+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need clearification

Need clearification

On the blockaiding in the ocean...

and all things related to ship vs ship interactions..

Currently against the rules.

Any specific point you want clarification on can be summed up as follows; if an action or inaction you do prevents a player from getting where they want to go in a reasonable manner, there is a chance you will be action ed against.

Stopping a ship in the ocean isn't blocking, as players can sail around it with absolutely no issue. Stopping a ship at the entrance to a harbor would be blocking if players are then unable to sail in to said harbor.

As per Celestrata, don't try and ruleslawyer your way out of a blockade (ie, don't try and justify any kind of blockade), as they are being fairly firm on their new stance.

Perhaps a safer way to look at it - if you want to keep your account, don't hinder the movements of others in any way other than combat.

Example: Blocking the water path north cinderstone, would be bannable? having a galleon at either entrance preventing from traveling through that channel?

If their game mechanic is so hurtful they have to threaten people with bans they need to change their stupid mechanic. My money is a dev got blocked and is having a sad

Quote Originally Posted by Atax2 View Post
    If their game mechanic is so hurtful they have to threaten people with bans they need to change their stupid mechanic. My money is a dev got blocked and is having a sad
    The policy is hopefully only temporary. Trion have been asking XL for player tools to combat blockades for 6 months or so, and this is just in place until those tools arrive (in theory).

@OP - if you want to play it safe, don't.

Trion have said they are not going to clarify the rules too much (leaves it open for ruleslawyering, which they don't want). To me that would seem OK, as there is an easy path to take, but that may not be how Trion rule such a decision.

Basically a question of what sort of risk are you willing to take, but don't expect much clarification from Trion.

Quote Originally Posted by Noaani View Post
    The policy is hopefully only temporary. Trion have been asking XL for player tools to combat blockades for 6 months or so, and this is just in place until those tools arrive (in theory).

@OP - if you want to play it safe, don't.

Trion have said they are not going to clarify the rules too much (leaves it open for ruleslawyering, which they don't want). To me that would seem OK, as there is an easy path to take, but that may not be how Trion rule such a decision.

Basically a question of what sort of risk are you willing to take, but don't expect much clarification from Trion.
    But by not clarifying they are leaving it big hole in the whole rule, anything can be considered blocking. Hell someone steals your own cart and you can't even block it, they are basically telling you you can't defend yourself.
    IGN: Lachrymator | Server: Kraken | Faction: Nui
    Guild: Shipwrecked

Quote Originally Posted by Lachrymator View Post
    But by not clarifying they are leaving it big hole in the whole rule, anything can be considered blocking. Hell someone steals your own cart and you can't even block it, they are basically telling you you can't defend yourself.
    That is exactly the point. They want to decide based on the situation.

I would assume they would rule in your favor I'd you blocked your own cart in order to get it back, but I personally wouldn't put myself in a situation where I need to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachrymator View Post
    That's what owner's mark is for in a peace zone.

But Noq's example would likely fit being against the new policy.

As far as being out in the middle of the ocean, it's kind of ... hard to block a ship.

Edit: Regardless of how they uphold the policy, those that want to gank will still find ways of doing so.
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Noaani View Post
    That is exactly the point. They want to decide based on the situation.

I would assume they would rule in your favor I'd you blocked your own cart in order to get it back, but I personally wouldn't put myself in a situation where I need to find out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    To answer your question, yes, it still is a blockade. You did steal the cart fair and square.
    Not quite. Better not try to get your cart back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast