. So there absolutely was no money for them to take.

Well that's not exactly what happened. Apparently, Trion REALLY, REALLY wanted my money. Because while I was away they pinged my account over, and over, and over, and over again trying to get the payment for Patron time to go through. Keep in mind, you don't get Patron until the payment is confirmed, so it's not like they were pushing for money that I owed them.

Well now I went into my bank to ask if my account was still active (I haven't used it in like, a year almost) and come to find that, guess what... SURPRISE, I'm now in debt 350 dollars.

Apparently every single time my PayPal got pinged for an ArcheAge payment, it would take the money from the bank, and then have it sent back when it saw I didn't have the funds. And I, for whatever reason, was being charged service fees for this.

So every single time my PayPal got pinged for a payment I got charged money I didn't have, and am now in debt 350 dollars. Thanks Trion.
    Sounds like a personal problem with poor managed money....

I feel bad for you and whoever marry you in the future for yes, you are dumb af.
    RIP 2014 - 2018
    Cardiologist/Physician/Giver

"Time for me to move on, have fun everybody and be nice to each other and play the selfless game. After all, its just a game." - Cardio

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast