+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: @Trion Did you even know?

Quote Originally Posted by Thenijiway View Post
    You hear that trion?
    A few people from a random website on a random poll think you don't know what you are doing
    Step up your game trion
    78 people out of everyone that still play
    Come on trion you have to do better for those 78
    Sorry if you don't understand how to read polls and evaluate them. Try to get 100 people to agree on anything and see how that works for you. Yet asking 100 mmo players what they thought and 88 of them all say the same thing. 11 don't know and only 2 are saying something different. Yea continue to ignore such things see where that gets you.

Quote Originally Posted by Filmoret View Post
    Notice that only 1 person out of 79 said the game was managed properly. I don't think they are being harsh and the poll is actually unbiased to give you an accurate reading. 85% of the people who tried this game said it was being managed poorly.
    Here is the thing. You can't make everyone happy. Make it F2P and not P2W? Then those who have spent a ♥♥♥♥load of money already are going to be pissed. Hell, even the most volatile issues, when there is a poll, become a non-issue because we find that there are a lot more "silently content" people, about issues than the vocal minority. I've been amazed at how many things I "thought" was commonly detested, only to find out later that a lot of people like it just the way it is.

It's really too late to change things drastically at this point. Short of a wipe/reboot, which we know is never going to happen, there is nothing that can be done. If they remove P2W, people will be pissed that they don't have a fair chance to catch up to those who have already spent the money. If they take away the P2W items, the people who spent a ♥♥♥♥load of money are going to be pissed as well.

The only real option left, is open a new server, make it non p2w, run off a totally different cash-shop, not allow transfers, no shared Auction House. No multi-boxing, true open world pvp, and a 1 month patron credit to anyone creating a toon on that server.

I do believe if they did that, they would see a lot of new players/old players returning. Would someone "find" a way to manipulate the system? Probably? But it has the best potential to show what this game "can" still be.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaelin View Post
    Here is the thing. You can't make everyone happy. Make it F2P and not P2W? Then those who have spent a ♥♥♥♥load of money already are going to be pissed. Hell, even the most volatile issues, when there is a poll, become a non-issue because we find that there are a lot more "silently content" people, about issues than the vocal minority. I've been amazed at how many things I "thought" was commonly detested, only to find out later that a lot of people like it just the way it is.

It's really too late to change things drastically at this point. Short of a wipe/reboot, which we know is never going to happen, there is nothing that can be done. If they remove P2W, people will be pissed that they don't have a fair chance to catch up to those who have already spent the money. If they take away the P2W items, the people who spent a ♥♥♥♥load of money are going to be pissed as well.

The only real option left, is open a new server, make it non p2w, run off a totally different cash-shop, not allow transfers, no shared Auction House. No multi-boxing, true open world pvp, and a 1 month patron credit to anyone creating a toon on that server.

I do believe if they did that, they would see a lot of new players/old players returning. Would someone "find" a way to manipulate the system? Probably? But it has the best potential to show what this game "can" still be.
    OR THEY CAN STOP OPENING SERVERS LOL. I can't count the number of people are returning to legacy servers from the fresh start servers:
    This game's problem HAS NEVER been p2w, exploits or whatever... It's the Zerg mentality and toxic as ♥♥♥♥ community.

Inb4 ignorant replies; zerg mentality means not fighting or doing anything for yourself until you massively outnumber the enemy
    Yes, I just kicked you

The uninstall button is the greatest weapon you have against Trion/XL's Tyranny

Quote Originally Posted by talizzar View Post
    Every exploit that KR and RU had came to our fine little town. This is all on XL for not back patching the game they gave to Trion. If I was Trion I would be pretty upset. I suspect this lead to some interesting discussions, compensation, etc. with XL.
    This is not fully XL's fault. Trion should have anticipated it and refused to put out the patch. Trion may not control the code, but they control the deployment. It is their responsibility to make sure what they are given is ready for deployment, and if not, push back until it is. If they actually had honest and open communication with their community and told us that they had to delay a version a month for a fix that would stop Exploits A, B & C the community would most likely praise them for finally growing balls and a brain.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWiggler View Post
    This game's problem HAS NEVER been p2w, exploits or whatever... It's the Zerg mentality and toxic as ♥♥♥♥ community.
    Interesting. The game has never been p2w? Have you even installed this game yet? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaelin View Post
    Interesting. The game has never been p2w? Have you even installed this game yet? lol.
    They were saying the problem with the game wasn't being pay-to-win, the existence of exploits, and so on.
    Not that they didn't think it was pay-to-win.
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

I guess they are doing so well, they are banning innocent F2P players...
    they won't tell me what was the reason of my ban.. saying im using 3rd party program to gain advantage over other players.. Could take it as compliment, but truly im not that smart.. Or dumb to use any 3rd party programs to play this game..

Screw you Trion, you lost a great member of community.
    Sincerely Fractal(EU(Levethian))

You know when you think about it... there are people who spend 2k euros for this game in one month. How much did trion get from me? Well i think under 200. In a whole year. So if I feel like they don't give a crap about me, it's not only that I feel this way, I find it logical. If Archeage was a subscription mmo, then yea. Things would be a lot more fair for everybody. And when I say everybody I'm thinking compromises between carebears, pvpers, trion, my mother and whatever else interested party. Because ofc you can't please all, but p2w/f2p model isn't to please all or MOST and keep them happy together... but to keep the big pockets entertained. So in the end Archeage management is as vicious as any player who keeps winning with his p2w mythical galleon and epic gear and the f2p mass should know it's place as meatshields for his cannons and plebs populating his own city.
    Proud green pirate, fervent activist of the Tumbleweed Nerf Society

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3