+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: [ISSUE] Dropback + Fireball & God's Whip skills changed [UPDATED 12/2]

1.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #1
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar

[ISSUE] Dropback + Fireball & God's Whip skills changed [UPDATED 12/2]

Description: Reports from players have shown that Fireball+Dropback is no longer firing the normal amount of shots. Prior use resulted in 2 bursts of 3 fireballs (1 large, 2 small). Current use results in 2 bursts of 1 fireball (both large.)

The other report is on the diameter of God's Whip becoming smaller and smaller after repeated use.

12/2 Status: The fix for Dropback + Fireball will be officially included in Thursday's update. (12/3)

10/28 Status: We have shown XLGAMES these reports and their team is looking into the issue. We are awaiting their feedback before proceeding further, as we need to know if this is bugged functionality or intended design.
    Seraphina "Celestrata" Brennan
    Associate Producer, ArcheAge
    Scheherazade -- Morpheus <Haranya Preservation Society>

Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Visit the website for the latest news
    | Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Another issue that people are having with god's whip ever since the initial skill changes is that it casts much slower than before. It's still possible to weave other skills between god's whip casts but the timing is very different now and it's not nearly as effective as before due to the slow speed. The difference may not seem huge to the casual observer but for someone who PVPs as a mage every day it's really significant. Also, it's now impossible to weave chain lighting and mana stars between individual flamebolts, or at least very difficult to do consistently. This may also apply to other insta cast skills but I haven't tested all of them.

What about fervent healing? Still no mention about it and is even slower than god's whip since the patch...

You are stating now "a year in" that this "might be" intended design? Let me know right away please if it is intended design (after I have spent all the effort to gear a mage) so I can uninstall and cancel immediately. Thank you for your time.
    UDL

Tombs

Quote Originally Posted by Tombz View Post
    You are stating now "a year in" that this "might be" intended design? Let me know right away please. If it is intended design after I have spent all the effort to gear a mage so I will uninstall and cancel immediately. Thank you for your time.
    I am right there with you. How could they possible think this is "intended design." It feels like nobody at trion is playing a mage and doesn't understand the consequences and is acting like we are just complaining.

I do not know how to explain it any more to Trion, they would need to actually play a mage before and after. It feels very buggy and there is no way this is "intentional." Your community is not just whining, it is an issue that we would very much appreciate if the time was taken to fix it.

Its not fair! Triple slash still bad! Please, change it ASAP to korean version. PLEASE!
    http://i.imgur.com/EsSeXB2.jpg?1 - GUIDE "How to kill Ainz as mage"

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    Description: Reports from players have shown that Fireball+Dropback is no longer firing the normal amount of shots. Prior use resulted in 2 bursts of 3 fireballs (1 large, 2 small). Current use results in 2 bursts of 1 fireball (both large.)

The other report is on the diameter of God's Whip becoming smaller and smaller after repeated use.

10/28 Status: We have shown XLGAMES these reports and their team is looking into the issue. We are awaiting their feedback before proceeding further, as we need to know if this is bugged functionality or intended design.
    Origionally with Dropback + Fireball i was able to get 3-4 full rotations depending on what class i would play.

The dropback fireball is obviously bugged. All other affected skills were fixed while this wasn't.

As far as God's whip. I am in disagreement of the need to nerf it but it was in your 2.0 patch notes that the aoe changes across casts 1 through 5.

We don't care if this is intended or not, and you shouldn't care less either. It sucks to EVERYONE. We ALL what it back the way it was before. Even if XL would say it was intended, you HAVE TO FORCE THEM REVERT THIS. This doesn't change if this is intended or not.

something got changed last patch. cause even after they "reverted" the changes, and it still didnt work, you could've done. Dropback + 2 big firebolts, one second of break, 2 instant big fireballs again. Now you cant do that. they fixed so you cant make 4 big fireballs, but they didnt fix it so u can do 2 big ones and 4 small ones. Pretty hilarious.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast