+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Cart blocking bannable, Cant pvp in housing zones. What is next?

Quote Originally Posted by kilrain View Post
    The idea that anyone can play a sandbox game and come up with ways to entertain themselves is awesome. While I don't condone this particular behavior, it's another example of people finding a way to have fun. It literally doesn't matter if you or I don't agree with it, it's supposed to be sandbox and by banning for it rather than implementing counter measures they're effectively removing sand.
    There has to be limits to freedom even on sandbox games. Where your fun kills other person fun just for it is a pretty solid example.

Now people will come saying "hey, if i steal you a pack i kill your fun?" and such strawman arguments, but on these cases the stealer can correctly argument he does it for profit. Once you gain nothing while doing so, then it changes (and please, setting a blockade was rarelly about profit but about salt).

There also has to be limits mechanically on $$ issues like giving a way to safely trade (ah), sell a house (appraisal) or even defense for your possessions (cant destroy a tax paid house).

Safe zones are there so the small fish can live, feed and growth. Big fishes go there whit their zerg guilds, angry because those small fishes dont go out to play whit them? (and feed them) The devs had to put absolute defenses on housing zones, had to stop those "emergent gameplays" and will have to take more measures to give the small fishes a chance to growth, dont like it? go arena, go active pvp zones like library surroundings, go abyssal.

Small fishes are neededs even if u "dont like it", and those measures are there because people was leaving the game due to YOUR actions, enjoy the result.

PD: this post was an answer to @kilrain but the comments arent directed to you bud, sorry for that
    To "grief" simply means that you are trying to negatively impact the game play experience of another player.

Source: https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/e...ons-Harassment Glyphs / Trion Code of conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Pekemoth View Post
    There has to be limits to freedom even on sandbox games. Where your fun kills other person fun just for it is a pretty solid example.

Now people will come saying "hey, if i steal you a pack i kill your fun?" and such strawman arguments, but on these cases the stealer can correctly argument he does it for profit. Once you gain nothing while doing so, then it changes (and please, setting a blockade was rarelly about profit but about salt).

There also has to be limits mechanically on $$ issues like giving a way to safely trade (ah), sell a house (appraisal) or even defense for your possessions (cant destroy a tax paid house).

Safe zones are there so the small fish can live, feed and growth. Big fishes go there whit their zerg guilds, angry because those small fishes dont go out to play whit them? (and feed them) The devs had to put absolute defenses on housing zones, had to stop those "emergent gameplays" and will have to take more measures to give the small fishes a chance to growth, dont like it? go arena, go active pvp zones like library surroundings, go abyssal.

Small fishes are neededs even if u "dont like it", and those measures are there because people was leaving the game due to YOUR actions, enjoy the result.

PD: this post was an answer to @kilrain but the comments arent directed to you bud, sorry for that
    Nothing will ever be fair, why should something be dumbed down because some people cant figure out ways around things? Its an MMO , if you want to play alone then it is not the game for you. There are means of evading blockades..get friends use riders escape etc. Why should the game be policed because of a few situations and a small majority of players? Do not even bring up that poll because we both know it meant nothing. Its a social game that puts players against eachother as well as brings them together. People should know what they are getting into before playing and if they cant handle it then maybe this is not the game for them.

Quote Originally Posted by JustLindsay View Post
    Nothing will ever be fair, why should something be dumbed down because some people cant figure out ways around things? Its an MMO , if you want to play alone then it is not the game for you. There are means of evading blockades..get friends use riders escape etc. Why should the game be policed because of a few situations and a small majority of players? Do not even bring up that poll because we both know it meant nothing. Its a social game that puts players against eachother as well as brings them together. People should know what they are getting into before playing and if they cant handle it then maybe this is not the game for them.
    Same argument could be said about destroying houses, the honor glitch whit those that abused it, and so on. There had to be a limit and the publisher did put it (mostly due to your guild efforts)

1. You say the traderunner is going antisocial, yet you spend time and resources to gain nothing but joy out of other,s bad feelings...
    2. You are deciding the poll did mean nothing.
    3. Can you tell me where in the AA announcement was the "limitless grieffing" promoted?
    4. Above all, please explain me: what is a "small majority"?
    5. Yeah, the game puts players against other players, and does so by using Factions, honor and crime, if you cant handle that ...
    To "grief" simply means that you are trying to negatively impact the game play experience of another player.

Source: https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/e...ons-Harassment Glyphs / Trion Code of conduct

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15