View Poll Results: Would you support a fresh PvP ruleset server

Voters
526. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    362 68.82%
  • No

    164 31.18%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 432

Thread: Would you support a PvP rulset server with transfers - like was opened up in KR this July

  1. #191
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekinox View Post
    FUNNY how you just read my first paragraph and totaly ignored the rest of it. You just prove how useles it is to even talk to you.. Damn a block option could be usefull on the forum sometimes ( oh wait, i could be ban for that ? )
    I read parts of the rest of your post, but when I got up to you saying that pirates in KR can attack in safe zones, I stopped as it was clear you have no idea what you are talking about.

    FYI, in KR, pirates can attack in war zones (Cinderstone, Yny) when they are in a state of peace, but can not attack in peace zones (2 crowns, Solis) at all unless they are attacked first. In peace zones, the zones that cause issues with afk blockades, KR has the same rules as us.

    This has been addressed in this thread (8 posts back from this post), making it obvious you have not even attempted to read this thread at all to inform yourself of the argument that has taken place so far. So yeah, misinformed, unwilling to understand the debate you are walking in to, I stopped reading your post as most sane people would have done.

    Edit; the forums have an ignore function. Sadly, ignoring others doesn't make you correct, that is why I never use it - I am happy to be corrected, by anyone, and when someone does I would like to be able to read it.

  2. #192
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    323
    I would love a server like this, hell its how I think all servers should be. You people pretending like the game depends on you picking flowers not realizing plenty of people who love to pvp also farm too, are delusional tho.

  3. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramble View Post
    Pro Tip:

    You can easily HALT all intercontinental trade running by patrolling the narrow straights between continents. By scouting out that juicy launch point hanging out in the ocean from Two Crowns. You can "own" the Crimson Rift event, repeatedly ganking raids off it, and GR as well, etc. Heck, just a couple of days ago I saw a Merch dragged off one of the Dewstone beaches by like four "Red" ships, on it's way to conflict water yard by yard.

    Unless of course you are parked on a bridge moping, or perching at NPCs.

    There's a thread started in General Discussion about ideas to leverage/revitalize PvP through more creative use of conflict / war zones and areas.

    Go give some ideas.
    That would require EFFORT to troll ppl (and not even do pvp). He wants to lazy troll ppl or better... harrass them without repercussions.

  4. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by SlayersKnight View Post
    I would love a server like this, hell its how I think all servers should be. You people pretending like the game depends on you picking flowers not realizing plenty of people who love to pvp also farm too, are delusional tho.
    This may be correct, doesnīt change the fact that you donīt need all killzones for profitable PvP. Roadblocks (in safe) and killing Farmer alts is not PvP. Itīs lame *word here* trolling.

  5. #195
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    288
    I voted no because it would have a negative impact on the current servers for little to no gain. I agree everyone should be able to play the game how they want, but that is how it already is, if you want more PVP then go create some. I do agree that the current safety in the housing zones needs to be revoked or revised. If anything it should only be safe within the confines of YOUR property. I do not see ganking someone single planting as PVP, but it is also silly the way we can currently hop from safety area to safety because the whole housing zone is safe, that does prevent and hinder PVP. I would also have no issue with pirates being able to attack in warzones that have cycled to peace to open up some more risk and PVP.

    One of my main reason for voting no is that a full PVP server would become dominated by a single or couple strong guilds with either P2W or transfers of highly geared players. With no safe ways to earn gold and gear up, the dominate guilds could prevent most progression for the rest of the population while furthering the gear gap. Also trade carts are a joke and can be destroyed in seconds and with no real way to defend. Trade runs would be nearly impossible to net any profit and one of the main ways gold enters the game would be majorly affected.

    Some of you have used Lineage 2 as an example of a full always on PVP game that was very successful, yet you seem to be ignoring some major differences. First Lineage 2 did not have trade runs and fishing (well not at first and not like this game) so wealth was created from farming mobs for adena and mats for crafting. So even if you were ganked while farming you wouldn't be loosing gold just XP and Time. You also had the choice of finding another farming spot or calling out guildies/alliance mates for some good pvp. So many spontaneous 30vs30s happened just over someone getting ganked. This would be good, but in our game people gank, take your pack and run off as fast as possible. There is no sustained pvp because by the time you get back to where you died that person is long gone and has no care about PVP, they just want easy gold. Also L2 had a much different PVP system with greater risks, basically for anyone who doesn't know you could attack anyone at any point and you would turn purple. This meant you were open to be attacked, but anyone who attacks you or heals you would turn purple as well. When you kill someone who is purple there is no consequence for you or the person you killed (other than time and xp). If you did not fight back and the person just wanted to gank you they would then turn RED. While red if you are killed there was a high chance to drop equiped items, like your weapons, armor, and jewels. This meant you had to really want to kill someone to risk going red and prevented pointless ganking. Players had the option of fighting back or making the other person risk going red. This is much different than Archeage where the ganker has all the advantage and possible reward while the player being ganked has everything to lose and nothing to gain. Until the ganker/pvper has something to lose I will not support a full pvp mode because it makes no sense in this game.

  6. #196
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    36th Chamber.
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by Denick View Post

    Some of you have used Lineage 2 as an example of a full always on PVP game that was very successful, yet you seem to be ignoring some major differences. First Lineage 2 did not have trade runs and fishing (well not at first and not like this game) so wealth was created from farming mobs for adena and mats for crafting. So even if you were ganked while farming you wouldn't be loosing gold just XP and Time. You also had the choice of finding another farming spot or calling out guildies/alliance mates for some good pvp. So many spontaneous 30vs30s happened just over someone getting ganked. This would be good, but in our game people gank, take your pack and run off as fast as possible. There is no sustained pvp because by the time you get back to where you died that person is long gone and has no care about PVP, they just want easy gold. Also L2 had a much different PVP system with greater risks, basically for anyone who doesn't know you could attack anyone at any point and you would turn purple. This meant you were open to be attacked, but anyone who attacks you or heals you would turn purple as well. When you kill someone who is purple there is no consequence for you or the person you killed (other than time and xp). If you did not fight back and the person just wanted to gank you they would then turn RED. While red if you are killed there was a high chance to drop equiped items, like your weapons, armor, and jewels. This meant you had to really want to kill someone to risk going red and prevented pointless ganking. Players had the option of fighting back or making the other person risk going red. This is much different than Archeage where the ganker has all the advantage and possible reward while the player being ganked has everything to lose and nothing to gain. Until the ganker/pvper has something to lose I will not support a full pvp mode because it makes no sense in this game.
    You just enlisted why archeage would never be comparable to a sandbox nor a positive pvp game example, in its current shape.
    And all in all, i agree with you, except for the conclusion, that for me is opposite.
    Also don't forget the major flaw this game has, that are locked nations/factions.
    Factions are by default a pvp denial.

    Archeage punishes you for pvping.
    It punishes you for even thinking of wasting your time on the sea looking for targets instead of potatoing or just being smart and afk snipe AH while sitting in mirage isle (def the most profitable way of playing AA).

    Let alone how much you would be punished if you were actually going pirate to have an effective increase of potential targets.

    So don't tell me this game incentives PvP or griefing, because it doesn't.
    C'mon, terms like "sandbox" "player made economy" "freedom" and other gimmicks may work only towards purposely self blinded folks, right now.
    Pvp right now is rendered completely meaningless from both sides and nowadays players are nowhere comparable to what we used to be 5/6 years ago, moreover pvp in archeage its horribly easy to avoid (there's some milions of nui statues scattered all over the map, and if thats not enough, there's other trashy features such as dungeons, guards, portals etc,etc) and ultimately it'll turn out to be a complete waste of time.

    Library is also the worst thing this game could've suffered and to be honest, the final blow to it.
    Sadly, without russians, western community cannot pvp.
    "I'm Always Right". [TM]

    ".... government ties is really why the government lies, discover it yourself instead of askin' the government why, so then the cause of death will cause the propaganda to die.... "

    "... lucifer its god in the public school system, i'd suggest you to open your ears and listen...."

    Zairakh, 55 Reaper/Revenant (gameover).

  7. #197
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    You just enlisted why archeage would never be comparable to a sandbox nor a positive pvp game example, in its current shape.
    And all in all, i agree with you, except for the conclusion, that for me is opposite.
    Also don't forget the major flaw this game has, that are locked nations/factions.
    Factions are by default a pvp denial.

    Archeage punishes you for pvping.
    It punishes you for even thinking of wasting your time on the sea looking for targets instead of potatoing or just being smart and afk snipe AH while sitting in mirage isle (def the most profitable way of playing AA).

    Let alone how much you would be punished if you were actually going pirate to have an effective increase of potential targets.

    So don't tell me this game incentives PvP or griefing, because it doesn't.
    C'mon, terms like "sandbox" "player made economy" "freedom" and other gimmicks may work only towards purposely self blinded folks, right now.
    Pvp right now is rendered completely meaningless from both sides and nowadays players are nowhere comparable to what we used to be 5/6 years ago, moreover pvp in archeage its horribly easy to avoid (there's some milions of nui statues scattered all over the map, and if thats not enough, there's other trashy features such as dungeons, guards, portals etc,etc) and ultimately it'll turn out to be a complete waste of time.

    Library is also the worst thing this game could've suffered and to be honest, the final blow to it.
    Sadly, without russians, western community cannot pvp.
    I pretty much agree with what you said, though I disagree with your comment that pvp is a punishment. It may be a time waster and not the most time efficient way to make money, but there is certainly no punishment (unless you are pirating your faction). I agree we need player made factions for more diversity and to help with servers that are imbalanced. I also feel you missed my point about the pvp/ganker having all the reward without the risk. I was saying that would be the case if it was a full pvp server, under the current system the balance is that the pvp/ganker has to spend time and effort to get their reward. If it was full open pvp with the current rule set why would anyone run a trade pack? Hmm lets see we have a seriously high risk of getting ganked if you go any distance for some good s/l ration, you risk losing your materials, labor to make the pack, and the shatigons to repair your hauler. Meanwhile the pvp/ganker is risking what? It will be pretty funny when all the pvp players are standing around with their thumbs up their ♥♥♥♥♥ looking for someone to steal from because nobody is doing anything.

    Don't get me wrong I love high danger situations and L2 was my favorite game. I am not opposed to open pvp and I have always had my farms in PVP zones because I like the random bit of pvp. At the same time this game needs to have some peace zones in its current form. I feel they can find much more creative and fun ways to incite more pvp than to try and change the core of this game. In L2 we would pvp for fun, guild pride, and farming spots. I don't understand the PVPers complaining about no PVP when there is plenty of opportunity for it. I think it is more that these "pvpers" are looking for easy kills and gold.

  8. #198
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    148
    I would like this change if it was implemented on existing servers. We do not need more servers until the population demands it.
    --Og

  9. #199
    Yes please give us a pvp server with no carebears aka potatofarmers aka pveonly aka standingonfarmallday guys

  10. #200
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    EU - Eanna
    Posts
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekinox View Post
    Yet Everyday since 1 year, Open world PvP has been ignored and nerfed at every steps. So your so called Balanced between PvE/PVP is ironic and not right at all.. An utopia at the least.
    I dont thing it is a utopia. Remember one of the sandbox headlines "create your own content" and its possible to do that in AA, players create amazing PvP moments and PvE gives a hand "pulling" people to a certain zone in a certain hour so the PvP hapened.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zekinox View Post
    5v5/1v1/MM/kraken assault/Halcyona.. thoses are Battleground, and not Open world PvP because every Events looks the same and there is the same goal/reward everytime you do it.
    I dont understand what type of PvP you are looking for, or what is for you Open World PvP. Yes Arenas and Mist are battlegrounds, so is sieges duo to the players limits.
    Halcyona was build to give us a Faction conflit, it hapends in open world and and has no limits of participation, so i dont call it battleground. Abyssal Attack with the packs in the end and Luscas quest are PvE content build it in a way to promote naval Warfare, in a open world, again with no players limits, so no is not a Battleground. Abyssal and Luscas bring the naval warfare to the game, otherwise we spend hours on the sea looking for some action and only see water.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zekinox View Post
    Housing Safe Areas in PvP zones just tells you how much PVP is not desired in those PvP/PvE you're describing. It began with Safe Area inside and outside library in DS, followed by the housing Areas, then the DS filled with Canons/safe zones, And now people can even false report you because you use your boat/hawler to block someone/something even in PvP Areas.

    So keep praising your mix Pve/PVP, i'm tired of thoses PvE Hardcore gamer. They have their server, now give me my little home aswell !
    I agree this last changes about housing zones was wrong, should never hapened, but i was talking in a overall situation about the game, not pointing this feature was correct or that feature was wrong. I just thing the solution to some players issues is not doing something that really hurt the game imo like create diferent servers with diferent rulesets.

    Theres alot that could change about ArcheAge for better in my view, i could make a huge list about what should be done, and yes more Open World PvP are there, like continious real guild conflicts, allow alliances create new factions, etc. But the thread is not about that, is about creating a new server and AA dont need new servers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts