+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: [REQUEST] Adjust Submarine Stats & Functionality

Odds are that XL will be skeptical about changing any of the code to do an entire overhaul on a single piece.

Here's a better idea (IMO):
    Leave the submarines as pet's but "Normalize" them the trion way - Gilda's go 9.0m/s / Chrome goes 10.0m/s / Archeum Pack Onyx goes 11.0m/s -- Then all they have to do is find the code line that reads something like "abletobeknockedoff = TRUE" and turn True to "FALSE"

or something along those lines -- then we can just fix the torpedo's n what not l8er

Quote Originally Posted by Skylight View Post
    red blue and white submarines in mirage isle were given higher base movespeed in their most recent patch.
    do you have a link to the patch notes by chance? Or know the number's they were increased to?

I would like to make a note that everything i've posted about the submarine up to this point has been based off a chrome submarine with no songcraft or any other armor upgrades that you can make for the sub's.

That being said, this is what i've achieved in a day after making my submarine.

As you can see, i got my sub up to 12m/s but that is ONLY after hitting my burst cannon + the marketplace tailfin with a 12% lunafrost gem and songcraft going - and it only got up to 12m/s for a split second.

I would also like to point out that the base speed of my chrome sub only goes 7m/s with the tailfin and nothing else going underwater.

I honestly don't know where to go at this point, if you increase the base speed of the submarine you're going to end up with really overpowered sub's unless you turn them into vehicles (which then they wont be able to be effected by songcraft at all) then i would say increase the base speed, otherwise i have no clue how to make the sub more effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Vendral View Post
    As you can see, i got my sub up to 12m/s but that is ONLY after hitting my burst cannon + the marketplace tailfin with a 12% lunafrost gem and songcraft going - and it only got up to 12m/s for a split second.
    Do note this is the max speed, the effective speed is lower than that because the bonus from songcraft isn't constant.
    I've tested it with a guild mate and the sub could not keep up with a basic clipper for very long.

Neither the sub nor the giant tailfin is cheap. At all. Making a speed comparison between a stock clipper and a fully upgraded submarine is like comparing a farm cart and a race car

My suggestion would be, in addition to slightly increasing the base speed and buffing all the abilities, to consider adding a movement speed reduction to the torpedo cannon so that trying to pursue and sink a properly equipped ship becomes more difficult, without impeding the submarine's ability to travel outside of combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickyan View Post
    Do note this is the max speed, the effective speed is lower than that because the bonus from songcraft isn't constant.
    I've tested it with a guild mate and the sub could not keep up with a basic clipper for very long.

Neither the sub nor the giant tailfin is cheap. At all. Making a speed comparison between a stock clipper and a fully upgraded submarine is like comparing a farm cart and a race car

My suggestion would be, in addition to slightly increasing the base speed and buffing all the abilities, to consider adding a movement speed reduction to the torpedo cannon so that trying to pursue and sink a properly equipped ship becomes more difficult, without impeding the submarine's ability to travel outside of combat.
    I see what you mean. I would honestly like for all the parts to be interchangeable between sub's as the chrome submarine can not use the Torpedo's and is stuck with the air cannon only that we have to sacrifice our unique stealthing ability to use. For the chrome submarine we can only use stealth when the sonar is equipped and can only use the air blaster when the air cannon is equipped but they are both head slot items. It's fine to have "unique" skills to each sub, that will make each one viable in their own situations, still at the same time you shouldn't hender one from using torpedo's or make the air cannon a waist item instead.

I would say the best course for action at this point in time is to let us get our hands on the new KR patch that boosted the base speed of the submarines. That will give us a basis to see what XL thinks it should be and maybe they'll let Trion tweek it a little here and there for the betterment of NA / EU. *fingers crossed*

There's also something else that needs to be improved with subs
    They have 2 lights for eyes
    But the lights don't light so theres no lighting to be able to see underwater
    And also maybe improving light for the dive helmet would be good as well

Agreed on the illumination part as well. I'm usually in the dive helmet and fins but additional light would be nice.
    // still trying to level machining to be able to make additional parts for my sub - would love to see it become a machine instead of a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by ncbwilson View Post
    Agreed on the illumination part as well. I'm usually in the dive helmet and fins but additional light would be nice.
    // still trying to level machining to be able to make additional parts for my sub - would love to see it become a machine instead of a pet.
    I don't think it would be anywhere near possible to have subs as a machine instead of a pet
    Cause machines and vehicles and stuff seem to only be able to go forward, back, left and right

Also celestrata pls ask xl for better lights on sub and maybe dive helmet pls

Translated from the korean 2.5 patch notes

"The existing white, red, blue has leveled the moving speed of the submersible.

Useful submersible to explore faster and that no Arta subs can be obtained through the salvaging content."

So im guessing the speeds are increased in 2.5..but not sure about the chrome steamfish.. I hope so.. I just bought a design

I have a feeling that celestrata never reads any replies to threads
    Cause I need to know if the sub lights will also be fixed
    But she no say anything

Celestrata pls

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast