Closed Thread
Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: ArcheAge North America Weekly Maintenance: 10/6/15 at 7:00 AM PDT [COMPLETE]

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    Today's maintenance isn't just about a patch. We're also performing some backend server updates, rolling system restarts, and a few other pieces of maintenance. To be more specific, the size of a patch does not denote how much work we may be doing on a given day.

So the additional stuff took...50 minutes longer than estimated, not 180 minutes longer.

Lol. Celestrata, how do not tear your hair out every day?

haha, i cant be the only one having this problem.

a reply would be greatly appreciated.

Today's maintenance isn't just about a patch. We're also performing some backend server updates, rolling system restarts, and a few other pieces of maintenance. To be more specific, the size of a patch does not denote how much work we may be doing on a given day.
    "to be more specific: vaguely worded statement with jargon I know smileyface"

Sasuga.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikite View Post
    "to be more specific: vaguely worded statement with jargon I know smileyface"

Sasuga.
    Nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Closer View Post
    haha, i cant be the only one having this problem.

a reply would be greatly appreciated.
    You can try looking in your ArcheAge install folder for a file called history.txt and open it. It should should a line that says "version 251598f" you can try replacing that with "version 251096f".

It's best if you just type the number in over top of the other number without pasting in the whole thing unless you copy it from an existing file (IE, not from the forums).

If that doesn't make it so it downloads the patch I can send you the file since there is technically a line feed which is unprintable between the number and the f.

Angry

The servers are now open and available. Thank you for your patience, everyone, and apologize again for this morning's mistake.
    Well, if they are available, then why am I getting error #1005? They obviously aren't available yet!

Just a followup:

I did not trust any amount of estimate for the duration of the maintenance, and because Trion closed 30 minutes early while I was in the middle of a real estate transaction, it suddenly became imperative that I do nothing else with my morning except watch for the server to come up....

So I did, and happily I managed to get to a mailbox, retrieve my design, and replace it on my demoed land before anyone else happened upon it. The buyer then returned, I demoed it again, and he is now the happy owner of a new property.

So, yes, it did end well. But only because I was forced to sit at my computer for the last two hours , when, as an adult with a real life as well as a game life, I had other plans that were put on hold.

I would strongly urge Trion to not bother with the in-game estimates of when the server is going down if they are going to continue to be so wildly inaccurate. Say, rather, that "We plan to go down sometime today, but our left hand does not know what our right hand is doing, so, honestly, it would be best that you play someone else's game today." That would better reflect the reality of the situation.

In any case, I have gone ahead and cancelled my recurring patronage. I will reevaluate when it expires in two months.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    You can try looking in your ArcheAge install folder for a file called history.txt and open it. It should should a line that says "version 251598f" you can try replacing that with "version 251096f".

It's best if you just type the number in over top of the other number without pasting in the whole thing unless you copy it from an existing file (IE, not from the forums).

If that doesn't make it so it downloads the patch I can send you the file since there is technically a line feed which is unprintable between the number and the f.
    Mine already says that and it still gives the error #1005!!!

help me

help me pls im playing NA AND EUROPE BUT İ GO NA AND update game after i touch play saying failed loading game data and im come back europe going re install game 9.5 gb

sorry for language

adn now north america to going re install game

someone give me pls version history log ?
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Live

Everytime I try to log in it goes to the cut scene and then the game closes. I have reinstalled and still nothing.

Closed Thread
Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast