+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hallowtide event has been a fail

Hallowtide event has been a fail

Snail quest that requires players to grab pouches that spawn at such a slow rate. Additionally it has RNG as well to complete the quest. It is a carrot disguise as a gold sink for players to buy additional snails because they fail the quest initially.

Arena quest bugged so that some players can't get the rewards. In addition trapping so many players in a small area.

Yeah I know I know, don't like the event don't do it. This is the first event that I actually will not try to complete for the carrots because it is so damn frustrating to attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangogogo View Post
    Snail quest that requires players to grab pouches that spawn at such a slow rate. Additionally it has RNG as well to complete the quest. It is a carrot disguise as a gold sink for players to buy additional snails because they fail the quest initially.

Arena quest bugged so that some players can't get the rewards. In addition trapping so many players in a small area.

Yeah I know I know, don't like the event don't do it. This is the first event that I actually will not try to complete for the carrots because it is so damn frustrating to attempt.
    And the best thing about the Halloween event is that it was coded in a way that wouldn't allow any testing at all
    If there was testing then they would have found out that the zones did not set to festival period
    And the bug with the arena quest
    And also would have realised the snail event is pretty stupid as you have to ride around on a 3m/s snail fighting other people for a chance to drop the right candy

I find it puzzling how this sort of tripe is even thought to be addicting, I'm assuming the fun aspect of game design is automatically forgotten in play-to-wins.

One run-through, one character, one look at the "reward" vendor/machine-thingy.... deleted coins, going off to actually enjoy the game.

Horridly boring gameplay
    Bugged quests
    ♥♥♥♥ rewards

Quote Originally Posted by arby View Post
    One run-through, one character, one look at the "reward" vendor/machine-thingy.... deleted coins, going off to actually enjoy the game.

Horridly boring gameplay
    Bugged quests
    ♥♥♥♥ rewards
    the plushie isnt so bad

Angry

srsly Trion?

Thxi that you are punishing working ppl. again with the spawn-quest. So im not able to get the pumpkin-bed while working! Apart from this: The arena-event is the most stupid event i have ever seen, because the hole server is at this small place always at the same time (i was able to do it one time)....nothing else to say.

\m/\m/
    Tangra

..thxi I was Commander of Infused! *R.I.P*
    You want to be an ally to Tangra? Ask Deathie -> best guildlead ever
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkLTYHOB5KM
    I <3 Popa!

Quote Originally Posted by Fargrist View Post
    I find it puzzling how this sort of tripe is even thought to be addicting, I'm assuming the fun aspect of game design is automatically forgotten in play-to-wins.
    Nah. DDO and LotRO both put a lot of emphasis on fun even after changing from pure subscription to hybrid free-to-play/ pay-to-play games. But those were both developed by an American company (Turbine). Korean game designers to a man are stuck on the idea that time played = progression and that all players care about is progression because that is what Korean gamers (supposedly) want. It literally never occurs to these designers that there are entire continents of players for whom progression is just a means to an end (having fun with the content). Hence why, despite huge budgets, not one Korean game has come close to matching the international success of World of Warcraft. Sure WoWs graphics were a bit cartoony (although much of that was staying true to Warcraft's look) and it lacked reams of character customization. But even before the expansions WoW had more content than Arche Age and that content kept players coming back because they found it entertaining even if the prize at the end wasn't all that great.

Quote Originally Posted by Thenijiway View Post
    And the best thing about the Halloween event is that it was coded in a way that wouldn't allow any testing at all
    If there was testing then they would have found out that the zones did not set to festival period
    And the bug with the arena quest
    And also would have realised the snail event is pretty stupid as you have to ride around on a 3m/s snail fighting other people for a chance to drop the right candy
    Why ride around? Just sit in the spot you know a pouch spawns (the spots are fixed) and spam the button?
    NA - Hanure: Seduction
    GM of <Death Happens> - Hanure

Quote Originally Posted by Annouke View Post
    Why ride around? Just sit in the spot you know a pouch spawns (the spots are fixed) and spam the button?
    This... I get all my pouches in 15 mins or less. Never in more than 30 and I don't have to suffer walking around. Granted it would be easier if all the candy were purple to begin with or if you could turn any three colored candies. But its not impossible either.

You can perch your snail on your skateboard to move it around faster

Car works even better.

But... I agree... festival events are griefed and blocked. Accidentally click on a portal trying to touch the stone, and you get ported too far to complete the darned quest! Second worst event I've seen. Worst was the merge.
    Hanure - East - Nakama
    Villanelle - North of the Paddies
    Miyagi
    Lvl 55 Darkrunner/Soulbow/Primeval/Dervish

"Remember, best block, no be there."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast