+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: @Trion Did you even know?

@Trion Did you even know?

Here's a little poll from a mmo gaming website to show what people think about Archeage. Notice that only 1 person out of 79 said the game was managed properly. I don't think they are being harsh and the poll is actually unbiased to give you an accurate reading. 85% of the people who tried this game said it was being managed poorly. That is a lot of people and I'm wondering if the development team was replaced or has nothing changed? You can't ignore such obvious errors in your business and continue to grow. Basically you could be making 85% more money off this game if you had a good managing team. This cannot continue to be ignored by your company without risk of looking bad.
    http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/...of-archeage/p1

Businesses aren't run that way mate.. Trino has access to far superior & more accurate numbers regarding who still plays and who really quit. Besides, their inexplicable emphasis on cash shop updates even in the face of game breaking bugs indicates they are making so much money that's all their senior management team cares about.
    Newsflash: the people responsible for trion's bad decisions so far are the ones who do the firing not the dev team.. I can also assure you that said individuals probably don't know the url for this forum lol .

You want to make a statement trion can use? Quit playing OR paying and give trion better stats to use in making decisions.
    If people suddenly stopped buying credits, trion will be forced to make money through some alternative.
    Yes, I just kicked you

The uninstall button is the greatest weapon you have against Trion/XL's Tyranny

They don't have to go to another website to see they're poorly managed, they can just read their own forums. The problem is they read the forums, and then ignore it for the large part. When your greatest accomplishments from forum input are Sheepie....... WHICH SHOULDN'T EXIST, and a broadly undefined ban on blockading, you have issues with input. They do not control so many aspects of the game, this is true, but they're ineffective at pushing back and getting changes that need to be made made. They're also highly ineffective at communication. There have been baby steps in both regards, but it shouldn't have taken a year for these baby steps to come around.

Yea I put the poll on another website to keep it from being closed down. True they might be making money but at what cost? They failed to see the cost of such business models. Which is general public hating their company as a result. I really don't think its Trion that is the problem because they never did this on any of their other games. I think its the leadership for this particular game that is causing a problem.

Maybe Trion is making bank? We don't have their financials. So we have no way to know if for Trion the game is being managed poorly, adequately or great. Seems to me that the people working there are pretty happy at least on the live stream. That says something.

Trion has admitted to making mistakes down the road. You can't change the past, you can only learn from it. I feel that the game is in a better place today than it was 6 months ago.

While I lost out on the merge land grab by them doing a reset, it was the right thing to do.

Remember most of the problems are caused by XL. Trion publishes what XL gives them and then has to deal with the aftermath, good or bad.

Anyone and his dog can point out problems. What are the major problems with Trion and what are your solutions OP?

You have to remember EVERY person on a forum or website that has an opinion is essentially an armchair investor.

The internet has basically given EVERYONE a soapbox in which to voice their opinions and they're opinions are ALWAYS "right".

That said, i'm sure you could find complaints, anger, angst, etc etc against every MMO, and game in existence to show how it could of been done "Better" but that doesnt really help anything in the here and now.

Unfortunately at no point in time is anything ever going to be "perfect" when it comes to MMOs, or games or decisions from companies and so on. Something willa lways bother SOMEONE on the net and they will ALWAYS complain about it like its the end of days

No one expects perfection. It is reasonable to expect that there is a functional QA department at trion making sure it's not just plug and playing patches assuming everything is going to work splendidly when that has clearly never been the case in the past. It is also reasonable to expect that any forward thinking dev or sys admin would have flagged opening every server at the exact same time after a gigantic patch AND merger as an amazingly bad idea.

Trion hasn't learned from its big mistakes swiftly at all. They had huge issues at auroria launch pushing all servers at once, they did it again for an even bigger change. They've had major issues with every patch, they still release and blame everything on XL. Your promotion process is failing Trion, please help it out with a legit support department. That's not even mentioning their KGB enforcement of trion friendly forums.

also considering Trion has had GREAT track records with their own games, i consider AA and outlier since they are not the devs.

But Rift and their other hands on titles have been great. So their business is fine i believe, as i feel Rift is one of the better themepark MMOs out there and handled its various changes and community very well. But then thats also probably because they made and developed it in house so they have abetter handle on what does and doesnt go on in it.

Really as far as handling game issues goes, AA really IS the outlier for Trion. So i have a hard time blaming the company as a whole when all their other games are pretty on point with handling things.

I think some of the replies here are missing the point. The point isn't that Trion isn't making money. They obviously are, or they themselves would work to get out of the contract themselves. The question is whether they could be making more money with better management. If ANY company stops and says they are happy with earnings, and aren't interested in improving to increase those numbers further, then it isn't a company that will be around for a long time.

I've never heard of a company that is so satisfied that they don't have any interest in improving their processes to make those numbers and profit even better. ...simply does not exist (I'm not referring to a small mom and pop with only one or two employees). Without a doubt Trion could be raking in alot more if things were managed better, but what I go back to here is that we don't really know if it is Trion or XL. No matter how mad a communication from Trion may look, that doesn't mean it originated at Trion, and dependent on their agreement with XL, we would never know if they could admit that the specific decision or problem originated with them or XL. ...that said, they seem to fall back on "waiting on XL' far too often as reason for either an error or lack of communication around an error.

What puzzles me is that even if all of this originates back with XL, you would think Trion would learn to the point of asking the right clarifications or testing things correctly before releasing or communicating back to the states.

I have simply never seen a game like AA that provides so much compensation when making a change or upgrade that affects (positively or negatively) the player base. I've equally never played a game that seems to have so many errors or problems this far since launch. You would think at this point in the MMO market, this type of thing simply wouldn't happen. That is an observation though, not so much a complaint. I'm willing to accept it as is right now as I have nothing else released on the market that interests me.

It doesn't matter if Trion is managing the game good or bad, people are spending a lot of money anyways. 1 out of 79 is nothing considering thousands are playing and paying and quite some people are spending in the thousands. Coming on the forums everyday to say "Trion isn't doing a good job managing the game" is going to change absolutely nothing. You are better off leaving and never looking back, or play the game through its mismanagement. Just stop with these ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ threads that have absolutely zero impact.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast