+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion Screwed Me

Hybrid View

Trion Screwed Me

So I had my ArcheAge account tied to my PayPal, and that's how I was paying for my Patron. Well at some point I ended up earning the gold ingame to buy Patron time, so it stopped trying to charge my PayPal each month.

Then, I went away for a while. There was no money in my PayPal, so I thought, obviously, if it tried to charge me for ArcheAge, it would just get declined since that's what happened every other time. Keep in mind, there was no money in my bank account either. So there absolutely was no money for them to take.

Well that's not exactly what happened. Apparently, Trion REALLY, REALLY wanted my money. Because while I was away they pinged my account over, and over, and over, and over again trying to get the payment for Patron time to go through. Keep in mind, you don't get Patron until the payment is confirmed, so it's not like they were pushing for money that I owed them.

Well now I went into my bank to ask if my account was still active (I haven't used it in like, a year almost) and come to find that, guess what... SURPRISE, I'm now in debt 350 dollars.

Apparently every single time my PayPal got pinged for an ArcheAge payment, it would take the money from the bank, and then have it sent back when it saw I didn't have the funds. And I, for whatever reason, was being charged service fees for this.

So every single time my PayPal got pinged for a payment I got charged money I didn't have, and am now in debt 350 dollars. Thanks Trion.

Why didn't you just end your subscription?
    black list

Quote Originally Posted by BatPikachu View Post
    Why didn't you just end your subscription?
    That's what I want to know as well.
    "Some People Are Alive Simply Because It's Illegal To Kill Them"

Mudbone [LaZy] (Farmer Extraordinaire)
    <The Imperium of LaZy Nation> on Ollo(NA East)

Like I said, I was away. I didn't see that it was pinging my account over and over and over again. I have never seen anything do that. World of Warcraft for example. If they ping your account for a subscription and it gets declined, it cancels your subscription until you have the money and you just have to have it try again.

There is no sense in the system constantly pinging my account until the moment there is money in it so it can take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bell View Post
    Like I said, I was away. I didn't see that it was pinging my account over and over and over again. I have never seen anything do that. World of Warcraft for example. If they ping your account for a subscription and it gets declined, it cancels your subscription until you have the money and you just have to have it try again.

There is no sense in the system constantly pinging my account until the moment there is money in it so it can take it.
    I have worked in banking a long, long time and I do not know why people think it is okay to just let the bank decline something instead of actively cancelling a reoccurring payment or purchase. There are costs to paypal and trion's bank for processing the NSF transaction and, yes, you should be charged. The only way I could refund NSF fees to a customer is if they signed an affidavit stating that the transaction was fraud or they contacted the company and cancelled the transaction before the transaction actually hit their account.
    I am outraged that you are outraged, and if you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Katki View Post
    I have worked in banking a long, long time and I do not know why people think it is okay to just let the bank decline something instead of actively cancelling a reoccurring payment or purchase. There are costs to paypal and trion's bank for processing the NSF transaction and, yes, you should be charged. The only way I could refund NSF fees to a customer is if they signed an affidavit stating that the transaction was fraud or they contacted the company and cancelled the transaction before the transaction actually hit their account.
    while i agree the op should have canceled the sub and payed closer attention to his accounts. Please do not make it sound as if banks dont screw up or give refunds due to their screw ups. allow me to explain, in my situation. I check my account and have the bank go over it with me every friday so i know everything is constantly up to snuff. i didnt use a different branch. Got paid on a Thursday. Woke up on friday and headed off to the bank to deposit $200 into my special debit account i use for online gaming and a life insurance payment. which comes to, just under $45 for 1 month. on wed , 5 days later i receive no less than 23 over draft notices from the bank. I had taken my mail to work and opened it while i was on lunch break so i had to wait until Thursday to stop at the bank, as i work 2nd shift. When i get their and start making my inquiries. Both the life insurance company and Blizzard (WoW) had repeatedly tried charging their fees, the bank said i owed them $1237.00 in over draft fees, at $37 overdraft fee per pop. Now, I asked to see the statement on their pc. The first overdraft hit on tuesday morning for $2.95 and just steamrolled from there. I noticed the clerk had failed to deposit the $200 into my account on friday thru monday. even with my deposit slip in hand they had the gull to tell me and i quote " we dont make mistakes you still have to pay the overdraft fees". After threating to call everyone from my lawyer, to the irs to the state police. they finally agreed the mistake was made by their employee and refunded everything.

So for those who say gaming companies dont repeat failed charge attempts, dont believe it. they most certainly do keep trying to charge for that sub.
    for those who say banks dont make mistakes and dont do refunds, yes they do depending on the situation and whos at fault.
    for those who dont pay attention to their own subscriptions, well you should be given a reality check because this stuff adds up.

Did they pull your hair?
    Altimar
    Master Paladin, Noob Doomlord, Tanky af Templar, lolSkullknight
    "There are no casuals in this house." -Morsakin

This is in no way Trions fault. It is your fault for not canceling your subscription through either Trion itself or through paypal. You should take responsibility for your ♥♥♥♥ up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilavati View Post
    This is in no way Trions fault. It is your fault for not canceling your subscription through either Trion itself or through paypal. You should take responsibility for your ♥♥♥♥ up.
    Agreed, if you don't want to pay then don't have a subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilavati View Post
    Boy, all you trolls responding like this are so obviously either stupid ♥♥♥ teenagers or complete dip♥♥♥♥s. He WENT AWAY !!! For those who can't read between the lines, try reading between his index and ring fingers !!! I'm sure he is referring to jail ya dumbasses. Not like he was given a computer and internet to manage his finances. Good Lord save us from these trolls constantly showing their IQ's are equal to their dick sizes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast