+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Cart blocking bannable, Cant pvp in housing zones. What is next?

Is it just me or are the grievers crying harder than carebears. Ironic

Quote Originally Posted by burkechrs1 View Post
    That's the thing. A true sandbox game has no rules. The proper way to play a sandbox is do whatever the fkyou want. If I want to be server police I can. If I want to go out of my way to ruin everyone's day, I can. If I want to pick potatoes I can. Carebears are making this game their game, its not longer a do whatever you want sandbox.
    There are so many things wrong with your opening sentence I don't even know where to begin. Along with the second sentence.

There is no such thing as a "true sand box", in the sense there are no rules whatsoever. That's not "sand box", that's just uncontrolled, unstructured anarchy. Probably the best case for you to find that is say Call of Duty or some other FPS where you are free to turn on your team mates if you want to.

You DO know EvE, one of the most celebrated sand box games in the MMORPG genre, has things called High-Sec and Low-Sec, right? Along with automated response in High-Sec if you dikk off with your ship. Even assuming clever exceptions, the solid RULE is . . . your ship gets blown to dust, so no, you don't get to "just do-zors whatever-zors I wants to Mommy, cause I haves to!"

Sand Box elements really enhance a game, a LOT. There SHOULD be a great deal of Freedoms between players, and differing play styles and positions (e.g. Stealing vs protecting). Absolutely. Lots of opportunity to PvP, to farm, to quest, or to gank. Here's the thing though:

Freedom is defined by the boundaries that shape it. Your Freedom (Sand Box) ends where someone elses begins. Thus the challenge for developers and designers is forming boundaries and limitations to shape the game world, in both it's boundaries and freedoms. For everyone.

"For any PvP action to be valid, the opposite must also be true." - TAT

Quote Originally Posted by Enklaz View Post
    yup, i know quite a few ppl who quit (massive whales too) since everywhere is literally peace zone now, removing the interesting part of archeage (may as well make all the farmland ♥♥♥♥ instanced)
    In terms of area, less than a quarter of the game word is safe, and that includes all farmland.

People that stay in safe zones and then complain about the game being nothing but safe zones are not people that need to be listened to.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    ------------------------------^

Quote Originally Posted by Noaani View Post
    In terms of area, less than a quarter of the game word is safe, and that includes all farmland.

People that stay in safe zones and then complain about the game being nothing but safe zones are not people that need to be listened to.
    ---------------------------------------^

They are... and I was planning on making myself a nice margarita from all that salty goodness Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by talizzar View Post
    Killing Farmers and time griefing people has driven a substantial portion of the population out of the game. Players that Trion and the game needs. So yes. If you were less of a turd, we would not have these policies.
    You thinking killing and griefing is what has driven away the population???

How about the RNG box exploit that let you get luckies or red regrades and let players get high regrades on their gear in the first month-two months of launch? How about the APEX exploit that let players get thousands of APEX? How about the Auroria launch where a lot of players couldn't login to to claim land/castles? How about LAND HACKS, TELEPORT HACKS, the TRADE WINDOW glitch? None of that? Not even the free dolphins that were given to players who quit even though ACTIVE players opened hundreds of boxes for nothing? I can name at least 2 more exploits! Hellkissed weapons! Divine coins!

This may be the best relevant data we have for ArcheAge: http://redditmetrics.com/r/archeage

The ArcheAge subscriptions:
    INCREASE: 4-25-14 (Alpha)
    INCREASE: 9-17-14 (Launch) http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...-Play-Free-Now!
    DECLINED: 11-13-14 (9 days after Auroria release) http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...-this-November

Please tell me why players are quitting?
    -`ღ´- Synna -`ღ´-
    Cleric | tbd
    ᕙ(Ծ _Ծ‶)ᕗ

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
    1. A lot of my content personally has revolved around fighting in housing zones and cart blocking people into payment.
    2. You cant start changing things like pvp in housing and no cart blocking without making players worry about future changes.
    You sir are not an actual PVPer. Blocking people in carts who can not retaliate or waiting for some unsuspecting victim to walk out his door so you can gain an advantage is not real PVP. You sir are "Jacking" people which is not really a form of pvp. You see in pvp, each player goes in knowing he is about to fight but since a fair fight in the arena is not something you can do, you have to resort to jacking unsuspecting people because without the element of surprise on some unsuspecting farmer, you would get beat down like a dog.

I am very sorry that they are taking away your ability to earn honor in dishonorable ways. Perhaps another game would be more to your liking. Might I suggest Eve Online where you can bump miners away from roids and suicide gank them all day and they can not actually fight back. This way you can satisfy your need to jack people who cant fight back while leaving this game to the actual pvpers in the world.

Absolutely! I am salty as ♥♥♥♥! Pissed off to no end.

What you carebears dont realize is that we participate in all aspects of the game. Trade Runs, PVP, World Boss, PVE, blocking, you name it we do it. Everything this game has/had to offer we do it. You carebears on the other hand dont. So you only care about one aspect of the game. Your potato farms.

In the last month Trion has taken away housing zone pvp and now trade blocking. Sowe as players of the entire game wonder what the ♥♥♥♥ they are going to take away next. While we have invested much time and much money in our characters to do what we want when we want according to the sandbox, we worry about what is next.

You dont want to be killed on your farm when picking cotton. I get it. But is that hard to run back from the nui? There is no penalty from dieing at all. However now i cant kill my enemies green or red ever if they are in a safe zone. Its impossible. Does it really make sense that we should cater to people who lose nothing on death, or cater to the open world PVP aspect of the game which EVERYONE can participate in.

Now they say they are banning blocking. So now every trade run in the game is safe. Your pax will turn in for 80% of value and you will make less. It will be a mindless excercise that you get to do every hour of the day instead of having to think your way around obstacles and ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s like me who is blocking trade routes so my friends can get the higher prices and I can try to steal your cart.

Youguys are the problem for the future of this game. You dont think about alternate strategies. You want Farmville. And you are getting closer to getting it.
    Tractor Team 6 (retired)
    Dirtbag/EmmJay

Quote Originally Posted by Bramble View Post
    There are so many things wrong with your opening sentence I don't even know where to begin. Along with the second sentence.

There is no such thing as a "true sand box", in the sense there are no rules whatsoever. That's not "sand box", that's just uncontrolled, unstructured anarchy. Probably the best case for you to find that is say Call of Duty or some other FPS where you are free to turn on your team mates if you want to.

You DO know EvE, one of the most celebrated sand box games in the MMORPG genre, has things called High-Sec and Low-Sec, right? Along with automated response in High-Sec if you dikk off with your ship. Even assuming clever exceptions, the solid RULE is . . . your ship gets blown to dust, so no, you don't get to "just do-zors whatever-zors I wants to Mommy, cause I haves to!"

Sand Box elements really enhance a game, a LOT. There SHOULD be a great deal of Freedoms between players, and differing play styles and positions (e.g. Stealing vs protecting). Absolutely. Lots of opportunity to PvP, to farm, to quest, or to gank. Here's the thing though:

Freedom is defined by the boundaries that shape it. Your Freedom (Sand Box) ends where someone elses begins. Thus the challenge for developers and designers is forming boundaries and limitations to shape the game world, in both it's boundaries and freedoms. For everyone.

"For any PvP action to be valid, the opposite must also be true." - TAT
    Yes and in Eve when something gets out of hand they don't make it a bannable offense. They give ways to counter it. Rather than take the piss poor lazy way out with blockades they very easily could add a mechanic in the game to combat it. For example someone could put a mark on a hauler, if that hauler isn't moved X amount of meters away in a certain amount of time it becomes flagged and can be attacked. Something like that. But making everything that a portion of the community disagrees with a bannable offense is not sandboxy. That's just lazy as ♥♥♥♥.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast