Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

  Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: What the players you lost think about blockades.

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    247

    What the players you lost think about blockades.

    Poll on a mmo website about their feelings on blockades. Notice that 70% of the people disagreed that this would be considered pvp. And 75% of those people were willing to say it was the Stupidest idea they had ever heard. And a lot of those who considered it pvp did not understand the full concept of the idea. Trion you made a huge blunder here according to actual mmo players and really idk how you can fix this game but good luck. Whoever on your board of directors who disagreed with allowing blockades should be the one in charge and not the people who said otherwise.

    Do you realize that the most anticipated mmo in 2014 was Archeage? You could have easily had millions of players. Anyways get the right people in the right places to make this game successful.

    http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/...sidered-pvp/p1

  2. #2
    Blocking in protected zones is trolling and blocking in PvP zones is ............ tadaAAAAA PvP.

    __________________________________________________ __________________

    Proud member of <Independent Traders> Eanna (EU)
    Not a member of those big alliances with their megalomaniac leaders!
    Bringer of Peace!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    989
    Bout time they finally put a foot down about this....

    Was a joke someone can go afk and block the entrance to a city or a bridge.... Heck of you had the computer power you could block multiple spots for no real cost to you....


    All the people saying this should have been left alone are probably the people doing it.... This did nothing to improve game play for anyone....
    Stupid phone and your auto correct.

  4. #4
    Blockades in safe zones were ABSOLUTELY pvp. Mental pvp. You have to use your brain to 'defeat' them, rather than your gear score.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,585
    Quote Originally Posted by Filmoret View Post
    Poll on a mmo website about their feelings on blockades. Notice that 70% of the people disagreed that this would be considered pvp. And 75% of those people were willing to say it was the Stupidest idea they had ever heard. And a lot of those who considered it pvp did not understand the full concept of the idea. Trion you made a huge blunder here according to actual mmo players and really idk how you can fix this game but good luck. Whoever on your board of directors who disagreed with allowing blockades should be the one in charge and not the people who said otherwise.

    Do you realize that the most anticipated mmo in 2014 was Archeage? You could have easily had millions of players. Anyways get the right people in the right places to make this game successful.

    http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/...sidered-pvp/p1
    So there is a website with voting by, I am sure, a bunch of players that have no idea how blocking trade routes in AA impacts game play. Don't think that is a more valid poll than the one here done by Trion.

    And yes, calling blockades in a PvE only zone PvP is absolutely stupid. What some of you cannot seem to comprehend is AA is a PvX game.. let me say that again.. PvX. That means, there are players that only want to pvp, players that only want to pve and players that do both. Keep your pvp trolling out of the safe zones. You want to block a bridge? Have at it, but do it in a conflict zone.

    Good lord stop all your tears on this and go do something pvpish that involves skills and not afking.
    I am outraged that you are outraged, and if you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

  6. #6
    Senior Member arby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,236
    Trion did the right thing by not catering to little children who get their tiny rocks off by harassing other players. Get over it.

  7. #7
    Senior Member neoVictrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Becoming a Blackguard
    Posts
    2,425
    Another one of these threads?

    Also I lol'd at "actual MMO players"; pretty sure that applies to everyone and not just a small group of people that decided to comment on another site.
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

    Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Zehro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Wulf View Post
    Blockades in safe zones were ABSOLUTELY pvp. Mental pvp. You have to use your brain to 'defeat' them, rather than your gear score.
    Can't tell if troll post. But this right here is exactly why PvP in MMO is pretty much dead. Carebears have taken over the PvP scene as well. Give it a couple years and farming plants to see who can grow the most will be considered "PvP".
    <SlayerS>
    Virtuosity (Zehro RIP)
    Kyrios East

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by neoVictrix View Post
    Another one of these threads?

    Also I lol'd at "actual MMO players"; pretty sure that applies to everyone and not just a small group of people that decided to comment on another site.
    I think their eyes MMO players are not casual players....

    If your a casual player you get no say at all what so ever....

    But thats my interpretation
    Stupid phone and your auto correct.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by Katki View Post
    So there is a website with voting by, I am sure, a bunch of players that have no idea how blocking trade routes in AA impacts game play. Don't think that is a more valid poll than the one here done by Trion.

    And yes, calling blockades in a PvE only zone PvP is absolutely stupid. What some of you cannot seem to comprehend is AA is a PvX game.. let me say that again.. PvX. That means, there are players that only want to pvp, players that only want to pve and players that do both. Keep your pvp trolling out of the safe zones. You want to block a bridge? Have at it, but do it in a conflict zone.

    Good lord stop all your tears on this and go do something pvpish that involves skills and not afking.
    Considering Trion's poll produced 60% of players thought it was a bad idea to allow blockades. The website outside of this game consists of a community of people who play mmo's. These people will vote differently because they consist of people who have left this game. It wasn't the fact that 70% voted that it was a bad idea. It was the overwhelming amount of them that voted it was an extremely stupid idea. That should really get trion's attention. When dealing with millions of dollars you can make a little mistake but when you make a huge problem and continue to ignore it for over a year. Well that's another thing entirely.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts