+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saltwater Fishing

Saltwater Fishing

So I have been fishing quite awhile and I haven't noticed this issue until the latest patch with the fishing changes.

But almost every single spot I have come across, has either Jellies, a ghost ship(yes had a ghost ship just plow right through the middle of the pool and kill me, i wasn't looking that direction) or sea bugs surrounding the pool. Has anyone else noticed this? I have to spend almost an hour to an hour and a half to find one that *possibly* might not have to fight ever 3 seconds just to fish.

This was never an issue before, so on top of fewer fishing spots out in the sea, the spawn locations are just terrible.. maybe its just my luck. Funny how i'm spending more time fighting random mobs in the sea than pirates.
    Xhisors
    Enigmatist --- Spellsong --- Daggerspell
    Honor Bound | Commander

I've noticed this too. Comes with the higher prices for fish I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigane View Post
    I've noticed this too. Comes with the higher prices for fish I guess
    Yeah, but even with the higher prices, the higher cost to mackerel offsets that. Seems silly to charge 3200 voca(which can sell for 40g+) plus the red lures(another good money maker) to possibly get steam rolled by a random jelly that you didn't notice was 10 miles below the surface and attacks you after you chummed and started fishing.

Its a tough life for sea fishers. lol
    Xhisors
    Honor Bound | Commander

I've come across many spots that are unusable due to Jellies or seabugs post patch. I can think of one instance pre-patch. I can usually find a sweet spot where there's no agro- that is only until you have to go get your fish. This is why I always have stealth. Auramancy+shadowplay, are almost necessary for fishing. Short answer, yes seems like a lot more spots are like that now.

Quote Originally Posted by MingDeathbane View Post
    I've come across many spots that are unusable due to Jellies or seabugs post patch. I can think of one instance pre-patch. I can usually find a sweet spot where there's no agro- that is only until you have to go get your fish. This is why I always have stealth. Auramancy+shadowplay, are almost necessary for fishing. Short answer, yes seems like a lot more spots are like that now.
    Yeah Aura + shadow are 100% necessary for the mobility + stealth. Pre-patch there was also fishing spots everywhere it seemed. Now i have spend quite a bit of time looking, which is fine but I don't think it should take 30+ minutes finding a fishing spot.

Edit: I might have bad luck on finding them but its discouraging sometimes heh
    Xhisors
    Honor Bound | Commander

+ Reply to Thread