Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: [BUG] Hallowtide: Candy Toss quest does not reliably offer tokens [RESOLVED]

1.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #1
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar

[BUG] Hallowtide: Candy Toss quest does not reliably offer tokens [RESOLVED]

Description: Player reports have shown that some players are unable to open the Shabby Treasure Chest after the Candy Toss event is completed. This leaves them unable to collect the 1 token that should be rewarded from the quest.

Status: 11/2 Update -- The extra tokens are now claimable, as per the instructions here: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?246588

After discussing with the team, fixing the bug would take too long and the fix would only come late into the event. Instead, we will providing all players with extra Hallowtide Tokens to compensate for the loss of tokens.

These tokens will be rewarded to players who have been gathering Hallowtide Tokens on their character. The exact number of tokens being offered and the exact number of tokens collected to qualify are still being discussed. This offer will count tokens that have already been collected and spent on a character.

The Hallowtide Token Machine will be unavailable after November 10th.

Some players have pointed out that the festival period will end in both Two Crowns and Solis Headlands on the 3rd. In order to make sure all factions have a chance to turn in tokens until November 10th, we have put in a request to XL to either add the machine to Mirage Isle (preferred) or add a second machine to Solis Headlands. In both cases, the machines will still disappear on the 10th.
    Seraphina "Celestrata" Brennan
    Associate Producer, ArcheAge
    Scheherazade -- Morpheus <Haranya Preservation Society>

Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Visit the website for the latest news
    | Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Could we have a timeline for this? When do you "think" we will receive tokens or know the amount? When is the prize machine coming down? Is it going to appear in mirage or elsewhere after the event?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah179 View Post
    When is the prize machine coming down? Is it going to appear in mirage or elsewhere after the event?
    Hallowtide workbench will remain at Two-crowns until November 10th [strike]and it won't be at mirage's permanent workbench after that date[/strike].

Edit from Friday 30th livestream :
    We'll be able to turn tokens on mirage island in the permanent workbench

4.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #4
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah179 View Post
    Could we have a timeline for this? When do you "think" we will receive tokens or know the amount? When is the prize machine coming down? Is it going to appear in mirage or elsewhere after the event?
    There is no exact timeline as of yet, but we're hoping to get this out to everyone next week.
    Seraphina "Celestrata" Brennan
    Associate Producer, ArcheAge
    Scheherazade -- Morpheus <Haranya Preservation Society>

Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Visit the website for the latest news
    | Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

'Spent'

Meaning we have to use tokens to have them counted? What about people who are saving up for the large token items, they wont get the tokens they should because they are saving for one of them?
    Lucius, you shall not be forgotten.

Fiain of Nazar - Thought to be the lone eastern rper.
    The High Council - proud member.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiain View Post
    'Spent'

Meaning we have to use tokens to have them counted? What about people who are saving up for the large token items, they wont get the tokens they should because they are saving for one of them?
    I think she meant that all the tokens you have earned would count toward the total even if you've already spent them.
    Claw to earth, blood to water, fang to wind, heart to Tahyang.

Mulberry ~ <Archangels> ~ Conviction East
    Moonstone ~ Conviction West
    Snowberry ~ Cinnabar ~ Conviction East

Quote Originally Posted by Fiain View Post
    'Spent'
    I'm pretty sure it means that even if you only have 4 remaining tokens, they'll track items that you already bought to check how many days you participated hallowtide event and not only provide extra token based on the 4 remaining tokens

Edit : I can see that Romonster has understood that way as well

Quote Originally Posted by Moly View Post
    I'm pretty sure it means that even if you only have 4 remaining tokens, they'll track items that you already bought to check how many days you participated hallowtide event and not only provide extra token based on the 4 remaining tokens
    Oh. That makes more sense.
    Lucius, you shall not be forgotten.

Fiain of Nazar - Thought to be the lone eastern rper.
    The High Council - proud member.

Description not accurate

@ Selestrata, the description for this bug isn't accurate. Players are unable to open both chests- it has happened to me, my friends, my guild - several times.
    1) After completetion of the candy toss event the buff( Moonswept or Ezna) stays unchanged and prevents you from opening both chests. And yes, this happens even when you win too!
    2) If you cannot open either of the chests, you cannot finish the quest "Cheer up the spirits" which costs you another token!

I believe you need to keep in mind this when you decide on the proper amount of compensation! Some people lose not only one token per event, but 4 !

I can also confirm. Even though it happens more often when you lose, it has happened to me a few times when I win.

I also do the event the same way each day, just sometimes after the event finishes you get the winner/loser buff, sometimes you get stuck with your team buff which doesn't allow you to open the respective chest.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast