+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 143

Thread: Cart blocking bannable, Cant pvp in housing zones. What is next?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    287

    Cart blocking bannable, Cant pvp in housing zones. What is next?

    As some one who has played since alpha for the sandbox elements of this game the recent policy changes to pvping in housing zones and cart blocking concern me. A lot of my content personally has revolved around fighting in housing zones and cart blocking people into payment. This kind of stuff is setting a bad precedent for the future. What is next? No scamming? No harpooning our of peace? I feel like making cart blocking bannable is just a lazy fix on trions part. There could have been a multitude of other things you could have done. For example lowering riders escape cooldown would have been a simple solution. You cant start changing things like pvp in housing and no cart blocking without making players worry about future changes.
    BAKA GUILD LEADER Samurai Morpheus // Stunt Kyrios

    Baka is playing BDO send pm to join

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    285
    ^

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    658
    LandGrabbing then Scamming , crappooning then giving enough info on ah items so labor overpricing and such are dead; keep the good work @Cellestrata!

    OP: If your "content" evolved around burning time stupidly griefing farmers and Bblocking maybe you shouldnt aim for a korean game where the target is to gear-up and the limit is nearly-unreachable for that. There are a lot of games where your lack of planning or efficiency wont be punished so hard
    To "grief" simply means that you are trying to negatively impact the game play experience of another player.

    Source: https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/e...ons-Harassment Glyphs / Trion Code of conduct

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    817
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekemoth View Post
    LandGrabbing then Scamming , crappooning then giving enough info on ah items so labor overpricing and such are dead; keep the good work @Cellestrata!

    OP: If your "content" evolved around burning time stupidly griefing farmers and Bblocking maybe you shouldnt aim for a korean game where the target is to gear-up and the limit is nearly-unreachable for that. There are a lot of games where your lack of planning or efficiency wont be punished so hard
    solid post right here i must say.

    i have been known to grief farmers too.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekemoth View Post
    LandGrabbing then Scamming , crappooning then giving enough info on ah items so labor overpricing and such are dead; keep the good work @Cellestrata!

    OP: If your "content" evolved around burning time stupidly griefing farmers and Bblocking maybe you shouldnt aim for a korean game where the target is to gear-up and the limit is nearly-unreachable for that. There are a lot of games where your lack of planning or efficiency wont be punished so hard
    The idea that anyone can play a sandbox game and come up with ways to entertain themselves is awesome. While I don't condone this particular behavior, it's another example of people finding a way to have fun. It literally doesn't matter if you or I don't agree with it, it's supposed to be sandbox and by banning for it rather than implementing counter measures they're effectively removing sand.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    658
    Quote Originally Posted by kilrain View Post
    The idea that anyone can play a sandbox game and come up with ways to entertain themselves is awesome. While I don't condone this particular behavior, it's another example of people finding a way to have fun. It literally doesn't matter if you or I don't agree with it, it's supposed to be sandbox and by banning for it rather than implementing counter measures they're effectively removing sand.
    There has to be limits to freedom even on sandbox games. Where your fun kills other person fun just for it is a pretty solid example.

    Now people will come saying "hey, if i steal you a pack i kill your fun?" and such strawman arguments, but on these cases the stealer can correctly argument he does it for profit. Once you gain nothing while doing so, then it changes (and please, setting a blockade was rarelly about profit but about salt).

    There also has to be limits mechanically on $$ issues like giving a way to safely trade (ah), sell a house (appraisal) or even defense for your possessions (cant destroy a tax paid house).

    Safe zones are there so the small fish can live, feed and growth. Big fishes go there whit their zerg guilds, angry because those small fishes dont go out to play whit them? (and feed them) The devs had to put absolute defenses on housing zones, had to stop those "emergent gameplays" and will have to take more measures to give the small fishes a chance to growth, dont like it? go arena, go active pvp zones like library surroundings, go abyssal.

    Small fishes are neededs even if u "dont like it", and those measures are there because people was leaving the game due to YOUR actions, enjoy the result.

    PD: this post was an answer to @kilrain but the comments arent directed to you bud, sorry for that
    To "grief" simply means that you are trying to negatively impact the game play experience of another player.

    Source: https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/e...ons-Harassment Glyphs / Trion Code of conduct

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekemoth View Post
    There has to be limits to freedom even on sandbox games. Where your fun kills other person fun just for it is a pretty solid example.

    Now people will come saying "hey, if i steal you a pack i kill your fun?" and such strawman arguments, but on these cases the stealer can correctly argument he does it for profit. Once you gain nothing while doing so, then it changes (and please, setting a blockade was rarelly about profit but about salt).

    There also has to be limits mechanically on $$ issues like giving a way to safely trade (ah), sell a house (appraisal) or even defense for your possessions (cant destroy a tax paid house).

    Safe zones are there so the small fish can live, feed and growth. Big fishes go there whit their zerg guilds, angry because those small fishes dont go out to play whit them? (and feed them) The devs had to put absolute defenses on housing zones, had to stop those "emergent gameplays" and will have to take more measures to give the small fishes a chance to growth, dont like it? go arena, go active pvp zones like library surroundings, go abyssal.

    Small fishes are neededs even if u "dont like it", and those measures are there because people was leaving the game due to YOUR actions, enjoy the result.

    PD: this post was an answer to @kilrain but the comments arent directed to you bud, sorry for that
    Nothing will ever be fair, why should something be dumbed down because some people cant figure out ways around things? Its an MMO , if you want to play alone then it is not the game for you. There are means of evading blockades..get friends use riders escape etc. Why should the game be policed because of a few situations and a small majority of players? Do not even bring up that poll because we both know it meant nothing. Its a social game that puts players against eachother as well as brings them together. People should know what they are getting into before playing and if they cant handle it then maybe this is not the game for them.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
    Cart blocking bannable, Cant pvp in housing zones. What is next?
    Forced dope smoking and kumbaya singing around campfires.

    *runs around hysterically waving arms* THE END IS COMING!!!

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    333
    More real PvP and less carebearing, it's wonderful!

    The tears from the so-called sandboxers is awesome, look forward to seeing you on the ocean...

    Don't worry the blood and tears wash out, eventually

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    273
    Get your ♥♥♥♥ together trion. Since all housing areas are now safe, how about making the non housing areas of perpetual peace zones into conflict areas. You know the perpetual peace zones were for the farmers anyway, so since all housing is safe give us all conflict zones.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts